tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Amazon in Cork - what are they like to work for? - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 25-11-2013, 10:26 PM

Awful and I would not like to work there any time ,but especially at this time of year.
Old 25-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Banned

I'd do it. 11 miles a day. Just look at it as a free gym membership.
Old 26-11-2013, 12:21 AM

Haven't seen the show, but I've heard bad things about them from people who've worked there.
Old 26-11-2013, 12:26 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsaq View Post
Yeah that's a great idea.

Why not take a shit on the desk too while you're at it?

They'll admire your outside-the-box approach to the minutiae of quotidian human existence and promote you to CEO immediately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly sham View Post
it's about time they made this similar to the 7s and broth in a bowl, plate, shield to give teams more gams.
Old 26-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Banned

When i worked as a temp for Amazon (phone job), they sat all the newbies down and showed the usual propaganda video of what it's like to work there full of all happy joyful faces and also of the warehouse over in Wales. That came off like something out of Charlie and the Chocolate factory minus the chocolate.
Old 26-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Senior PROC Member

Won't have long more until it's done robotically... then they won't need to complain anymore other than being jobless

http://www.geekosystem.com/amazon-kiva-robots/

Damn good company (Kiva)

Really annoys me when people complain about their work... if you REALLY don't like it that much............... leave. (Hence the roll eyes)
Old 26-11-2013, 02:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkonian83 View Post
Won't have long more until it's done robotically... then they won't need to complain anymore other than being jobless

http://www.geekosystem.com/amazon-kiva-robots/

Damn good company (Kiva)

Really annoys me when people complain about their work... if you REALLY don't like it that much............... leave. (Hence the roll eyes)
I saw that in a doc. Scary stuff. Think Amazon paid around 500 million for Kiva. Robots don't complain, and will work 24/7 with no lunchbreaks for zero pay.
Old 26-11-2013, 03:14 AM

There is a large amazon warehouse where I live in the states and they are defending themslves against several class actions but they don't give a fuck. The brother in law works there and they have to line up to go through metal detectors to go in and out of the building(including lunch) and there are not nearly enough chairs in the break room so most people sit around on the floors. There will be a mass shooting in one of these warehouses, unfortunately. But as Balsaq says, you should be glad for any job.
Old 26-11-2013, 03:32 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundyfield View Post
There is a large amazon warehouse where I live in the states and they are defending themslves against several class actions but they don't give a fuck. The brother in law works there and they have to line up to go through metal detectors to go in and out of the building(including lunch) and there are not nearly enough chairs in the break room so most people sit around on the floors. There will be a mass shooting in one of these warehouses, unfortunately. But as Balsaq says, you should be glad for any job.
Imagine metal detectors in a place that sells expensive electronics

Whatever next.
Old 26-11-2013, 03:35 AM

It cuts fifteen minutes off of a thirty minute lunch, and then you may have to sit on the ground.