tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Celtic Thread - Page 1050 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 14-01-2020, 01:27 PM
Senior PROC Member

Lewis Morgan won't be a loss to Celtic I think. I'd great hopes for him as he'd done so well for the buddies but any time we tried him he seemed very ineffectual. Hope it goes well for him in the US.

Talk from Dubai is that Shved is back on form - his tenure so far has been bizarre so hopefully he'll be back to the form that had him as player of the year in his last club.

And Arzani is due back too. But Elhamed and Rogic have had further injury set-backs.
Old 18-01-2020, 10:19 AM
Senior PROC Member

'Fellow internationalists'.

That particular Record is scratched.
Old 18-01-2020, 05:43 PM
Banned

Griffiths 1-0 in the Glasgow Derby
Old 19-01-2020, 04:03 AM

Finished 2-1 thanks to some creative refereeing. A portent for the remainder of the season.
Old 24-01-2020, 10:14 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelBhoy View Post
Finished 2-1 thanks to some creative refereeing. A portent for the remainder of the season.
Yup. Even the ex-Hun player Alex Rae said on Clyde SSB that the ref gave a penalty against Celtic that was never a penalty, and denied Celtic a stonewaller.

When ex-Huns are having to come out and admit that you fear for the honesty of the game in Scotland. Two huge "honest mistakes" against the same team in one game. Plus ca change some might suggest.

Good to see Griff back in the goals and scoring in consecutive games. It'll hopefully boost his confidence but I think he's still got a long long way to come back.
Old 24-01-2020, 11:31 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post

Good to see Griff back in the goals and scoring in consecutive games. It'll hopefully boost his confidence but I think he's still got a long long way to come back.
His rattlement by Kris Boyd is very silly, just let it go and move on.
Old 27-01-2020, 05:34 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianthecreepyrat View Post
His rattlement by Kris Boyd is very silly, just let it go and move on.
Kris Boyd runs his own charity after the death of his (Boyd's) brother who suffered from depression. Boyd's OTT criticism of Griff given his stated battles with depression has rightly been roundly condemned across Scotland.

Delighted to see the Tribute Act mess up against bottom of the table Hearts despite taking the lead in the second half. Certainly a coupon buster for any one with a bet on Scottish Fitba.

Celtic had a very flattering 3-0 win over Ross County who thankfully didn't convert any of their chances.

I think both Celtic and The Rangers will slip up in the race between now and the end of the season.

Biggest worry for me is Celtic not flexing its relative financial muscle in the window. We've a few days to make a title winning couple of signings. Scraping over the line would still make us champions were we to manage it, but why take the risk?
Old 27-01-2020, 05:45 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Kris Boyd runs his own charity after the death of his (Boyd's) brother who suffered from depression. Boyd's OTT criticism of Griff given his stated battles with depression has rightly been roundly condemned across Scotland.
Boyd is a tool as well and very biased in his punditry and to be honest I hadn't seen much of what went before that match but on the basis of I what I saw Griffs was stupid to react to a pundit and worse again throwing his tape in to the crowd.
Old 27-01-2020, 05:59 PM
Senior PROC Member

I see Slippy slipped up again yesterday.
Old 28-01-2020, 04:47 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
I see Slippy slipped up again yesterday.
Slippy is a great coach for getting his message across - one of the The Rangers centrehalves slipped on the edge of the area allowing an Hearts opponent (former Hun Naismith) in on goal to score the equaliser

Celtic have completed the signing of Defensive Midfielder Ismaila Soro. Don't know much about the wee Ivorian other than what I've seen on youtube clips but I think Celtic have paid some Israeli mob over 2M for his services.

The concerning thing is Lenny has said that even if we don't sign anyone else he's happy with the transfer business so far. He's "streamlined" the squad