Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 03-10-2019, 09:44 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
If a garda was to give one of these scobes a slap he would be in deep trouble,
surely a slap is warranted in some situations, Garda morale must be low when they see the same fellas strolling around with multiple convictions ,
Permitting Gardaí to use violence might seem appropriate when you read about crime in the paper but long term it reduces the respect people have for the force. If you "warrant" police to slap a kid around for throwing stones at a bus, there will be Gardaí who will turn that into a beating. Police forces should show restraint and just implement the law as best they can in conjunction with the courts.

Obviously, if you're a tabloid troll you'll say the Gardaí have no respect credibility etc, but it's untrue. In Ireland there's still plenty of trust and respect for police in the general population. Visit South America or watch a doc on it to see how distrusted and corrupt the police are. You can't walk past them without having to pay a made up "fine".

It's one of those social conformity things in Ireland to give out about the Gardaí without any consideration for how difficult their job is and the type of cunts they have to deal with day after day after day.

I always find it asmuing when I hear people giving out about being caught speeding. They call the cops "sneaky" for being in a 50 kph zone or a long straight stretch in a 80kph road where you might accelerate up to 100kph. It's total bullshit. You're not special, the law is the law. Don't speed, and you won't get a fine.

They set up check points to make the roads safer. FFS, it's not a speed "trap" set up to squeeze coin out of you for their personal financial gain.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:45 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach and Six View Post
There's a station almost around the corner in Gurranabraher at the top of Baker's Road. Gardaí are regularly on patrol up around Knocka and nearby areas. When someone puts in a call they are usually there quickly enough if they are available. If there are multiple incidents in one night then they are going to be stretched.

Over the last few months the local media has been full of how Cork's force has been reduced in size because of the goings-on in Dublin and Drogheda.

Garda numbers in Cork are falling because the number of Gardaí retiring is greater than the number of new recruits allocated to Cork. New cops are being sent to Drogheda and Dublin.

You'll have loads of people saying Cork should have more Gardaí but if you're Drew Harris and you're looking at the gangland situation in Drogehda and Dublin where murder, attempted murder, assault and drug dealing is getting out of control and you compare it with Cork where residents are "suffering in silence" because a few teenage dirt bags are throwing stones at buses, you're going to prioritise the former.

The threat of murder out weighs the threat of a bus service being disrupted if you're the person deciding where to place your force.
Good post but todays teenage animals are tomorrows drug dealers and hitmen.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:49 AM

How is this news, it's been happening for years.

It was always a lottery, the 2 would either:

- go up the Back Road as normal
- go straight up Harbour View Road with tuts from folk having to get off and walk through Mogadishu to get to their house in Baghdad on the Back Road
- stop at the top of Colmcille Park in Churchfield and announce this is as far as its going

One winter with ice everywhere I had to walk from Churchfield up.
I saw walked, I shuffled my feed like the lads do in curling.
Got all the way home and slipped on the step outside my door. Raging.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach and Six View Post
Permitting Gardaí to use violence might seem appropriate when you read about crime in the paper but long term it reduces the respect people have for the force. If you "warrant" police to slap a kid around for throwing stones at a bus, there will be Gardaí who will turn that into a beating. Police forces should show restraint and just implement the law as best they can in conjunction with the courts.

Obviously, if you're a tabloid troll you'll say the Gardaí have no respect credibility etc, but it's untrue. In Ireland there's still plenty of trust and respect for police in the general population. Visit South America or watch a doc on it to see how distrusted and corrupt the police are. You can't walk past them without having to pay a made up "fine".

It's one of those social conformity things in Ireland to give out about the Gardaí without any consideration for how difficult their job is and the type of cunts they have to deal with day after day after day.

I always find it asmuing when I hear people giving out about being caught speeding. They call the cops "sneaky" for being in a 50 kph zone or a long straight stretch in a 80kph road where you might accelerate up to 100kph. It's total bullshit. You're not special, the law is the law. Don't speed, and you won't get a fine.

They set up check points to make the roads safer. FFS, it's not a speed "trap" set up to squeeze coin out of you for their personal financial gain.
I often hear people complaining about the sneaky cnuts hiding with the speed gun, i have no issues with speed checks , if it saves a life then it is justified,
Old 03-10-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
I often hear people complaining about the sneaky cnuts hiding with the speed gun, i have no issues with speed checks , if it saves a life then it is justified,
Since when did a speed check save a life? I see it every day on the Bloom field interchange. When people see there's no cops they speed up again. Ask any cop and they'll tell you it's a money grabbing exercise. Education is the only solution, make it psrt of the school curriculum and catch the kids before they start driving. The same is true for civic pride and awareness.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisfallen View Post
Since when did a speed check save a life? I see it every day on the Bloom field interchange. When people see there's no cops they speed up again. Ask any cop and they'll tell you it's a money grabbing exercise. Education is the only solution, make it psrt of the school curriculum and catch the kids before they start driving. The same is true for civic pride and awareness.
Maybe i should have said speed detector vans, or cameras rather than checks,
Old 03-10-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Maybe i should have said speed detector vans, or cameras rather than checks,
They're another shower of cunts altogether.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:16 AM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly sham View Post

One winter with ice everywhere I had to walk from Churchfield up.
I saw walked, I shuffled my feed like the lads do in curling.
Got all the way home and slipped on the step outside my door. Raging.
Sorry Nel but I did lol
Old 03-10-2019, 10:20 AM

Should Apple invest in their own buses now? Ones with shatter proof glass, reinforced panels etc? Or should people on the buses start throwing apples at people on the way to work and back as a measured response?

Alternatively just fucking stop the thing after 7pm again for the foreseeable. Its the only way they will understand. Remember, we are dealing with stupidity on a generational level here. Those dirty appples never fall far from the trees lads. FUCK EM!
Old 03-10-2019, 10:23 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyAl View Post
Should Apple invest in their own buses now? Ones with shatter proof glass, reinforced panels etc? Or should people on the buses start throwing apples at people on the way to work and back as a measured response?

Alternatively just fucking stop the thing after 7pm again for the foreseeable. Its the only way they will understand. Remember, we are dealing with stupidity on a generational level here. Those dirty appples never fall far from the trees lads. FUCK EM!
Private buses also serve apple