Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 20-07-2013, 03:42 PM

Default Jose Mourinho v Alex Ferguson

Some lads discussing this in other threads.

Ferguson is the best British manager we've ever seen. An impressive haul of titles.

Mourinho has a great record for his age but will he ever reach Ferguson's level in terms of league titles?

We might even run a poll so thoughts are welcome. I'd especially like to hear KD's thoughts in this regard as he has been quite proactive in successful polls.

Over to ye, lads.

Cheers,

CB.

BTW, feel free to refrain from posting in threads you find boring and pointless.
Old 20-07-2013, 04:18 PM

The Godfather will hit 20 major league titles and at least 5 CL before he decides to call it quits. No doubt about that. The man is a managerial God.

People won't even think of Fergie by the time Jose struts off with with his haul.
Old 20-07-2013, 07:06 PM

Fergie just about shades it at the moment in terms of major titles and being a massive cunt but his reign is now over. Knowing he wouldn't have a hope at winning The European Cup again and over taking Liverpools 18 titles he decided to call it a day and at his age I doubt he had it in him to go head to head with Jose again. Jose is only a handful of titles away from Fergie and equal on European cups and when he retires there is no doubt in my mind that he'll definitely retire the more successful of the two.
Old 20-07-2013, 07:15 PM

There seems to be conflicting accounts on how many titles each manager has. I'm on my phone now and watching the match so if anyone has the actual stats you might throw them up.
Old 20-07-2013, 07:31 PM

Bit more than a handful actually

Ferguson 16 top flight titles, 2 champions league titles. Has been a manager at least 34 years.

Jose 7 top flight titles, 2 champions league titles. Has been a manager since 2000.
Old 20-07-2013, 07:57 PM

Can someone throw up their head to head record? On my phone.

I know Jose wins the CL knockout record 2 to 1. Can we get an EPL and cup games one?
Old 20-07-2013, 08:07 PM

I'm pretty sure Jose wins but we're not supposed to discuss it as it's in the past.
Old 20-07-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
I'm pretty sure Jose wins but we're not supposed to discuss it as it's in the past.
it's no longer relevant , Fergie is gone , long live Jose.
Old 20-07-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
Stevie used to love passing off the line that sir alec ran Jose out of town the time abramovich 'sacked' him. However it would appear to me that Sir Alec didn't have the stomach for it this time.

He pannicked and rushed in david moyes. David. Moyes.

Lol.
Old 20-07-2013, 08:14 PM

See? The past is irrelevant.

This is a new approach. It's very interesting.