tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Spurs thread - Page 662 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 25-08-2019, 10:48 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco 2005 View Post
FYP m8
Old 25-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Senior PROC Member

Ah fuck it.

Old 26-08-2019, 11:38 AM
PROC Member

Always find it hard to break down 2 banks of 5 but it looked like Newcastle watched the Villa game and were more organised defensively. Worst Spurs performance in a long time.
Old 26-08-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROCNA2018 View Post
Always find it hard to break down 2 banks of 5 but it looked like Newcastle watched the Villa game and were more organised defensively. Worst Spurs performance in a long time.
Is it though? There have been a lot in 2019, to be honest. A real Jekyll and Hyde team as far as performances are concerned.

Having the best available eleven on the pitch might be a start but that's a wild philosophy, I know.
Old 27-08-2019, 01:11 PM
PROC Member

Other than Vertonghen, who else was there? I'd have had Vertonghen left back.
Eriksen is either leaving or wants to leave but his heart isn't in it, and in that I think Poch is right to leave him out of the starting XI, it is why he wouldn't by Ceballos when he wouldn't accept an option to buy in the loan deal. Either in it with the team for the future or not. And Ceballos definitely looks the part.
Old 27-08-2019, 01:33 PM

Vertonghen and Eriksen should play at the very least. Eriksen's head must not have been in it against Villa and Newcastle but was against Man City? Me hole. It'll be a disaster if more than one major player leaves this week.
Old 27-08-2019, 01:44 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
Vertonghen and Eriksen should play at the very least. Eriksen's head must not have been in it against Villa and Newcastle but was against Man City? Me hole. It'll be a disaster if more than one major player leaves this week.
His performances have been sub par though. But fair enough. I agree on the players leaving.
Old 27-08-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROCNA2018 View Post
His performances have been sub par though. But fair enough. I agree on the players leaving.
I find this very difficult to agree with. Spurs fans banging on ad nauseum about hitting the first man on corners, yada, yada fail to see what he does so often in open play (the really important stuff that looks simple) - opening up the pitch in the opposition half with quick passes or finding team mates in tight spaces with forward passes. That stuff is vital, as was displayed Sunday by the amount of sideways shite we were subjected to.

An "off form" Eriksen is still better than what's available, particularly when Dele's injured and Lo Celso may not be ready to start. I've always liked Lamela but he's only good as a sidekick rather than the main creator. He's always failed spectacularly when given that role.
Old 27-08-2019, 03:01 PM
PROC Member

I think he should have ran the CL final and was practically anonymous and it probably cost him being RM's no.1 pick. But I'll defer to you.
Old 27-08-2019, 06:21 PM

He should have played better in that game, no doubt, but he's vital for games against Villa, Newcastle, etc who'll defend for 90 minutes but are inferior in quality.