Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-05-2018, 11:54 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarlofPearl View Post
What's with the duplicate posting?
The vino M8
Old 20-05-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an liathroid beag View Post
Poll due out tomorrow shows that the NO is closing the gap rapidly (Sunday Business Post) this will go down to the wire.
RED C poll is showing the NO side having lost support in the last week. The Sunday Times Poll showing a dramatic shift to YES. These is out of keeping with trends. Also data was taken over the last 2 weeks.

Odd one.

YES side will be pleased with this turnup as usually polls show a swing to the status quo. Abortion maybe different.

The Irish Times MRBI poll on Thursday has the latest data used.

It's going to be too close for comfort. Looking like Dublin will get it over the line.
Old 22-05-2018, 04:11 PM
Senior PROC Member

Meehaul on radio today saying that we must have abortion on demand up to 12 weeks to cater for the hard cases
Old 22-05-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an liathroid beag View Post
It may only be circumstantial, but Nozzy referred to her posting of an image of a foetus as "moral depravity" and she then posted the clip of an abortion in reply to him on a thread where he protested that the thread was exclusively about abortion.
She was then banned. I checked her profile and her reply with the clip has been deleted. Very suspicious??
If that is correct then the self acclaimed great debater is a bit of a sham! I asked him to give an estimate of the number of Irish abortions if we had the same abortion rate as the English, I got a lot of waffle as to why he would not answer including that I did not include a ? with the question FFS.
Flirty obviously rattled him with a clip, which I estimated was an 16 week abortion max, after he advocating abortion on demand up to 16 weeks. He ran crying to Admin and had her banned.
Old 22-05-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawhosmeda View Post
If that is correct then the self acclaimed great debater is a bit of a sham! I asked him to give an estimate of the number of Irish abortions if we had the same abortion rate as the English, I got a lot of waffle as to why he would not answer including that I did not include a ? with the question FFS.
Flirty obviously rattled him with a clip, which I estimated was an 16 week abortion max, after he advocating abortion on demand up to 16 weeks. He ran crying to Admin and had her banned.
I am looking fwd to this debate now. Peadar Tobin will school Harris but I have given up my hope on a no .
Such a shame Ireland just copies every one else.
Will we do the same with Corporate Tax nope but we like to be one of the hip countries.
Minister of Heath and failed promise coming up and a Leo socks man .
Let's go now and hear the facts
Old 22-05-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawhosmeda View Post
To all the pro life campaignon here. I have been door to door canvassing and I admire you all. I respect Democracy and we will lose this but I will always respect human life.
My niece whom is actually staying tonight with my kids is with Down Syndrome not has Down Syndrome and my God she teaches love.
For her in Ireland it's illegal for her to have a relationship or get married or do simple things we all take for granted and she's so smart she graduated Primary school and then heads to secondary school next year same age as the others in her class.
She's never going to be a pilot or a TD BUT it's illegal for her to have a relationship in Ireland and look it won't be a problem soon and I don't want sympathy but it's a fact.
Minister Harris of Health and shakes actually promoted the Dr Stephanie O Keefe whom wrote the memos to not disclose the women on the Cervical Cancer check list but he said it was Tony O Brien before he left.
Get ready Ireland for chaos in our Health System and don't be blaming politics because you vote them in.
Slippery Simon has all the answers
Old 23-05-2018, 06:25 AM

Decisive win for the yes side last night. Tobin was cleared out by Harris. Patricia Casey was shockingly bad too
Old 23-05-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mire View Post
Decisive win for the yes side last night. Tobin was cleared out by Harris. Patricia Casey was shockingly bad too
Did you think so? I thought it was about even. And I thought Harris took a few cheap shots - he's no statesman.
PC didn't help her case by having to read her notes. But that's a cosmetic thing.
Old 23-05-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJ View Post
Did you think so? I thought it was about even. And I thought Harris took a few cheap shots - he's no statesman.
PC didn't help her case by having to read her notes. But that's a cosmetic thing.
Did you miss the cheap shots from Toibin about the homeless even Miriam interjected as it had nothing to do with what was being debated?
Old 23-05-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mire View Post
Good to hear, especially with just a couple of days left. I've deliberately avoided the entire shitshow over the last couple of months as I was always going to vote Yes, and there was no point raising my blood pressure listening to the No side spout unchallenged lies.

Weather looks good for Friday as well !