Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 28-01-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.selfDestruct View Post
Anyone else pick up the Turn On The Bright Lights re-master ? Can't say I'm noticing much of a difference with the sound - but it is a nice package - with b-sides, demos, Peel sessions and a dvd.

Always preferred TOTBL to Antics, but recently I've decided the latter is better. I'd love to see them again. Only saw them the once.
I gave the remastered version a few spins but as you say it sounds exactly the same. I can't hear anything out of the ordinary. Possibly if I listened to it through headphones, it might have some subtle nuances to it.

The demos are grand to listen to but I always find that I only play them once and that's it.

Still a great fuckin' record. "Antics" is better though...
Old 05-06-2014, 05:39 PM

INTERPOL WILL RELEASE ‘EL PINTOR’
THEIR FIRST ALBUM IN FOUR YEARS ON SEPTEMBER 5

INTERPOL

'El Pintor'

5 September 2014

Interpol will release their brand new, fifth studio album ‘El Pintor’ in Ireland on September 5 on Soft Limit through [PIAS] Co-Op. ‘El Pintor’ is the band’s first album in four years, and sees them completely reinvigorated after a three year break from touring, offering ten incredible new tracks - taut and epic in equal measure.

Recorded at Electric Lady Studios and Atomic Sound in New York City, all songs on ‘El Pintor’ were written and produced by Interpol, with Daniel Kessler playing guitar and piano, Samuel Fogarino on drums, and Paul Banks on vocals, guitars, and taking over bass duties for the first time. The album also features Brandon Curtis (The Secret Machines) playing keyboards on nine songs, Roger Joseph Manning, Jr. (Beck) playing keyboards on “Tidal Wave”, and Rob Moose (Bon Iver) playing violin and viola on "Twice as Hard”. ‘El Pintor’ was mixed by Alan Moulder, and mastered by Greg Calbi.

Watch In-Studio footage here: http://youtu.be/eoaAP11p3sI

Described by NME editor Mike Williams as, “one of the most important bands to come out of New York ever”, Interpol recently premiered songs from ‘El Pintor’ for the first time as they headlined the NME Awards tour earlier this year.

The band will return to the UK this June to play The Other Stage at Glastonbury on June 27 and will also be playing a sold out fan show at London’s Electric Ballroom on June 25. International highlights include shows at Splendour In The Grass (Aus), Optimus Alive (Portugal), Lollapalooza, FYF and Governor's Ball (USA), Hurricane/Southside (Germany), and a headline set at the second ever ATP Iceland. No news of an Irish date yet!

Pre-order ‘El Pintor’ here: www.pledgemusic.com/interpol

‘El Pintor’
track listing:

1. All the Rage Back Home
2. My Desire
3. Anywhere
4. Same Town, New Story
5. My Blue Supreme
6. Everything is Wrong
7. Breaker 1
8. Ancient Ways
9. Tidal Wave
10. Twice as Hard

interpolnyc.com
Old 17-07-2014, 09:30 AM

Interpol are set to play the Olympia in Dublin February 10th 2015.

Tickets on sale tomorrow.

That's a poxy Tuesday though.

They were outstanding on the last tour.
Old 17-07-2014, 09:37 AM

I'm sorry to say I've never seen them.

Must check out dates for That London.
Old 17-07-2014, 09:44 AM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'oriel View Post

Think they are in the Roundhouse. Nice venue but not the biggest. Imagine tickets would sell fast.
Old 17-07-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'oriel View Post

Roundhouse on February 6th in that London.

They're great live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delzer View Post
Think they are in the Roundhouse. Nice venue but not the biggest. Imagine tickets would sell fast.
They did three sold out shows in Dublin on the "Interpol (4th Album)" tour.
Old 17-07-2014, 09:46 AM

Got the new single last week

'Tis ok
Old 17-07-2014, 09:49 AM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Sandwich View Post
Roundhouse on February 6th in that London.

I think they did three sold out shows in Dublin on the "Interpol (4th Album)" tour.
Yeah i'd say there will be a couple of more shows go on sale in Dublin ala Gareth Brooks
Old 17-07-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Yeah i'd say there will be a couple of more shows go on sale in Dublin ala Gareth Brooks
Same fanbase really...

The mid-week gigs in Dublin are a dose though.

I burned through a whole year of holiday leave going to Dublin/UK for mid-week gigs a few years ago.

If only Cork had an event centre capable of hosting these acts................
Old 17-07-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Really like the Roundhouse. I generally prefer smaller venues, I think.

Interestingly, Paul Banks isn't a fan of touring. Surprised me - though I get his point about the money stuff, I've always assumed that most musicians prefer the live stuff where it's more raw and honest?

From NME:

Interpol's Paul Banks has said he wishes the band did not have to play live, with the frontman preferring to spend his time recording instead.

The comments come in a new interview with The Quietus, due to be published in full next week. Speaking ahead of the release of the band's new album 'El Raptor', Banks says that he would choose to spend more time recording and less on the road if it were financially possible.

"I would love to not fucking tour, man. I would love to put out three records a year if I didn't have to tour," Bans states. "I mean, I would tour, but all artists now have to spend less time in the studio and more time on the road because there's no money any more in records. And so I feel like records are going to change. And maybe you adapt."
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/interpol/785...kqGfIB7h9sU.99