Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 18-10-2016, 03:25 AM
Tempchoice Tempchoice is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post

If there was a two way bus link running up and down Horgan's Quay (dropping and collecting people at the train station on the way) one would have thought it would have made any development further out of town all the more attractive.
That was the original plan reported by the echo but I since believe it is knocked on the head due to cost issues.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 18-10-2016, 03:33 AM
Tempchoice Tempchoice is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post

The planners decide what goes where as per their development plan and pre-planning discussions with the developers.
According to the Echo, it is going to take another 7 years before Bam, Claredon or what ever they are called can even build there

http://www.eveningecho.ie/cork-news/...-city/2501355/

It will take up to seven years for Clarendon and BAM to design the site and gain planning permission, and construction can then begin
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 18-10-2016, 08:55 AM
hans aus dtschl hans aus dtschl is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ratville
Posts: 4,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempchoice View Post
Okay Siac are doing the new entrance from Horgan's Quay side and they gave a price for the job regardless of how long it takes, do you think it benefits them to be slow??? My god some people really have no clue on the pace of construction and terrain they come up against(and also working under a live railway track), which is what is probably lending to the slow "visable" progress. You do know that they are working underground? So I doubt you see the progress.
You got to love amateur construction commentators
Are you involved on this project? If so, any chance you could give us an unofficial update?
Is work underway, and any rough idea of a completion date (to the nearest year)?
__________________
http://www.weekdaymix.com
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 18-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Tempchoice Tempchoice is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans aus dtschl View Post
Are you involved on this project? If so, any chance you could give us an unofficial update?
Is work underway, and any rough idea of a completion date (to the nearest year)?
Not involved, have a good buddy working for Siac. Christmas 2018 he said for opening. Issues between Siac and CIE at the moment ( when they started on the proposed tunnell entrance they uncovered a load of concrete piles which had to be removed by another contractor)but Murphys seem to be keeping pace with their section of contract.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 18-10-2016, 11:33 AM
mire mire is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempchoice View Post
Okay Siac are doing the new entrance from Horgan's Quay side and they gave a price for the job regardless of how long it takes, do you think it benefits them to be slow??? My god some people really have no clue on the pace of construction and terrain they come up against(and also working under a live railway track), which is what is probably lending to the slow "visable" progress. You do know that they are working underground? So I doubt you see the progress.
You got to love amateur construction commentators

Poor response.

I am aware of what is involved; I understand the fact that much of the work is not visible, but this is not exactly Crossrail; it is a fairly small and uncomplicated project. It is a SINGLE pedestrian subway and it is on site for how long now? More to the point though is the fact that CIE have shown zero interest since 2001 in doing this work - it's a yellow pack, half assed project that isn't really befitting the city's rail station; it is also proceeding very slowly. Your drawing, which I have seen before, is not exactly something that explains what is and has been a very, very slow project.

Apologies for being an ''amateur construction commentators'', whatever that means.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 18-10-2016, 11:39 AM
mire mire is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempchoice View Post
Not involved, have a good buddy working for Siac. Christmas 2018 he said for opening. Issues between Siac and CIE at the moment ( when they started on the proposed tunnell entrance they uncovered a load of concrete piles which had to be removed by another contractor)but Murphys seem to be keeping pace with their section of contract.
Christmas 2018??? Are you joking? This has been site for OVER 12 months - and you just had a go at me for saying it was slow. So, it's going to take 3.5 years?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 18-10-2016, 11:45 AM
Stacky Stacky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 32,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempchoice View Post
Not involved, have a good buddy working for Siac. Christmas 2018 he said for opening. Issues between Siac and CIE at the moment ( when they started on the proposed tunnell entrance they uncovered a load of concrete piles which had to be removed by another contractor)but Murphys seem to be keeping pace with their section of contract.
Almost 2019 ?

We will all be on hoverboards by then - that program is farcical
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 18-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Tempchoice Tempchoice is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mire View Post
Christmas 2018??? Are you joking? This has been site for OVER 12 months - and you just had a go at me for saying it was slow. So, it's going to take 3.5 years?
Sorry I thought I typed 2017 which it is.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 18-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Bennyton Bennyton is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Turners Cross
Posts: 4,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Almost 2019 ?

We will all be on hoverboards by then - that program is farcical
Oh ffs, if it takes them that long to tunnel under, why didn't they think about an overpass? i.e. stairs going up and over, with a walkway? it also has the benefit of not fucking flooding.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by They View Post
Flew in to Cork Monday morning in the wind, rain and fog. He landed 2nd time around, and even though it was sky/ground/sky/ground out the window for the last 20 seconds he met it bang on in fairness.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 18-10-2016, 12:17 PM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 14,383
Default

SIAC - I remember when they were the plain old South of Ireland Asphalt Company down near where Goldbergs is now
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.