Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 22-05-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne gayle View Post
I'd love to be positive, I'm sure Conor and the squad firmly believe they will win the AI this year (and if they don't win it I am certain it won't be because of lack of effort).
However nine times out of ten Cork footballers will shit the course, stumble with the finishing line in sight, shoot themselves in the foot etc.
I can't explain it, it just is, it always has been and there's no reason to believe it will ever change. We lose games we should win, Kerry win games they should have lost. End of story.
Shouldn't you really throw in an obligatory "unlike the hurlers who have such a great winning mentality, never give up attitude" there for the full effect?
Old 22-05-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Maguire View Post
Shouldn't you really throw in an obligatory "unlike the hurlers who have such a great winning mentality, never give up attitude" there for the full effect?
No, I'd have a lot more time for the footballers than the hurlers. I'm not slagging the footballers, I'm just frustrated it has to be like this with them. They deserve more than one AI.
Old 22-05-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
No, I'd have a lot more time for the footballers than the hurlers. I'm not slagging the footballers, I'm just frustrated it has to be like this with them. They deserve more than one AI.
Well that's fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. I picked it up the wrong way, I thought it was along the lines of some clown I heard coming out of Killarney last year "Shouldn't have bothered with this, we'll stick with the hurlers this year, they'd never disappoint" - capitulating to renowned bottlers Galway certainly fitted that bill, didn't it?
Old 22-05-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Maguire View Post
Well that's fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. I picked it up the wrong way, I thought it was along the lines of some clown I heard coming out of Killarney last year "Shouldn't have bothered with this, we'll stick with the hurlers this year, they'd never disappoint" - capitulating to renowned bottlers Galway certainly fitted that bill, didn't it?
Can't stand that attitude. It's prevalent among Cork hurling supporters too ("feck them, they're useless"; then they get to the AI final;"where's my ticket")
Old 22-05-2012, 02:54 PM

had a big discussion with a hurling man this weekend. Had to dispel the myth that anyone can produce a footballer with a few hours in the gym nonsense but that hurlers are just born.
Old 22-05-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P Splonk View Post
had a big discussion with a hurling man this weekend. Had to dispel the myth that anyone can produce a footballer with a few hours in the gym nonsense but that hurlers are just born.
Some dope he was picking an argument with you.

I'd say you pwnd the shite out of him.

PROC- CORK HURLERS 20000.
Old 22-05-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelicecreamman View Post

I used the dublin hurlers as my example that you can produce hurlers anywhere with the right effort and structures.

He was in his 60s though so not much hope convincing him.
Old 22-05-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelicecreamman View Post

Your sarcasm is misplaced especially with Splonky!
Old 22-05-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Slaughter me if you like but I'm going to say it anyway; we've got no chance of winning the AI.
I'll be at all the games and will support the lads but I don't see it happening.
What are you on about fear and negativity like this post here is our biggest enemy.We have a brilliant team and the lads showed by the way that they dealt with those Mayo thugs in the second half of the league final that they are very determined to land a second all ireland in three years and show the rest of the country that we are a great team.As Davy Russell the jockey from Youghal said in the examiner yesterday with better luck with the injuries Cork should win the all ireland this year.We have the best forward line in the country and man for man we are the best team in the country imo.
Old 22-05-2012, 09:52 PM

I agree youghalie.i can understand why people are apprensive, and logic does show cork dont win many irelands.

I do believe cork can win the all ireland, this year, but they need to belive they can beat kerry.

I think when cork play kerry they half expect kerry to do a number on them.they shoudnt, there is no reason why kerry sh