Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 18-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapsy Pa View Post
All the Cork players just stood there as Nicholas Murphy lay prone on the ground after getting a blindside belt from that cretin. If the roles were reversed you can be sure that they'd all come piling in.

He should have been knocked out as sooon as it happened.

They know what it takes and we don't.
Spot on. Your first sentence is what worried me most about the whole farce.
Old 18-10-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
All the Cork players just stood there as Nicholas Murphy lay prone on the ground after getting a blindside belt from that cretin. If the roles were reversed you can be sure that they'd all come piling in.

He should have been knocked out as sooon as it happened.

They know what it takes and we don't.
Yeah and you know what should have happened then; red card for the perpetrator straight away and we would all be posting that he should have kept out of it.
As others have said, when we play The Animals in the league next February this prick should be taken away in an ambulance. The cowardly fuck will probably not play though.
Old 18-10-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne gayle View Post
Yeah and you know what should have happened then; red card for the perpetrator straight away and we would all be posting that he should have kept out of it.
As others have said, when we play The Animals in the league next February this prick should be taken away in an ambulance. The cowardly fuck will probably not play though.
As proven by the kenneally 'tackle' refs are loathe to send someone off so early (3 seconds) in the game.

A yellow card would probably have been dished out.

48-0
Old 18-10-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison View Post
I blame the the GAA right now as they will sit back and do fuck all about this.

Also i blame Nicholas Murphy for taking that hit like a bitch and not getting back up and doing the same to Kennelly a few minutes later.His experience should have told him exactly what Kennelly was up to and should have tried to reverse the physcology of the hit in the interest of his team..
In fairness I don't think Nicholas Murphy knew where he was for the next 10-15 mins.
Old 18-10-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
As proven by the kenneally 'tackle' refs are loathe to send someone off so early (3 seconds) in the game.

A yellow card would probably have been dished out.
After the Miskella incident in the semi-final I can guarantee you Duffy would have the red brandished before Kennelly even hit the deck had a Cork player laid into him.
We were all glad Miskella got off at the time but it came back on us in the end. The lads knew they would have to watch their step in the final and I presume Counihan told them not to give that prick any excuse.
Old 18-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Lyons View Post
In fairness I don't think Nicholas Murphy knew where he was for the next 10-15 mins.
I very much doubt that.If he was suffering concussion he would have been off.

That is the 2nd time in three years his performance in an All Ireland final was pathetic.
Old 18-10-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jams View Post
This will keep a few journalists happy over the break - just like Jack O'Connor's book, and then it will be all forgotten.

true fucking mockery

I'm sure the players wont forget come next summer...
Jesus..I had a fair bit of respect 4 Kennelly (until the final)..but thats just pure cheek to come out nd amit it.....Obviously everyone, bar the ref, knew it was intentional but to admit it so soon after the match is a sure sign of a c###.
This will also suit kerry down to the ground for next year...we will prob have 2 or 3 sent off..nd they'll be laughing
Old 18-10-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison View Post
I very much doubt that.If he was suffering concussion he would have been off.

That is the 2nd time in three years his performance in an All Ireland final was pathetic.

In 03 the hurlers lost but could have won due to their ridiculous amount of wides.

The same with the footballers this year....we'll be back again next year.
Old 18-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Senior PROC Member

That he admitted it just shows they couldn't give a fuck. He knows his AI medal is safe and he knows everyone in Kerry will admire him for it. The world and its mother knew it was deliberate - the ref did nothing. Question is - how do we make sure that we win the AI's for the foreseeable future?
Old 18-10-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantyisking View Post
I'm sure the players wont forget come next summer...
Jesus..I had a fair bit of respect 4 Kennelly (until the final)..but thats just pure cheek to come out nd amit it.....Obviously everyone, bar the ref, knew it was intentional but to admit it so soon after the match is a sure sign of a c###.
This will also suit kerry down to the ground for next year...we will prob have 2 or 3 sent off..nd they'll be laughing

There were plenty of kerry apologists saying "ohh it was a mistimed shoulder, kerry are Brazil" etc.

And that ref shouldn't be allowed ref a fight between two cocks.