tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Electric Picnic 06 - Page 35 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 05-09-2006, 01:32 PM

ya,not sure why saul williams didnt play big tree,he was great in the crawdaddy though

other highlights for me were Bloc Party, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Belle and Sebastian,didnt see any real bad performances.

apparently Sparks were amazing!!according to more or less everyone who went to see them
Old 05-09-2006, 01:42 PM
PROC Member

spark were top notch
Old 05-09-2006, 03:22 PM

anyone have any idea what happened to tom vek? no sign of him anywhere and i never heard an announcement that he wasn't playin.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:58 PM

Class: The Super Furry Animals - they stole the show IMO. Saw them on the main stage and later on at their 'Acoustic Bingo' yoke in the Foggy Notions Tent. Absolutely class both times.
The YYYs - Karen O does indeed rock.
New Order - Unfortunately I only caught a couple of songs, 'cos I wanted to see the Furries. What I heard was class though.

Good: Massive Attack - Kinda blew hot and cold I thought, but when they were hot they were class.
Rufus wainwright - Saw him supporting Brian Wilson last year and thought he was class. He didn't bring his band with him this time and I didn't think he was as good. Still good though.
Saul Williams: Only caught 'List of Demands' and a few others, but he sounded great.
Mogwai: Sounded like they turned their amps up to eleven.
Gary Numan: Heavier than expected. Good show though. Especially 'Cars' and 'Are Friends Electric'.
Antony and The Johnsons: Not one to get the crowd rocking, but cool nonetheless.
Belle and Sebastien: They were good, like but I thought they'd be better. Couldn't help feeling I should have gone to Bloc Party instead.
DJ Shadow

Only alright:Broken Social Scene - They were pretty good like, but they're no Arcade Fire IMO.
PJ Harvey
Gang of Four - Dare I say they're a slightly over-rated band. The destruction of the microwave was amusing enough though.

Shite: The Frames and Damien Rice - Didn't go see either of them obviously, but you just know they were shit, like.
The wasps (almost as annoying as a Damien Rice song)
The increased numbers. It felt a lot more cramped compared to last year.
Watching Cork lose in the cinema tent.

All in all I had a class time, but I can't help but feel that the line-up was ever-so-slightly stronger last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksongs
did anyone call into the Leviathan tent, where dave mcwilliams was hosting a debate?

i saw the one with niall stokes from hot press, biggest pile of dublin scene heads talking wank about wankers i've heard in a long time
I just popped my head in for a sec as I was walking past.
Just some dreadlocked crusty spouting the usual shite about the evils of the Bush administration and us allowing the US army to use Shannon. In fact, I'm sure I recognised him from somewhere - I think he might have been one of the crowd who did a hatchet job on that US plane in Shannon. There was about 3 people listening to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man100
anyone have any idea what happened to tom vek? no sign of him anywhere and i never heard an announcement that he wasn't playin.
I was wondering the same. He wasn't even on the timetables (even though Gnarls Barkley was). He just seemed to disappear.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:19 PM

Oh yeah also shite were: The clashes. I missed a lot of New Order and all of Graham Coxon and The pet Shop Boys because of them.

Willow not going. I only just saw that you didn't go. Sorry, Willow.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:07 AM

In N.O. particular order...

N.O. - Unreal
Coldcut - Mayzin like
Shadow - cool
Melle Mel & Furious Five - Fantastically Funkily Good for One's Soul (especially on a sunday afternoon after a hefty coupla daze)
Saul Williams - thrashin & stompin poetic rockin (yawl)
Bassment Jaxx - Where is your head at indeed
YYY's - room for one more couple in the inflatable church there father ? Her now, and.....
PJ Harvey, - and me like, all go back to their changing rooms for .... sorry got distracted, both rocked like the fuckin rockin rock lady legends that they are, her former there also backed by a few lads, dont mind them, they rocked like and hats off but not nearly as well as Polly, my did she rock, on her tod like, fair fux

Vibe - great. excellent. what a weekend. body fooked but soul repaired for a little while.

for now, i shall sleep
Old 06-09-2006, 07:39 AM

For me Modeselektor stole the show, they were incredible

Dancepig, The Egg, Andy Wetherall, The Bot Heads, Coldcut and Hot Chip were also great
Old 06-09-2006, 01:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLvzdEdECng&NR

Garda giving it loads at EP
Old 06-09-2006, 01:54 PM

best weekend ever. waiting on my photos to be developed to see what i was actually at, but from whats left working of my brain weatherhall, dancepig, corrugated tunnel and chymera, FGD, carl craig, garnier, 2manydjs, soulwax, shadow and coldcut were all fuckin MAD!

10 months and counting now to the garden party!
Old 06-09-2006, 02:00 PM
PROC Member

coldcut were savage
was it just me or was TImber way different?