tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Cork Footballers - Page 5439 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #54381  
Old 21-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Jukka Jukka is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombdiggity View Post
Reality is you're not gonna need Walshie until we play Tipperary in the Munster semi final in June.
A huge game now..
win that and we've a free craic off Kerry at home in a Munster Final and are in Rd 4 of the qualifiers minimum.

Which has you only one game from making it to Super 8s. Which has to be the minimum target.
Lose to Tipperary and it's Rd 2 of the qualifiers and fuck knows where you end up or who you play.. making it a long way back..
Walsh badly needs a run of time just playing football. In a much changed side it would have been great to see where he might best fit in - I reckon moving him to centre back could work out very well. You can't try it first off in championship though.
Reply With Quote
  #54382  
Old 22-02-2018, 08:46 AM
octavia octavia is offline
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
Walsh badly needs a run of time just playing football. In a much changed side it would have been great to see where he might best fit in - I reckon moving him to centre back could work out very well. You can't try it first off in championship though.
we need walsh in the air mid field would like to see cillian ohanlon tried centre back with kerrigan and cian kieky on the wings
Reply With Quote
  #54383  
Old 22-02-2018, 08:47 PM
bombdiggity bombdiggity is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,892
Default

Walshie is Maguire's partner at midfield.
No question there.
Midfield is a weakness for us.
Will be interesting to see how Jack Horgan goes on Saturday. He could be another option.
But as things stand it's Walshie Maguire at midfield for me.
If we have everyone fit and available we have an alright first 15 that will give anyone a game.
The problem for us depth. We've none.
We don't have a reliable free taker anymore. Now that the Donch is no longer first choice.
And we don't rack up big scores. Which you need these days to win big games.
What we absolutely have to have is a goal threat. Which we do have.

On current form and if everyone was available this is close to a desired 15 for me.
It'll be a good test on Sunday. Cavan aren't bad

Price.
Loughrey. Jamie Sull. Stephen Cronin.
Kevin Crowley. Conor Dorman. Tom Clancy.
Walshie and Maguire
John O'Rourke. Luke Connolly. Mick Hurley
Colm O'Neill. Mark Collins. Paul Kerrigan
Reply With Quote
  #54384  
Old 22-02-2018, 09:54 PM
CORK1990 CORK1990 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,656
Default

Good enough team BOMB id have Brian O Driscoll instead of Dorman and Ruairi Deane deserves a starting slot has been our best player so far this after a very good season last year...
Reply With Quote
  #54385  
Old 22-02-2018, 10:12 PM
keamoresouth keamoresouth is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,552
Default

Cork team for Sunday:

Casey
Ryan O'Sullivan McSweeney
Clancy Brian O' Driscoll Cian Kiely
Maguire O'Hanlon
Flahive White Deane
M Hurley Colm O'Neill Mark Collins
Subs:
Price, Crowley, Taylor, Dorman, Kevin O'Driscoll, O'Callaghan, Dorgan, O'Rourke, Sherlock
Reply With Quote
  #54386  
Old 22-02-2018, 11:03 PM
CORK1990 CORK1990 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,656
Default

Good to see Anthony Casey make his debut good goalie despite the u21 final disaster, Brian O Driscoll at 6 his best position I hope he stays injury free a grows in to that role ..great to see Killian O Hanlon play again hope he gets a run injury free will add a lot ..Kevin Flahive at wing forward a bit suprising Morgan played him there for UCC think hes better wing back...Kevin Crowley, John O Rourke etc in the subs will be good players coming on ...this will be a big test Cavan are going well and our lads will have to perform in the new Pairc after losing to Tipp and this beign a top of the table clash ...but lets face it if we don't win against a very good Cavan side at home we will not be promoted very interesting clash.
Reply With Quote
  #54387  
Old 23-02-2018, 12:54 AM
Lee Bushwacker Lee Bushwacker is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ireland and Europe
Posts: 25,584
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpYaBoya View Post
Nobody is talking about a false dawn.
We are nowhere near winning an All Ireland but anything positive after the last few years should be encouraged and not be shot down cos of the Tipp result.
I think we're on the right path.

Chris Rea " The Road To Hell"!
__________________
ABUs are a sandwich short of a picnic!
Reply With Quote
  #54388  
Old 23-02-2018, 07:06 AM
diggerman diggerman is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cork
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORK1990 View Post
Good enough team BOMB id have Brian O Driscoll instead of Dorman and Ruairi Deane deserves a starting slot has been our best player so far this after a very good season last year...
Deane was very good up in newry as and sean white put in a good hour also, nothing wrong with having options from the bench
Reply With Quote
  #54389  
Old 23-02-2018, 07:07 AM
diggerman diggerman is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cork
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORK1990 View Post
Good to see Anthony Casey make his debut good goalie despite the u21 final disaster, Brian O Driscoll at 6 his best position I hope he stays injury free a grows in to that role ..great to see Killian O Hanlon play again hope he gets a run injury free will add a lot ..Kevin Flahive at wing forward a bit suprising Morgan played him there for UCC think hes better wing back...Kevin Crowley, John O Rourke etc in the subs will be good players coming on ...this will be a big test Cavan are going well and our lads will have to perform in the new Pairc after losing to Tipp and this beign a top of the table clash ...but lets face it if we don't win against a very good Cavan side at home we will not be promoted very interesting clash.
flahive picked there also for newry but dropped back behind midfield
Reply With Quote
  #54390  
Old 23-02-2018, 05:32 PM
keamoresouth keamoresouth is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,552
Default

Bus Eireann doing shuttle buses from Lapps Quay to PUC on Sunday.

They're only starting at 12.30 though, which might be tight if the experiences of the Tipp match are anything to go by ...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.