Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password

Old 10-01-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Apple iPhone

looks great and as usual operating interface 10years ahead of everybody else.

but will it work?
Old 10-01-2007, 10:04 AM

My initial reaction is that there is not enough memory for something that will be displaying video clips and that I'd be interested to see whether the touch screen will cope with being taken in and out of people's pokets.

Are Apple going to allow for a replaceable battery in this?
Old 10-01-2007, 10:06 AM

just watched the key address I would like to believe him .The multi touch screen and the OS all seem to be well thought out, but as with all products I’ll be waiting for the second generation before I think about buying one ..but I do need a new ipod and a new phone... see if i can hold out till July

http://myspace.com/paddypaws123
Old 10-01-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddypaws View Post
just watched the key address I would like to believe him .The multi touch screen and the OS all seem to be well thought out, but as with all products I’ll be waiting for the second generation before I think about buying one ..but I do need a new ipod and a new phone... see if i can hold out till July
Why restrict yourself to an iPod, check out the Sony Ericsson or Nokia N-series phones.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:11 AM

all in all, it will cost you approx usd2000 between the cost of the phone and the monthly contract with apple and you phone provider. i think you have to sign up to a min 2 year contract. this is only available in the usa. i think it will be a year before its available here.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:12 AM

I have a Sony Ericsson and it's a fine phone just on the way out due to age (2 years) what i really want is a handheld wi-fi unit..with a light on it

Old 10-01-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crkaeds View Post
all in all, it will cost you approx usd2000 between the cost of the phone and the monthly contract with apple and you phone provider. i think you have to sign up to a min 2 year contract. this is only available in the usa. i think it will be a year before its available here.
wow is that the price.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:16 AM

Taken from Macrumors.com

Time's author as well as David Pogue had some one-on-one time with the device, and provides these additional details and observations:

- Can't download songs directly from iTunes Store
- Can't sync iPhone with a computer wirelessly.
- "Web speed was OK—not great, but OK."
- "Apple went through numerous iterations of the glass surface, trying to find one that’s not too slick or too rough, or that shows grease and fingerprints too much. "
- "It feels amazing in your hand"
- "Typing is difficult"

Looks slick, but i'd imagine it's a pain in the ass for texting. Which is a deal-breaker for me.

But John was all "Ur doin it rong, j00 needz to baptize me"

And Jesus answered sayin "STFU and baptize me n00b" and John did.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:21 AM

Really fast to type on according to the keynote

Old 10-01-2007, 11:55 AM

I have the Sony K 800i with a 2Gb Micro card and 3.2 MP camera and it really is the best all in one phone I've come across.