Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 18-10-2016, 03:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post

If there was a two way bus link running up and down Horgan's Quay (dropping and collecting people at the train station on the way) one would have thought it would have made any development further out of town all the more attractive.
That was the original plan reported by the echo but I since believe it is knocked on the head due to cost issues.
Old 18-10-2016, 03:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post

The planners decide what goes where as per their development plan and pre-planning discussions with the developers.
According to the Echo, it is going to take another 7 years before Bam, Claredon or what ever they are called can even build there

http://www.eveningecho.ie/cork-news/...-city/2501355/

It will take up to seven years for Clarendon and BAM to design the site and gain planning permission, and construction can then begin
Old 18-10-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempchoice View Post
Okay Siac are doing the new entrance from Horgan's Quay side and they gave a price for the job regardless of how long it takes, do you think it benefits them to be slow??? My god some people really have no clue on the pace of construction and terrain they come up against(and also working under a live railway track), which is what is probably lending to the slow "visable" progress. You do know that they are working underground? So I doubt you see the progress.
You got to love amateur construction commentators
Are you involved on this project? If so, any chance you could give us an unofficial update?
Is work underway, and any rough idea of a completion date (to the nearest year)?
Old 18-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans aus dtschl View Post
Are you involved on this project? If so, any chance you could give us an unofficial update?
Is work underway, and any rough idea of a completion date (to the nearest year)?
Not involved, have a good buddy working for Siac. Christmas 2018 he said for opening. Issues between Siac and CIE at the moment ( when they started on the proposed tunnell entrance they uncovered a load of concrete piles which had to be removed by another contractor)but Murphys seem to be keeping pace with their section of contract.
Old 18-10-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Okay Siac are doing the new entrance from Horgan's Quay side and they gave a price for the job regardless of how long it takes, do you think it benefits them to be slow??? My god some people really have no clue on the pace of construction and terrain they come up against(and also working under a live railway track), which is what is probably lending to the slow "visable" progress. You do know that they are working underground? So I doubt you see the progress.
You got to love amateur construction commentators

Poor response.

I am aware of what is involved; I understand the fact that much of the work is not visible, but this is not exactly Crossrail; it is a fairly small and uncomplicated project. It is a SINGLE pedestrian subway and it is on site for how long now? More to the point though is the fact that CIE have shown zero interest since 2001 in doing this work - it's a yellow pack, half assed project that isn't really befitting the city's rail station; it is also proceeding very slowly. Your drawing, which I have seen before, is not exactly something that explains what is and has been a very, very slow project.

Apologies for being an ''amateur construction commentators'', whatever that means.
Old 18-10-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Not involved, have a good buddy working for Siac. Christmas 2018 he said for opening. Issues between Siac and CIE at the moment ( when they started on the proposed tunnell entrance they uncovered a load of concrete piles which had to be removed by another contractor)but Murphys seem to be keeping pace with their section of contract.
Christmas 2018??? Are you joking? This has been site for OVER 12 months - and you just had a go at me for saying it was slow. So, it's going to take 3.5 years?
Old 18-10-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Almost 2019 ?

We will all be on hoverboards by then - that program is farcical
Old 18-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mire View Post
Christmas 2018??? Are you joking? This has been site for OVER 12 months - and you just had a go at me for saying it was slow. So, it's going to take 3.5 years?
Sorry I thought I typed 2017 which it is.
Old 18-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Almost 2019 ?

We will all be on hoverboards by then - that program is farcical
Oh ffs, if it takes them that long to tunnel under, why didn't they think about an overpass? i.e. stairs going up and over, with a walkway? it also has the benefit of not fucking flooding.
Old 18-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Senior PROC Member

SIAC - I remember when they were the plain old South of Ireland Asphalt Company down near where Goldbergs is now