tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Official focking rogby world cop throd 2015 - Page 6 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 11-08-2015, 06:37 AM
Christy Bling Christy Bling is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 793
Default

They did win most of their medals at sports like rowing, sailing and kayaking but I will give them credit they do punch above their weight in the olympics
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Lee Bushwacker Lee Bushwacker is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ireland and Europe
Posts: 26,100
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCork80 View Post
I was at a wedding a few weeks ago. There was this girl there from the south west of the country who has been working in Dublin for a few years now and had this weird obsession over the Munster Leinster thing with the bride and groom even though neither of them have ever been in a rugby stadium in their lives.

At one point the string quartet starting playing the planets by Holst.

"I love this. It's the anthem for the rugby World Cup. They play it before all the matches. I love it."

"It's the planet suite by Holst."

"no no, it's called World in Union. It was specially commissioned for the first rugby World Cup"

"I'm sure they may well use a version of it but I'm equally sure Holst composed it and he was deep in the cold, cold ground long before the first rugby World Cup"

"No, look it up on google or something" (I could see the tiny cow and chicken that work the controls behind her eyes holding up placards with the words Cork and Cunt on them)

Dig in the ribs from Mrs TC80

It's all part of the magic of RWC

Great story Tony.
Some Rugy "tarts" are an awful pain. They think that Brian O'Driscoll invented the centre position.
__________________
ABUs are a sandwich short of a picnic!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Jim Comic Jim Comic is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Cork
Posts: 36,274
Default

weird...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...in-France.html
__________________
Cork..... statio bene fida hipsters



---------------------------------------
CMJ Print
https://www.facebook.com/Choc-A-Bloc...7028939951391/
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Red Baron Red Baron is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Back with the peeps..
Posts: 23,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundyfield View Post
K******atti junta is what your little group is formally known
Psychological vice like grip here.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-08-2015, 03:46 PM
nelly sham nelly sham is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,451
Default

Some of the black players in the South African team have taken a case to a trade union about lack of playing time during Tests!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 30-08-2015, 12:21 PM
Lapsy Pa Lapsy Pa is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 25,372
Default

Israel Dagg left out of the New Zealand squad. Unbelievable

17 players who didn't play 4 years ago
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 30-08-2015, 01:39 PM
antipop antipop is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapsy Pa View Post
Israel Dagg left out of the New Zealand squad. Unbelievable

17 players who didn't play 4 years ago
http://www.the42.ie/warren-gatland-i...00433-Aug2015/

Warren in his usual slightly bitter/tell it like it is self with Ireland. He is dead right you know.

Nearly everyone can play hoofy bally and do it pretty well once they focus and apply that strategy. Warren is smart enough to know that they could have played the same kicking game like they did against Ireland in the 6N countless of times but it would have helped them only so much in the bigger scheme things of the world cup.

If Irelands world cup is a disapointment the old narrative of irish teams failing to preform on the big stage will brought up as usual but in truth the flaws of this team have been under our nose the whole time.

It happened in 2011 , Ireland weren't playing well. They did a tactical and set piece job on Australia and suddenly people thought beating Wales would be handy. Warren exposed them big time.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 30-08-2015, 01:46 PM
nelly sham nelly sham is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
http://www.the42.ie/warren-gatland-i...00433-Aug2015/

Warren in his usual slightly bitter/tell it like it is self with Ireland. He is dead right you know.

Nearly everyone can play hoofy bally and do it pretty well once they focus and apply that strategy. Warren is smart enough to know that they could have played the same kicking game like they did against Ireland in the 6N countless of times but it would have helped them only so much in the bigger scheme things of the world cup.

If Irelands world cup is a disapointment the old narrative of irish teams failing to preform on the big stage will brought up as usual but in truth the flaws of this team have been under our nose the whole time.

It happened in 2011 , Ireland weren't playing well. They did a tactical and set piece job on Australia and suddenly people thought beating Wales would be handy. Warren exposed them big time.
Gatland is on a WUM, Wales are liable, play that exact game plan themselves.
Schmidt hasn't revealed his hand yet, all the set plays were straight from the 6N tactic book.


No Piutau for NZ also, he's not allowed stay in NZ and play for Auckland so Ulster might be faced with seeing him play for someone unless until it's time to join them, wasps are in line to pick him.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 30-08-2015, 02:00 PM
antipop antipop is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly sham View Post
Gatland is on a WUM, Wales are liable, play that exact game plan themselves.
Schmidt hasn't revealed his hand yet, all the set plays were straight from the 6N tactic book.


No Piutau for NZ also, he's not allowed stay in NZ and play for Auckland so Ulster might be faced with seeing him play for someone unless until it's time to join them, wasps are in line to pick him.

Every team is hiding stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 30-08-2015, 02:03 PM
antipop antipop is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapsy Pa View Post
Israel Dagg left out of the New Zealand squad. Unbelievable

17 players who didn't play 4 years ago
http://www.the42.ie/warren-gatland-i...00433-Aug2015/

Warren in his usual slightly bitter/tell it like it is self with Ireland. He is dead right you know.

Nearly everyone can play hoofy bally and do it pretty well once they focus and apply that strategy. Warren is smart enough to know that they could have played the same kicking game like they did against Ireland in the 6N countless of times but it would have only helped them in the bigger scheme things of the world cup.

If Irelands world cup is a disapointment the old narrative of irish teams failing to preform on the big stage will brought up as usual but in truth the flaws of this team have been under our nose the whole time.

It happened in 2011 , Ireland weren't playing well. They did a tactical and set piece job on Australia and suddenly people thought beating Wales would be handy. Warren exposed them big time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Live Music

Woah! Mama!

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼







All times are GMT. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.