tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Gaelic Football Thread - Page 1917 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 23-07-2019, 05:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
That's a load of bollocks. Nicholas Murphy played the rest of the first half concussed.

Kenneally should have been shown a straight red. It was premeditated and that tramp was stupid enough to put it in print. Hes lucky that Murphy isn't vindictive as he could have taken him to the cleaners.
Shut up ya fool.
Old 23-07-2019, 05:29 PM

In fairness, Murphy played a peach of a ball into O’Neill minutes after the hit. Kennelly should definitely have gotten a red. The Cork players were right not to have a brawl because then they make it easy for Duffy to send off kennelly and the first Corkman in.

Would Cork have won 15v14 or 14v14? I don’t know. I’m not sure they had the desire and composure on the day to win an all-Ireland. And to my mind the way Duffy refereed the Cooper v Lynch and Griffin v O’Neill matchups had far more to do with the result than the Kennelly decision.

But everything on its own merits it was one of several appalling decisions not to send Kennelly off.
Old 23-07-2019, 05:43 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

It was a red all day long. Duffy bottled it.

Ten years later it still rankles.
Old 23-07-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
That's a load of bollocks. Nicholas Murphy played the rest of the first half concussed.

Kenneally should have been shown a straight red. It was premeditated and that tramp was stupid enough to put it in print. Hes lucky that Murphy isn't vindictive as he could have taken him to the cleaners.
Murphy was fine after it.

I can't disagree with the rest of what you said. Tadhg should have been hammered ON THE FIELD..Which to say he wasn't by a Conor Counihan managed team is still shocking 10 years later.
Old 23-07-2019, 07:08 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Duffy was a prick of a ref. Any attempt to take Tadghy out would have been met with a red. Guaranteed.

They identified Murphy as the critical player in Cork's run that year and decided to clobber him.

The ref bottled it. Thankfully we came back stronger the following year.
Old 23-07-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCork80 View Post
In fairness, Murphy played a peach of a ball into O’Neill minutes after the hit. Kennelly should definitely have gotten a red. The Cork players were right not to have a brawl because then they make it easy for Duffy to send off kennelly and the first Corkman in.

Would Cork have won 15v14 or 14v14? I don’t know. I’m not sure they had the desire and composure on the day to win an all-Ireland. And to my mind the way Duffy refereed the Cooper v Lynch and Griffin v O’Neill matchups had far more to do with the result than the Kennelly decision.

But everything on its own merits it was one of several appalling decisions not to send Kennelly off.
Agreed on Griffin and O'Neill. He rode him all day and Duffy turned a blind eye.
Old 23-07-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
It was a red all day long. Duffy bottled it.

Ten years later it still rankles.
Kerry calculated that duffy would never produce a red card in the first minute in case he would be accused of ruining the game by the media..
Old 23-07-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Kerry calculated that duffy would never produce a red card in the first minute in case he would be accused of ruining the game by the media..
I think I read somewhere that Kennelly planned it all out himself the night before. Which kind of makes sense as it is the kind of dick move you associate with the machismo Australian sporting 'culture' he came from.

Kennelly is a cunt. I'm not even sure they like him much in Kerry.

Kerry were the better team that day, and deserved their victory. Too many of the Cork forwards never showed up on the day. 1-09 won't win too many games. We had no one to handle Tommy Walsh. Kerry had the stronger bench, able to bring on Donncha Walsh, Donaghy and Quirke to close out the game.

Thankfully we didn't feel sorry for ourselves over any perceived injustices on the day. We recognised the areas we had to improve on and won the All Ireland ourselves a year later.
Old 23-07-2019, 10:08 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post
I think I read somewhere that Kennelly planned it all out himself the night before. Which kind of makes sense as it is the kind of dick move you associate with the machismo Australian sporting 'culture' he came from.

Kennelly is a cunt. I'm not even sure they like him much in Kerry.

Kerry were the better team that day, and deserved their victory. Too many of the Cork forwards never showed up on the day. 1-09 won't win too many games. We had no one to handle Tommy Walsh. Kerry had the stronger bench, able to bring on Donncha Walsh, Donaghy and Quirke to close out the game.

Thankfully we didn't feel sorry for ourselves over any perceived injustices on the day. We recognised the areas we had to improve on and won the All Ireland ourselves a year later.
That's all fair enough.
Old 25-07-2019, 02:30 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCork80 View Post
I think that sort of performative Mayoness shit is starting to sicken people at this stage. I’d wager decent money your one hasn’t been at mass, church nor meeting for 10 years. All for the going viral and the likes on joeballs42.ie

From all I’ve seen this year Donegal would bring far more to the closing stage of the championship than this crap we’ve all heard a million times before.
Mayo could beat Donegal but reality is neither will come within 6 points of Dublin. At this stage I'd be thinking Kerry are best of the rest but our forwards against their backs will be knife through butter every time. Roll on 5 in a row. Yis guys did ok against us. our toughest match to date. The bold Tyrone in Omagh will be a challenge but extremely winnable and I honestly think we will win every game by 6 points plus here on in.