tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Cork Hurlers - Part 2 - Page 3504 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 23-07-2019, 09:05 AM

we will be playing in black and amber if penman had his way.
Old 25-07-2019, 12:45 PM

Wonderful weekend of hurling coming up,
so looking forward to it.
4 proper deserved hurling teams in contention. Rude heaith indeed.
No more FLAKY i dare suggest.
Old 25-07-2019, 12:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier gold View Post
Wonderful weekend of hurling coming up,
so looking forward to it.
4 proper deserved hurling teams in contention. Rude heaith indeed.
No more FLAKY i dare suggest.
What were trying to type? What is a deserved hurling team?
Old 25-07-2019, 12:50 PM

Isn't that daly a cheeky monkey,
whatever does he mean?...sunburn perchance?
Old 25-07-2019, 01:11 PM
dan ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier gold View Post
Isn't that daly a cheeky monkey,
whatever does he mean?...sunburn perchance?
Your stock in terms of hurling knowledge is zilch ever since you called a match wrong by 20 points.

Disappointing really because, although they are rare, i usually enjoy reading contributions from posters from other counties.
Old 25-07-2019, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan ball View Post
Your stock in terms of hurling knowledge is zilch ever since you called a match wrong by 20 points.

Disappointing really because, although they are rare, i usually enjoy reading contributions from posters from other counties.
I am more concerned about his ability to conjugate a sentence. Fair dues to you for grasping his meaning.
Old 26-07-2019, 11:42 PM
PROC Member

Still sickened our meek surrender to the Cats 2 weeks ago.

Whatever happens with the U20s over the coming weeks there badly needs to be a serious reflection from all stakeholders involved at all aspects of Cork hurling over the autumn. The last 2 years have been extremely disappointing, We turned a corner in 2017 and there is no doubt that we are in an infinitely better position now then when we were between 2009 and 2016. 2013 and the Munster final win in 2014 were bright sparks in a horrendous 7 or 8 years but to call a spade a spade their was probably an element of luck involved in them. I am firmly convinced we now have the playing talent in Cork to challenge for the All Ireland at every age group including senior but we are completely under achieving. A lot of the time we are shooting ourselves in the foot, Their is an element of physiological softness in some Cork players and our management teams at all levels minor, U20 and senior are inept.

The minor teams over the past 2 years have been an utter disaster, 2018 was as good as sacrificed to build for this year, that tactic failed spectacularly. I understand last years crop weren't exactly the strongest but by throwing in so many 16 year olds they were effectively told they weren't good enough as a group. This year we had a very strong minor team, I would go as far as to say possibly All Ireland contenders, Instead we can't even get out of Munster, and now watch as KK, Galway, Limerick all further their development. Heads should roll for that lads.

The U20 we may still win, We have a seriously talented bunch but I hold out little hope for them because Tipp, KK, and Wexford all have cuter management teams in place. If Denis Ring couldn't get last years u21s the All Ireland despite them clearly being the most superior team in the country then he has little hope this year when another team if not 2 other teams are equally as talented. His head should have rolled a long long time ago.

Senior was a complete shambles. The inconsistency all year in both league and championship was a blot on both the management and the players copy books. Twice this year we went into the home of the All Ireland champions and twice we blew them way. Every other game was tame and heartless stuff. Our disregard for the league does us no favours, form isn't like a tap. You don't turn it on and off and this lackadaisical attitude towards the league is accepted in Cork and often seeps its way into the mindset of some of our players even during championship. As alluded to here by guys like Finbarrog for what seems like ages, our tactics our wrong. But we also stack our teams with beautiful wristy hurlers at the expense of workhorses. Some guys on our senior panel are fantastic hurlers but are mentally fragile and as a result don't deserve to play for Cork. Some guys are just too small (not height wise but bulk wise) as a result they shouldn't be playing for Cork. Basically im saying some members of the Cork panel are perceived by guys from other counties as being soft and its hard to argue against it.
Do Cork have better hurlers available to them then KK? Yes
Do Cork have a better workrate then KK? No
Do Cork have physically stronger players then KK? No
Do Cork have have a better management then KK? No
Are Cork better then KK? No

I guarantee you if KK had the talent available that we currently have they would have won last years all Ireland and would be favourites for this years title.

When you watch the Sunday game, you hear guys like Donal Og, Liam Sheedy, Eddie Brennan, Derek McGrath. Even listen to the guest players like Tony Kelly or Neil McManus that have appeared in recent months, These are highly articulated men, clearly deep thinkers about the game, compare them to the interview you saw John Mortell give the other night or any interview Denis Ring has given or to a lesser extent John Meyler. Theres no comparison. Id like to see the class of 1999 to 2006 given reign over all Cork teams in the autumn. Id like to see Fraggy with the minors, Ben O Connor with the U20s and a complete shock to the system in the senior set up, Despite not being his biggest fan I think Donal Og should be given the senior job. I know lads give out about his time in Clare but honestly I think Clare are overrated and he got what he could out of them. I think Diarmuid O Sullivan and Tom Kenny would be good people in the dressing room with him.
Old 26-07-2019, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir The Bear View Post
Still sickened our meek surrender to the Cats 2 weeks ago.

Whatever happens with the U20s over the coming weeks there badly needs to be a serious reflection from all stakeholders involved at all aspects of Cork hurling over the autumn. The last 2 years have been extremely disappointing, We turned a corner in 2017 and there is no doubt that we are in an infinitely better position now then when we were between 2009 and 2016. 2013 and the Munster final win in 2014 were bright sparks in a horrendous 7 or 8 years but to call a spade a spade their was probably an element of luck involved in them. I am firmly convinced we now have the playing talent in Cork to challenge for the All Ireland at every age group including senior but we are completely under achieving. A lot of the time we are shooting ourselves in the foot, Their is an element of physiological softness in some Cork players and our management teams at all levels minor, U20 and senior are inept.

The minor teams over the past 2 years have been an utter disaster, 2018 was as good as sacrificed to build for this year, that tactic failed spectacularly. I understand last years crop weren't exactly the strongest but by throwing in so many 16 year olds they were effectively told they weren't good enough as a group. This year we had a very strong minor team, I would go as far as to say possibly All Ireland contenders, Instead we can't even get out of Munster, and now watch as KK, Galway, Limerick all further their development. Heads should roll for that lads.

The U20 we may still win, We have a seriously talented bunch but I hold out little hope for them because Tipp, KK, and Wexford all have cuter management teams in place. If Denis Ring couldn't get last years u21s the All Ireland despite them clearly being the most superior team in the country then he has little hope this year when another team if not 2 other teams are equally as talented. His head should have rolled a long long time ago.

Senior was a complete shambles. The inconsistency all year in both league and championship was a blot on both the management and the players copy books. Twice this year we went into the home of the All Ireland champions and twice we blew them way. Every other game was tame and heartless stuff. Our disregard for the league does us no favours, form isn't like a tap. You don't turn it on and off and this lackadaisical attitude towards the league is accepted in Cork and often seeps its way into the mindset of some of our players even during championship. As alluded to here by guys like Finbarrog for what seems like ages, our tactics our wrong. But we also stack our teams with beautiful wristy hurlers at the expense of workhorses. Some guys on our senior panel are fantastic hurlers but are mentally fragile and as a result don't deserve to play for Cork. Some guys are just too small (not height wise but bulk wise) as a result they shouldn't be playing for Cork. Basically im saying some members of the Cork panel are perceived by guys from other counties as being soft and its hard to argue against it.
Do Cork have better hurlers available to them then KK? Yes
Do Cork have a better workrate then KK? No
Do Cork have physically stronger players then KK? No
Do Cork have have a better management then KK? No
Are Cork better then KK? No

I guarantee you if KK had the talent available that we currently have they would have won last years all Ireland and would be favourites for this years title.

When you watch the Sunday game, you hear guys like Donal Og, Liam Sheedy, Eddie Brennan, Derek McGrath. Even listen to the guest players like Tony Kelly or Neil McManus that have appeared in recent months, These are highly articulated men, clearly deep thinkers about the game, compare them to the interview you saw John Mortell give the other night or any interview Denis Ring has given or to a lesser extent John Meyler. Theres no comparison. Id like to see the class of 1999 to 2006 given reign over all Cork teams in the autumn. Id like to see Fraggy with the minors, Ben O Connor with the U20s and a complete shock to the system in the senior set up, Despite not being his biggest fan I think Donal Og should be given the senior job. I know lads give out about his time in Clare but honestly I think Clare are overrated and he got what he could out of them. I think Diarmuid O Sullivan and Tom Kenny would be good people in the dressing room with him.
Great post vlad.As per.
Old 27-07-2019, 02:59 AM

Clare Duggan conlon
Limerick morrissey hayes hegarty
Tipperary Bonner maher McCormack
Wexford chin McDonald
Galway glynn cooney
Kilkenny Reid Walsh Fennelly
Dublin rushe Keaney
Waterford?
Cork?

It's easy talk about systems but if you cant just hit a clearance anywhere you need to run the ball
Old 27-07-2019, 08:23 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiceasnice97 View Post
Clare Duggan conlon
Limerick morrissey hayes hegarty
Tipperary Bonner maher McCormack
Wexford chin McDonald
Galway glynn cooney
Kilkenny Reid Walsh Fennelly
Dublin rushe Keaney
Waterford?
Cork?

It's easy talk about systems but if you cant just hit a clearance anywhere you need to run the ball
We don't play our system because we don't have ball winners, we clearly do, the problem is we don't pick ball winners because they don't suit the system we play, that's the bottom line

Last edited by red&blue; 27-07-2019 at 09:11 AM..