Cork Footballers - Page 5937 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 17-07-2019, 12:14 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarlofPearl View Post
So the players don't work their bollix off, training all year, commitment all year. Many of them put their personal lives on hold to play for Cork. Yet you think the CCB treatment of Cork teams is a good enough reason not to support the players? As I said, EPL fanboy. Don't come watch the teams as they can't do with out your type of support.
Row back there bud...If your lucky enough to be selected to play for your county it's an honour not a burden..lots of people would give their right arm to be in that position. . Its a given at that level ull have to work ur bollix off..sure theres u16 underage soccer teams in cork training 2/3 nights a week these days so this working ur bollix off is a load of rubbish..If people's personal lives are put out etc..then then don't play for cork. .noneone is forcing anyone to play.

You the typical county board gobshite fan they love. You'll line their pockets no matter how little respect they give to the very team u go to support. I voted with my feet this year.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbysdelight View Post

You the typical county board gobshite fan they love. You'll line their pockets no matter how little respect they give to the very team u go to support. I voted with my feet this year.
Line their pockets? Where do you think the money goes? Jez, you really are typical EPL fanboy twat.

Quote:
Row back there bud...If your lucky enough to be selected to play for your county it's an honour not a burden..lots of people would give their right arm to be in that position. . Its a given at that level ull have to work ur bollix off..sure theres u16 underage soccer teams in cork training 2/3 nights a week these days so this working ur bollix off is a load of rubbish..If people's personal lives are put out etc..then then don't play for cork. .noneone is forcing anyone to play.
Yes it is an honour and you don't even support them because of the CCB, thankfully most supporters don't have that attitude. And comparing the commitment of Cork senior player to the commitment of an u16 soccer player is complete and utter typical of the inane shite you post here. Do the U16s have kids, families , jobs etc? The Cork senior player put themselves out for the jersey and their county and supporters.

Quote:
I voted with my feet this year.
You're not missed. Furthermore in all my years supporting Cork, it was the players on the field that had my support not the CCB and I have no doubt the majority of genuine Cork supporters feel the same.

Last edited by TheEarlofPearl; 17-07-2019 at 12:36 AM..
Old 17-07-2019, 12:52 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarlofPearl View Post
Line their pockets? Where do you think the money goes? Jez, you really are typical EPL fanboy twat.

Yes it is an honour and you don't even support them because of the CCB, thankfully most supporters don't have that attitude. And comparing the commitment of Cork senior player to the commitment of an u16 soccer player is complete and utter typical of the inane shite you post here. Do the U16s have kids, families , jobs etc? The Cork senior player put themselves out for the jersey and their county and supporters.

You're not missed. Furthermore in all my years supporting Cork, it was the players on the field that had my support not the CCB and I have no doubt the majority of genuine Cork supporters feel the same.
It would be more benefical to take Cork football home games out of the city and down to Clonakilty or Mallow. The majority of Cork football supporters come from west and north west of the city and are constantly expected to travel the long distances to see the team play. Maybe by bringing the players back to the supporters then we'll see the true football supporters in the County.

Very difficult e.g. for a family of four to travel from Castletownbere or Rockchapel for a game in PUC or PUR when the round trip might take 4 hrs. Makes more sense to bring the footballers back down to the heartland of Cork football i.e. West Cork, Muskerry and Duhallow
Old 17-07-2019, 01:05 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky Corner Forwar View Post
It would be more benefical to take Cork football home games out of the city and down to Clonakilty or Mallow. The majority of Cork football supporters come from west and north west of the city and are constantly expected to travel the long distances to see the team play. Maybe by bringing the players back to the supporters then we'll see the true football supporters in the County.

Very difficult e.g. for a family of four to travel from Castletownbere or Rockchapel for a game in PUC or PUR when the round trip might take 4 hrs. Makes more sense to bring the footballers back down to the heartland of Cork football i.e. West Cork, Muskerry and Duhallow
That's one of the more interesting suggestions I've heard for a while.
Old 17-07-2019, 06:24 AM

Would certainly go towards explaining our travelling numbers to Killarney
Old 17-07-2019, 07:30 AM

Dress up any way you want but this would not happen the hurlers and for the record I go to all games hurlers and footballers win lose or draw.
Old 17-07-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post
Let’s not all get up on our high horses on this one. The vast majority of us barely go to a Cork football game from one end of the year to the next. I’ve been to a few but not half as many as I should. I’ve been to a few which I considered a few too many in the last few years if I’m honest, given the way the performances were going until recently.

How can we give out about it being a disgrace that the footballers don’t get a big game in PUC when most of us wouldn’t go watch them against Roscommon if they lose this weekend. It’ll be a bandwagon if they win this weekend. So let’s just all chill out a while, get ourselves up to Dublin this weekend first to see if we can win a huge one against Tyrone and then fill PUR the weekend after for an even bigger one. PUR would arguably be better when full anyway!
Agreed.

The timing of this is very unfortunate but it has been flagged a long time in advance. The most important thing right now for Cork GAA is getting that pitch right and if the experts say they have to start on a certain date then we have to let them or risk blowing a fortune (again!) on a pitch that won't hold.

Getting the pitch right, allied to the improvement in football results, performances, organisation, communication and co-operation, is vital. We will have a home again, and our teams will be able to train there all year 'round and mingle with each other, pool resources and feed off each other.

In the short term the footballers suffer. At least partially. And that's a shame. But playing the Rossies in PUR will leave no-one locked out, it's a good ground with a great atmosphere and if we lose then no-one in the camp will be blaming PUR.

Onwards and upwards.

Our persecution complex as football fans would be more meaningful if we supported our team in big numbers. But we don't.
Old 17-07-2019, 07:44 AM

I assume it is not just a new grass surface - are they putting in a new drainage system?

Can't understand why they could not delay it by a week - our climate is fairly unpredictable, anyway
Old 17-07-2019, 07:53 AM

the ccc board statement said they were starting work on the pitch on the 22nd to have it ready for the start on the national league what they really said is we want it ready for our hurlers as the footballers will still be playing it PUR.
If the hurling quarter finals were a round robin and we were at home to Tipp on the 27th would that be played in PUR I think not.
Old 17-07-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulgorm View Post
I assume it is not just a new grass surface - are they putting in a new drainage system?

Can't understand why they could not delay it by a week - our climate is fairly unpredictable, anyway
There's been any enough fucking around with this thing. If the experts it needs to start by that point, start it.

Let's also acknowledge that PUC management and Cork GAA are not the same thing any longer.