Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-02-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
So, you just made it up?

Cheers.
Those are current figures. Figures for nurses currently working involve extrapolation.

No-one really knows how long the average nurse working today will live for after retirement, and it requires advanced actuarial mathematics to estimate.

But it's increased by about 10 years since 30 years ago and it's reasonable to assume it will continue to increase.

You'd have been better off criticizing me for assuming all nutses are female.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:24 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas376 View Post
I didn't think that nurses' pensions would be as high as 70% of final salary. I know that a teachers' maximum pension is 50% of final salary and they only get that after 40 years service - They also pay tax on that amount. I'd be surprised if nurses pensions are higher than those of teachers.
My ex-wife, a nurse, who I have not a bad word to say against, will retire on two thirds her final wage....no Insurance/Pension company in the world can offer the same deal to people who are outside the private sector UK.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
My ex-wife, a nurse, who I have not a bad word to say against, will retire on two thirds her final wage....no Insurance/Pension company in the world can offer the same deal to people who are outside the private sector UK.
Is this in Ireland or UK?
Old 09-02-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
Change the who to whom sharpish, dooly, or Fishy'll be down the chimbly.

This is it, the HSE has to think of paying easily another 50% of a nurse's lifetime salary as pension after she (or he or they) retire.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:33 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppellanger View Post
Those are current figures. Figures for nurses currently working involve extrapolation.

No-one really knows how long the average nurse working today will live for after retirement, and it requires advanced actuarial mathematics to estimate.

But it's increased by about 10 years since 30 years ago and it's reasonable to assume it will continue to increase.

You'd have been better off criticizing me for assuming all nutses are female.
No, I'm criticising your figures. The average male like expectancy is 79, female is just over 82. We're also working longer.

It's simply untrue that so many nurses will collect thirty year pensions. There's not that many people living to 90, and those that do are not all nurses!!
Old 09-02-2019, 08:37 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Change the who to whom sharpish, dooly, or Fishy'll be down the chimbly.

This is it, the HSE has to think of paying easily another 50% of a nurse's lifetime salary as pension after she (or he or they) retire.
....whom is a bit impersonal and trite deleted the "m" in defiance dopple...given her pension I may very well remarry her, never let foolish pride get in the way of a loose fortune...
Old 09-02-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
No, I'm criticising your figures. The average male like expectancy is 79, female is just over 82. We're also working longer.

It's simply untrue that so many nurses will collect thirty year pensions. There's not that many people living to 90, and those that do are not all nurses!!
I posted the link to oecd figures that say a 65 year old Irish female can expect to live to 86. Nurses get a percentage of final salary so pension costs are a significant additional cost to public sector wage figures. If private sector nurses are onky getting 10% more it's still cheaper in the long run.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
I posted the link to oecd figures that say a 65 year old Irish female can expect to live to 86. Nurses get a percentage of final salary so pension costs are a significant additional cost to public sector wage figures. If private sector nurses are onky getting 10% more it's still cheaper in the long run.
...dopple... His desire for accuracy doesn't disguise the reality....they are well remunerated and pensioned.

IF he want's a new arsehole ripped he could always contradict me. He and Beamish, what's the diff...eh....smirk
Old 09-02-2019, 10:04 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
86 - 65 is 21. A long way from thirty years. I'm sure you also know that most of the nurses don't reach 86 either.

Also, I'm sure they pay tax on those pensions and how much do they contribute beforehand?
Old 09-02-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
86 - 65 is 21. A long way from thirty years. I'm sure you also know that most of the nurses don't reach 86 either.

Also, I'm sure they pay tax on those pensions and how much do they contribute beforehand?
Whatever, private nurses might be more expensive on an hourly basis, but not on a long-term basis.

They're the same nurses anyway, if they think they can make more as private sector, they can simply give up their pensionable public sector cushy numbers.

What's your point, caller?