tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Gaelic Football Thread - Page 1917 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #19161  
Old 23-07-2019, 05:21 PM
TheEarlofPearl TheEarlofPearl is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 12,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
That's a load of bollocks. Nicholas Murphy played the rest of the first half concussed.

Kenneally should have been shown a straight red. It was premeditated and that tramp was stupid enough to put it in print. Hes lucky that Murphy isn't vindictive as he could have taken him to the cleaners.
Shut up ya fool.
Reply With Quote
  #19162  
Old 23-07-2019, 05:29 PM
TonyCork80 TonyCork80 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 15,865
Default

In fairness, Murphy played a peach of a ball into O’Neill minutes after the hit. Kennelly should definitely have gotten a red. The Cork players were right not to have a brawl because then they make it easy for Duffy to send off kennelly and the first Corkman in.

Would Cork have won 15v14 or 14v14? I don’t know. I’m not sure they had the desire and composure on the day to win an all-Ireland. And to my mind the way Duffy refereed the Cooper v Lynch and Griffin v O’Neill matchups had far more to do with the result than the Kennelly decision.

But everything on its own merits it was one of several appalling decisions not to send Kennelly off.
Reply With Quote
  #19163  
Old 23-07-2019, 05:43 PM
One One is offline
Banned
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 17,543
Default

It was a red all day long. Duffy bottled it.

Ten years later it still rankles.
Reply With Quote
  #19164  
Old 23-07-2019, 06:13 PM
intothewest intothewest is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queueing outside KC's.
Posts: 2,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
That's a load of bollocks. Nicholas Murphy played the rest of the first half concussed.

Kenneally should have been shown a straight red. It was premeditated and that tramp was stupid enough to put it in print. Hes lucky that Murphy isn't vindictive as he could have taken him to the cleaners.
Murphy was fine after it.

I can't disagree with the rest of what you said. Tadhg should have been hammered ON THE FIELD..Which to say he wasn't by a Conor Counihan managed team is still shocking 10 years later.
Reply With Quote
  #19165  
Old 23-07-2019, 07:08 PM
One One is offline
Banned
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 17,543
Default

Duffy was a prick of a ref. Any attempt to take Tadghy out would have been met with a red. Guaranteed.

They identified Murphy as the critical player in Cork's run that year and decided to clobber him.

The ref bottled it. Thankfully we came back stronger the following year.
Reply With Quote
  #19166  
Old 23-07-2019, 08:00 PM
greengrass greengrass is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCork80 View Post
In fairness, Murphy played a peach of a ball into O’Neill minutes after the hit. Kennelly should definitely have gotten a red. The Cork players were right not to have a brawl because then they make it easy for Duffy to send off kennelly and the first Corkman in.

Would Cork have won 15v14 or 14v14? I don’t know. I’m not sure they had the desire and composure on the day to win an all-Ireland. And to my mind the way Duffy refereed the Cooper v Lynch and Griffin v O’Neill matchups had far more to do with the result than the Kennelly decision.

But everything on its own merits it was one of several appalling decisions not to send Kennelly off.
Agreed on Griffin and O'Neill. He rode him all day and Duffy turned a blind eye.
Reply With Quote
  #19167  
Old 23-07-2019, 09:37 PM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
It was a red all day long. Duffy bottled it.

Ten years later it still rankles.
Kerry calculated that duffy would never produce a red card in the first minute in case he would be accused of ruining the game by the media..
Reply With Quote
  #19168  
Old 23-07-2019, 10:06 PM
shez1987 shez1987 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Kerry calculated that duffy would never produce a red card in the first minute in case he would be accused of ruining the game by the media..
I think I read somewhere that Kennelly planned it all out himself the night before. Which kind of makes sense as it is the kind of dick move you associate with the machismo Australian sporting 'culture' he came from.

Kennelly is a cunt. I'm not even sure they like him much in Kerry.

Kerry were the better team that day, and deserved their victory. Too many of the Cork forwards never showed up on the day. 1-09 won't win too many games. We had no one to handle Tommy Walsh. Kerry had the stronger bench, able to bring on Donncha Walsh, Donaghy and Quirke to close out the game.

Thankfully we didn't feel sorry for ourselves over any perceived injustices on the day. We recognised the areas we had to improve on and won the All Ireland ourselves a year later.
Reply With Quote
  #19169  
Old 23-07-2019, 10:08 PM
One One is offline
Banned
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 17,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post
I think I read somewhere that Kennelly planned it all out himself the night before. Which kind of makes sense as it is the kind of dick move you associate with the machismo Australian sporting 'culture' he came from.

Kennelly is a cunt. I'm not even sure they like him much in Kerry.

Kerry were the better team that day, and deserved their victory. Too many of the Cork forwards never showed up on the day. 1-09 won't win too many games. We had no one to handle Tommy Walsh. Kerry had the stronger bench, able to bring on Donncha Walsh, Donaghy and Quirke to close out the game.

Thankfully we didn't feel sorry for ourselves over any perceived injustices on the day. We recognised the areas we had to improve on and won the All Ireland ourselves a year later.
That's all fair enough.
Reply With Quote
  #19170  
Old 25-07-2019, 02:30 PM
Dubbed Dubbed is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCork80 View Post
I think that sort of performative Mayoness shit is starting to sicken people at this stage. I’d wager decent money your one hasn’t been at mass, church nor meeting for 10 years. All for the going viral and the likes on joeballs42.ie

From all I’ve seen this year Donegal would bring far more to the closing stage of the championship than this crap we’ve all heard a million times before.
Mayo could beat Donegal but reality is neither will come within 6 points of Dublin. At this stage I'd be thinking Kerry are best of the rest but our forwards against their backs will be knife through butter every time. Roll on 5 in a row. Yis guys did ok against us. our toughest match to date. The bold Tyrone in Omagh will be a challenge but extremely winnable and I honestly think we will win every game by 6 points plus here on in.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.