Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 26-02-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finbarrog View Post
Good point Cloudy but Cheltenham is so well drained It's almost a certain to be good / good to soft at worse. I don't back Ante Post for the festival because things change rapidly with horse's how they travel over etc...
If ground gets heavy its actually better for the punters because 80-90 percent of horses (trainer's )will be expecting good ground .
There's a De Bromhead horses that hacked up on heavy recently on heavy ground will have to look but almost certain his name is CLASS ACT .Could be worth a punt if ground gets heavy.
I am going for Champion Hurdle day and still undecided whom to back
Edit
Horse is Chris's Dream not Class Act. Albert Bartlett on the Friday. He won by 64 lengths in Clonmel few weeks ago. Worth a look if ground soft/heavy
Me neither. You'll still get good prices the night before or morning of races.
Old 26-02-2018, 06:52 PM
dan ball

I only back ante post where it's pretty obvious that the race is going to cut up. Apart from that the bookies usually try to take each other on on the morning of the festival. There are loads of good offers for the average punter with extra places available and for a larger stake there generally shouldn't be much/any restriction.
Old 26-02-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan ball View Post
I only back ante post where it's pretty obvious that the race is going to cut up. Apart from that the bookies usually try to take each other on on the morning of the festival. There are loads of good offers for the average punter with extra places available and for a larger stake there generally shouldn't be much/any restriction.
Last year, the bookies got scanty with the each way terms with most only going a fifth. Have to keep an eye on that. It might be back to win and place betting on the exchanges for me.
Old 27-02-2018, 10:05 AM
dan ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
Last year, the bookies got scanty with the each way terms with most only going a fifth. Have to keep an eye on that. It might be back to win and place betting on the exchanges for me.
That's one thing that annoys me alright, bet365 are generally one of the better firms for going 1/4 rather than 1/5. And Coral will always offer a great number of places for the Coral Cup on the Wednesday.
Old 27-02-2018, 04:03 PM

Any review from Carrigaline last night?
Old 27-02-2018, 04:08 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan ball View Post
I remember the last ante post bet i had,it was about 15 years ago and i had 50 on a horse called Total Enjoyment who was running in Leopardstown over Christmas.He had won the bumper the previous year and all the reports were positive from Tom Coopers yard in Kerry.He ran a decent race and all was looking good in his preparations at home.However one morning over the news on radio,my world was shattered!"Reports are coming in that Total Enjoyment,a leading fancy for the Supreme Novices hurdle has been put down following an accident in which he broke away from the stables and got his leg caught in a cattle grill".That was the worse bet i never got a sweat for.So it was lesson learnt and i've never done ante post since.😔😔😔
Old 27-02-2018, 05:07 PM

Folks what do you think on CH. Faugheen if back to any where could he be tempting @ 6/1 . 4/7 fav seems crazy for a CH .
Old 27-02-2018, 05:23 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Folks what do you think on CH. Faugheen if back to any where could he be tempting @ 6/1 . 4/7 fav seems crazy for a CH .
I think if WPM is putting in Yorkhill,then hes not overly confident about Faugheen,if he was then Yorkhill would have been entered elsewhere.
Old 27-02-2018, 06:08 PM
dan ball

Quote:
Out of the whole 28 races, Beuveir Dair is probably the favourite i would least like to lay this year.

I would steer clear and look at the without market or someone at a huge price like Mick jazz/John Constable to pick up some pieces.
Old 27-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Senior PROC Member

While I'd love to see Faugheen win I am very doubtful. One good performance, one complete flop and one Meh! this season. Would be amazed. The opposition to Buveur looks skinny tbh.

The number of good horses that Willie has had trouble with these past two years is incredible.

No comment.