tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
General Election 2020 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: What will be the next government?
Fianna Fail overall majority 8 6.78%
Fine Gael overall majority 1 0.85%
Fianna Fail & Fine Gael coalition 14 11.86%
Fianna Fail & Sinn Fein coalition 23 19.49%
Fine Gael & Sinn Fein coalition 1 0.85%
Fianna Fail minority government (supported by Fine Gael) 16 13.56%
Fine Gael minority government (supported by Fianna Fail) 4 3.39%
Fianna Fail Coalition with multiple parties/independents 32 27.12%
Fine Gael Coalition with multiple parties/independents 7 5.93%
Sinn Fein Coalition with multiple parties/independents 12 10.17%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-12-2019, 08:59 PM
red&blue red&blue is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,611
Default General Election 2020

We are months, if not weeks away from a general election. What way are we going to vote?

Are we going to vote as we have for 100 years and put Fine Gael or Fianna Fail, or both, in power? Is the independent surge at the last election going to be repeated? Is the Green wave going to continue? Can Labour make a resurgence? Can the smaller parties make their mark? Or are we finally ready to vote left and put Sinn Fein in power?
__________________
🇺🇦 I'd go to war if the Glen were the enemy 🇺🇦
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:23 PM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 21,210
Default

I'd like to see sf in government but cant see it, they will be conscious of the danger of getting destroyed just like labour and greens, hard decisions would have to be made if in government, I'd say mihole would rather deal with greens and labour and independents rather than going cap in hand to sf,
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:46 PM
Roxetten Roxetten is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 18,058
Default

SF will use a border poll as a red line issue to duck having to go in with FF or FG.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:49 PM
red&blue red&blue is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
I'd like to see sf in government but cant see it, they will be conscious of the danger of getting destroyed just like labour and greens, hard decisions would have to be made if in government, I'd say mihole would rather deal with greens and labour and independents rather than going cap in hand to sf,
If the shinners have the opportunity to go into government but don't, they run the risk of just being a protest vote party but like you say if they go into government they could be decimated next time around.

I can't see mehole doing a deal with the shinners but I can see Fianna Fail ditching Mehole to go into government with them
__________________
🇺🇦 I'd go to war if the Glen were the enemy 🇺🇦
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:49 PM
Choice is yours Choice is yours is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 11,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue View Post
We are months, if not weeks away from a general election. What way are we going to vote?

Are we going to vote as we have for 100 years and put Fine Gael or Fianna Fail, or both, in power? Is the independent surge at the last election going to be repeated? Is the Green wave going to continue? Can Labour make a resurgence? Can the smaller parties make their mark? Or are we finally ready to vote left and put Sinn Fein in power?
In the words of the big man, never, never, never
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:51 PM
red&blue red&blue is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice is yours View Post
In the words of the big man, never, never, never
Always knew you were a West Brit 😁
__________________
🇺🇦 I'd go to war if the Glen were the enemy 🇺🇦
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:53 PM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 21,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
SF will use a border poll as a red line issue to duck having to go in with FF or FG.
At ard fheis mlmd said that was a red line issue, the electorate would not be happy if that is used as a get out .
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:54 PM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 21,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue View Post
If the shinners have the opportunity to go into government but don't, they run the risk of just being a protest vote party but like you say if they go into government they could be decimated next time around.

I can't see mehole doing a deal with the shinners but I can see Fianna Fail ditching Mehole to go into government with them
The danger for them is if they don't go in to government they as you say will be called hurlers on the ditch,
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:59 PM
dennisfallen dennisfallen is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,935
Default

I'm giving SF my no. 1 for the first time in my life. I've been let down by the rest of the gang too many times.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-2019, 11:27 PM
an liathroid beag an liathroid beag is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 15,252
Default

Meehaul for Taoiseach
__________________
A woman drove me to drink!-and I forgot to thank her!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Welcome Inn Sessions

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼







All times are GMT. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.