tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Death of a leader - Page 47 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #461  
Old 18-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Stacky Stacky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 34,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
No. I am pointing out the ludicrousness of you calling others on knowing nothing about economics.

Now, try again stacky.

BTW, which posters on here want state controlled everything? I'm a capitalist. There, I said it. But, I'm just one who thinks certain functions in society should not be left to the market, at least not solely. Housing, health and education being the big 3.

I no more believe in full blown Socialism than you do. But that's not to say every idea in it is bad, just because it originated on 'the left'.
The state cannot build houses KD.

The state could only do in from 1930 - 1950 as it did not have the huge costs of health and social welfare.

All they can do is provide funding and grease the wheels of industry via tax,planning and infrastructure to ensure that the conditions prevail so that housing can be built where there is huge social demand and not be screwed by vested interests. Right now the state is the biggest impediment to house building via vat and tax.
__________________
"Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 18-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Donald Trump Donald Trump is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: The White House
Posts: 16,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
The state cannot build houses KD.

The state could only do in from 1930 - 1950 as it did not have the huge costs of health and social welfare.

All they can do is provide funding and grease the wheels of industry via tax,planning and infrastructure to ensure that the conditions prevail so that housing can be built where there is huge social demand and not be screwed by vested interests. Right now the state is the biggest impediment to house building via vat and tax.
Jesus Christ. Leave the market sort it all out.


That would never EVER cause any problems
Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old 18-04-2017, 08:54 AM
Stacky Stacky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 34,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
Jesus Christ. Leave the market sort it all out.


That would never EVER cause any problems
Stop being so bloody hysterical all the time KD.



Take a few deep breaths and have a good think for a bit.



There is currently a huge Government initiative being carried out here right now so give it a chance as there is no quick fix when it comes to huge long term infrastructural problems like housing so posting simplistic slogans like "leave the market sort it out" are just usmeaningless in the real world where things are not a black and white but more nuanced.
__________________
"Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 18-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Donald Trump Donald Trump is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: The White House
Posts: 16,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Stop being so bloody hysterical all the time KD.



Take a few deep breaths and have a good think for a bit.



There is currently a huge Government initiative being carried out here right now so give it a chance as there is no quick fix when it comes to huge long term infrastructural problems like housing so posting simplistic slogans like "leave the market sort it out" are just usmeaningless in the real world where things are not a black and white but more nuanced.
And stacky goes into avoidance mode.

Do you pray five times a day to the altar of the free market? Just wondering
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 18-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Stacky Stacky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 34,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
And stacky goes into avoidance mode.

Do you pray five times a day to the altar of the free market? Just wondering
Yes.



Only €450.00 a pop upstairs in B.T's.
__________________
"Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old 18-04-2017, 12:57 PM
TopicGrinder TopicGrinder is offline
Banned
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 19,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
But that's not to say every idea in it is bad, just because it originated on 'the left'.
In general or the lefties in Ireland?
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 19-04-2017, 03:40 PM
Stacky Stacky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 34,786
Default

Venezuela is swapping its gold reserves off fo cash to avoid a default.


They are clueless as crackpot Socialists destroy the country
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 19-04-2017, 10:32 PM
Duffs Duffs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 14,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Venezuela is swapping its gold reserves off fo cash to avoid a default.


They are clueless as crackpot Socialists destroy the country
tick tock
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 19-04-2017, 11:48 PM
Happyhonkaman Happyhonkaman is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Venezuela is swapping its gold reserves off fo cash to avoid a default.


They are clueless as crackpot Socialists destroy the country
a block of gold wouldn't buy you a roll of jax paper there now

according to MuntY its everyone else's fault
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old 20-04-2017, 02:25 AM
ho chi feen ho chi feen is offline
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vigo, Spain
Posts: 27,214
Default

Nothing about the average Venezuelan losing 8+kg in weight this last year due to food shortages?

No?

No?

No...?

Okay then.
__________________
My TWITTER.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 08:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.