Wuhan Wheeze - Page 711 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 28-03-2020, 11:24 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue View Post
Hold on, every single time the government say anything they are doing is based on what the health experts are telling them, why would it have been any different 3 weeks ago?
Because if someone had said 3 weeks ago when there had been no deaths in Ireland and few if any positive, that we need to put Gardai on the streets stopping congregation, stop all but the most essential of work, and tell everyone stay in their homes for a fortnight, big business would have said there’s over-reaction!
Only a week ago the builders federation were saying “shur building is critical, we must be allowed to keep building”
Do you remember Harris cancelling the Italy match but saying that stopping the flight from Italy would have no effect?
Do you remember when the closing of pubs and restaurants and telling people not to travel was only advisory rather than an order? The financial implications would have been different.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:25 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpYaBoya View Post
Fixed that for you. Just off the phone to a Spanish friend and it's rampant there. She knows loads infected, lots of health care workers and she knows a few people that have died. She was crying all the way through the call but sure you know better.
Stop your bullshit. I saw loads of actors pretending to sleep on the floor in a Madrid hospital last night.

Only an idiot would think they’re real.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsrebel View Post
I live in satellite town (60,000 residents) 15 miles from the center of Madrid, I also work in another town (90,000 people) in a language school with 1500 students 12 miles from Madrid: where I live everybody knows everybody. FACT: Neither I nor my family, nor my in-laws, friends, neighbors, nor olleagues KNOWS anybody who has coronavirus. Zilch. Zero. Nada. I have NEVER EVER believed in "conspiracy theories' but there is something very strange about this coronavirus.
This is the type of fact-free anecdotal evidence that the world has been waiting for.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsrebel View Post
I live in satellite town (60,000 residents) 15 miles from the center of Madrid, I also work in another town (90,000 people) in a language school with 1500 students 12 miles from Madrid: where I live everybody knows everybody. FACT: Neither I nor my family, nor my in-laws, friends, neighbors, nor olleagues KNOWS anybody who has coronavirus. Zilch. Zero. Nada. I have NEVER EVER believed in "conspiracy theories' but there is something very strange about this coronavirus.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:28 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Because if someone had said 3 weeks ago when there had been no deaths in Ireland and few if any positive, that we need to put Gardai on the streets stopping congregation, stop all but the most essential of work, and tell everyone stay in their homes for a fortnight, big business would have said there’s over-reaction!
Only a week ago the builders federation were saying “shur building is critical, we must be allowed to keep building”
So 3 weeks ago big business were running the country? When did the health officials take over? 🙄🙄🙄
Old 28-03-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Usual "straw man" argument from Sound_y. If the apparently would have said it 3 weeks ago then why not right now?

I am sure that "big business" would want their staff/customers to remain healthy/alive and available for when this all passes so they can get back to normal trading circumstances and getting the economy out of deep freeze.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:32 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up For The Ba View Post
It’s been discussed on here a lot over the last few weeks, figures released daily aren’t an accurate reflection of where we are in the now. With a backlog of tests and results we are realistically getting figures from a range of anything from a week to two weeks ago at best. Virologists apply a multiple of 10 to released figures as a more accurate state of play. That might be viewed upon as an inaccuracy in itself but it’s probably a lot closer to the truth than what we see on the news daily. Deaths and ICU cases of course are a different story.
Precisely.

There are further reports of deaths that have occurred and tests are still being processed as to whether they were covid-19 positive.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:33 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue View Post
So 3 weeks ago big business were running the country? When did the health officials take over?
You’re not very bright are you?
I didn’t say they were calling the shots, I said they were gaving an influence on the decisions being made.

Do you think it made sense from a health point of view that construction industry was allowed carry on? Who made those decisions only a few days back despite our being told isolation of 2+m being critical to slow this down? Think about it
Old 28-03-2020, 11:34 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Yes, but those delayed test figures do get fed into the daily update as we go on and increase testing.

The daily reported figures and attendant stats are the only way of tracking the case trajectory
No shit.

You were asked repeatedly if you thought the numbers were accurate. Theyre not and you won't admit this.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:40 AM

Heard that lackey Tom Parlon only last Wednesday telling us that builders were maintaining strict conditions and that building was essential bla bla bla when every bit of evidence pointed to the contrary. Fuckin Judas.