Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 11-07-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
You don't get to play them over and over though. Play Sweden's goal over and over and maybe we don't turn it into our own net. Hendrick's shot didn't go in, neither did Zlatan's. They didn't look like scoring at all and their goal was scored by one of our own players.
I won't shite my statistical jibberish all over this thread, but if you're familiar with expected goals, that's what I'm getting at here.

Neither of those two were particularly great chances, nor were the vast majority of attempts from either team in that game.

For all the positive stuff that came from the tournament in terms of passing the ball better against Sweden and the aggressive attitude shown from the start against Italy and France, Ireland are still very limited in the final third.

Luckily enough, that seems to be the case right across Europe given the way these Championships went. A bit of organisation and aggression can go a long way. Wouldn't fancy them to qualify for the world cup, but we'll see. Pity they aren't playing Wales first.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:13 PM

We will walk this.