Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-03-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
4/7 soft ground on Tuesday. Pain in the hole.
I'm one thats not overly concerned. Cheltenham soft ground is a good deal better ground than say Leopardstown soft ground.
At the moment its good to soft and some rain forecast for Sunday. It dries very quick there. Most horses will be ok on the ground on Tuesday unless it absolutely hammers it down.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:21 PM
dan ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
Nah, I made it up
Well that made it an even more pointless post.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:24 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan ball View Post
Well that made it an even more pointless post.
Yip, spot on idiot.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:26 PM
dan ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by theporge View Post
I'm one thats not overly concerned. Cheltenham soft ground is a good deal better ground than say Leopardstown soft ground.
At the moment its good to soft and some rain forecast for Sunday. It dries very quick there. Most horses will be ok on the ground on Tuesday unless it absolutely hammers it down.
You're spot on. I also think that 4/7 will drift. Think it will end up soft good to soft in places. I was tempted by the 5/4 for good to soft ground on tuesday. Heavy ground is the main issue really in terms of re-routing or change of betting tactics. Native River could for instance come into the reckoning for the Friday when the ground may be at its softest.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:28 PM
dan ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
Yip, spot on idiot.
Why don't you stick to what you know which is posting stupid pics, gifs, talking about fellas being pwnd, and generally being a schoolyard pleb rather than cluttering up what is generally a good thread here.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:34 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Why don't you stick to what you know which is posting stupid pics, gifs, talking about fellas being pwnd, and generally being a schoolyard pleb rather than cluttering up what is generally a good thread here.
I am not dim-witted one that can't grasp the simple concept of sarcasm. Do you have velcro shoes as well?
Old 09-03-2018, 01:50 PM
dan ball

Anyways back to the racing, Russell is aboard Mick Jazz for the champ hurdle who could pick up a place, or an ew option without Beuver Dair. Also think Dadsintrouble and Lookmyway are good options in the Pertemps and Fred Winter respectively at big prices.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
You're spot on. I also think that 4/7 will drift. Think it will end up soft good to soft in places. I was tempted by the 5/4 for good to soft ground on tuesday. Heavy ground is the main issue really in terms of re-routing or change of betting tactics. Native River could for instance come into the reckoning for the Friday when the ground may be at its softest.
Yep, I may have to bring my shortlist to work instead of just getting on the night before, which I'd always do when the state of the ground is not subject to change.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
Yep, I may have to bring my shortlist to work instead of just getting on the night before, which I'd always do when the state of the ground is not subject to change.
I don't see it going to Heavy at all Cloudy.
It's intermittent rain on each day until Tuesday which is a fine day then back to showers intermittent again Wednesday Thursday and fine day again Friday. Given the amount of rainfall which is around 14mm expected It's probably the same amount they would water it if good to firm ground. I think we will see Good Good to Soft in places.
I was watching the Betfair preview and Ricci said that if Ruby picks Min they may not run Douvan in CC. Maybe Douvan could switch to Ryan Air (if entered)
With so many multiple entries in the Albert Bartlett I like Black Op in this. He is almost a cert to run in it and usually a horse with a bit of experience wins that race. 12/1 now but can see him half that when all the defections are declared.
What's peoples thoughts on Gold Cup.
I am leaning towards Might Bite but will wait on the ground.
Getabird drifting all the time. Now not even favourite for supreme.
Getting close now
Old 09-03-2018, 02:52 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Anyways back to the racing, Russell is aboard Mick Jazz for the champ hurdle who could pick up a place, or an ew option without Beuver Dair. Also think Dadsintrouble and Lookmyway are good options in the Pertemps and Fred Winter respectively at big prices.
I think the O Connell family are very happy with the forecast and it may well be worth lumping on Une De Seux.Looking at the tweets from the O Connells,they're thrilled.2/1 is a great price for a previous winner that has very low mileage for a ten year old(i think hes 10).I may dip my toes this evening 😉😉😉