Password

Old 08-09-2018, 01:15 PM
Senior PROC Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
Is it that bad?
Embarrassingly so.

In the first few minutes, there were signs that this was a low budget movie. Tacky backdrops, awful wardrobe, the redcoats looked like they were made in China for Halloween. But I held out hope until the singing began, then it turned into a Rambo revenge type movie. There were a few interesting killings and a bit of humour, hence the 3 out of 10.

I was expecting a proper production, how wrong I was.

It actually made me angry, a missed opportunity, it more or less trivialised that era in our history.

I would urge people not to go to the cinema to view this farse, watch online for free and make your own judgment on this steaming pile of shit.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:17 PM
Senior PROC Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by an liathroid beag View Post
Must go and see the film!
I'd highly recommend it for you Litroid.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:20 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Comic View Post
should have been called "Rambo: First Spud"

Old 08-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
Embarrassingly so.

In the first few minutes, there were signs that this was a low budget movie. Tacky backdrops, awful wardrobe, the redcoats looked like they were made in China for Halloween. But I held out hope until the singing began, then it turned into a Rambo revenge type movie. There were a few interesting killings and a bit of humour, hence the 3 out of 10.

It actually made me angry, a missed opportunity, it more or less trivialised that era in our history.

I would urge people not to go to the cinema to view this farse, watch online for free and make your own judgment on this steaming pile of shit.
And Rambo (Feeney) was played by an Aussie, no wonder his accent was so bad. Surely be to Jaysus they could have got an Irish actor for the part as it wouldn’t have been hard to play.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubwithnobeer View Post
And Rambo (Feeney) was played by an Aussie, no wonder his accent was so bad. Surely be to Jaysus they could have got an Irish actor for the part as it wouldn’t have been hard to play.
He didn't speak any English in the movie iirc, easier to get away with it that way.

Didn't know he was from OZ, the yanks are gonna love this movie though.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Listen m8, Blair apologised.

Look up the definition of genocide and show me one document that shows there was a wilful effort by the British government to "exterminate the Irish".

And here comes the barstooler in chief. Hi Munter.

The famine was the greatest peacetime disaster in modern european history. It was appalling as was the response of the establishment at the time but it was NOT genocide.

The past should not be forgotten but to subscribe to the Evil brits starving the Irish narrative is only bollocks that is believed by the feeble minded
Interesting... I don't remember calling it genocide. Doesn't matter what you call it anyway, if you starve a dog to death while you have adequate food you'd be arrested. What they did was worse, akin to taking food from their starving dog's bowl and feeding it to their neighbour's fat dog.

It might not meet definition of Genocide but it was definitely gross criminal intentional neglect at the same scale and having much same effect as genocide.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueswannabe View Post
It might not meet the definition of genocide
Thats all I needed to hear.

Good man.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
Embarrassingly so.

That sounds horrendous thanks for the tip off
Old 08-09-2018, 04:14 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueswannabe View Post
Interesting... I don't remember calling it genocide. Doesn't matter what you call it anyway, if you starve a dog to death while you have adequate food you'd be arrested. What they did was worse, akin to taking food from their starving dog's bowl and feeding it to their neighbour's fat dog.

It might not meet definition of Genocide but it was definitely gross criminal intentional neglect at the same scale and having much same effect as genocide.
Not too sure what the definition of genocide is but if you allow 1 million Irish to starve to death while allowing the food in the country to be exported to feed the British and at the same time prevent the importation of cheap corn into Ireland from America by the punitive Corn laws, I am sure that this must be genocide in some form or other.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mire View Post
That sounds horrendous thanks for the tip off
No bother.

Sarah Greene was good though.