tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Training Run Times - Page 1519 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 30-05-2020, 08:57 PM

Bit all over the place with distances and times.. I started to get suspicious about the distances and times I was doing as my wife walks and the distances we were discussing were not tallying, and it is in my favour. I’ve re calibrated my watch twice now and I think it’s overshot in the opposite direction! Looking at the mapped route today it doesn’t do great where I change direction, cutting the corners. All in all I think I was being credited with about 10% I hadn’t done which shoots me back a bit. In truth I don’t mind much, I just want some accurate dataI can work with

Today’s run was 8.5km in sweltering heat in 46.10
Old 30-05-2020, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
Bit all over the place with distances and times.. I started to get suspicious about the distances and times I was doing as my wife walks and the distances we were discussing were not tallying, and it is in my favour. I’ve re calibrated my watch twice now and I think it’s overshot in the opposite direction! Looking at the mapped route today it doesn’t do great where I change direction, cutting the corners. All in all I think I was being credited with about 10% I hadn’t done which shoots me back a bit. In truth I don’t mind much, I just want some accurate dataI can work with

Today’s run was 8.5km in sweltering heat in 46.10
Did 8k tonight which included a torturous hill near ballintotis, will try to do that hill once a week,
Old 30-05-2020, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesider View Post
Also the sole of my right foot feels like I burnt it walking on hot sand......don't know how ye marathon runners do it!!
It's shear stupidity
Old 31-05-2020, 11:14 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboy View Post
How are you getting on Elwood?
Still tipping away.
Seeing as I didn’t have the pressure this year of helping to try and get the half marathon off the start line on time and in the right direction I went to TVP and did my usual 5k. Still haven’t managed it without walking a little but I was under 30 minutes so I’m getting there.
I’d say the St Johns crowd are happy the marathon isn’t on. The straight road would have been carnage.
Old 31-05-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood blues View Post
Still tipping away.
Seeing as I didn’t have the pressure this year of helping to try and get the half marathon off the start line on time and in the right direction I went to TVP and did my usual 5k. Still haven’t managed it without walking a little but I was under 30 minutes so I’m getting there.
I’d say the St Johns crowd are happy the marathon isn’t on. The straight road would have been carnage.
On the ball Elwood - great stuff.

Yeah, the straight road would have been some mayhem in hot weather and into a strong headwind. You can imagine the state of some lads turning onto it from Inchigaggin. If you were pacing you’d want to have one and a half or two minutes in the bank at that point. For the full you’d lose a fierce number between there and the Mardyke.

LOL at your comments about the start of the half - always a nervous setup. At least your Moses gig last year was very effective!
Old 31-05-2020, 02:48 PM

Meanwhile I’m still crocked -no running and out on the road bike instead. It’s just not the same - I did 100km this morning (Cork-Rathcormac-Tallow-Dungourney-Midleton-Cork) at around 29km/hr and the pulse only averaged 130 (160 max). No wonder you can’t lose weight by cycling.

Needling tomorrow night so fingers crossed 🤞
Old 31-05-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackpoolTerrier View Post
At least your Moses gig last year was very effective!
LOL .We should chip in and put up a statue!
Old 31-05-2020, 06:32 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboy View Post
LOL .We should chip in and put up a statue!
I just heard you were out yourself this morning at the Not Cork Half Marathon with young Ed.
I was tempted to go down and set up a start line when I heard about his plans last week but decided that it was too early in the morning for me.
Good to see the paramedics on stand by as well. 😃
Old 31-05-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood blues View Post
I just heard you were out yourself this morning at the Not Cork Half Marathon with young Ed.
I was tempted to go down and set up a start line when I heard about his plans last week but decided that it was too early in the morning for me.
Good to see the paramedics on stand by as well. 😃
It was a bit early for me as well. Fair few t-shirts from years gone by out there this morning. Paramedic was a nice touch 😂

Keep up the good work Elwood!