tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT! - Page 3391 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 22-10-2019, 07:59 AM

Heh^3
Old 22-10-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROCNA2018 View Post
DUP looking to support Labour strategy while in a confidence and supply agreement with the Tories.
The DUP MPs spent yesterday at Westminster arguing that Northern Ireland must not be treated any differently to the rest of the UK.

Also yesterday DUP MLAs were at Stormont, Belfast demanding that Northern Ireland be treated differently to the rest of the UK.

They are arguing against the Brexit that they thought that they wanted and have trapped themselves in their own beliefs while the people disagree.
Old 22-10-2019, 08:41 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
The DUP MPs spent yesterday at Westminster arguing that Northern Ireland must not be treated any differently to the rest of the UK.

Also yesterday DUP MLAs were at Stormont, Belfast demanding that Northern Ireland be treated differently to the rest of the UK.

They are arguing against the Brexit that they thought that they wanted and have trapped themselves in their own beliefs while the people disagree.

That's always been the DUP way though. They've ruled the roost in the north for so long they see nothing wrong with their Chameleon Politics as there was never anyone strong enough on their own to punish their hypocrisy in the ballot box. Changing times.
Old 22-10-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post

YCNMIU, Both main parties up there are using people as pawns in their game,
Id be very critical of SF here in that they say Britain has no right to interfere or legislate in irish affairs but seem very happy to accept this ,
Old 22-10-2019, 08:51 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
YCNMIU, Both main parties up there are using people as pawns in their game,
Id be very critical of SF here in that they say Britain has no right to interfere or legislate in irish affairs but seem very happy to accept this ,
Are you similarly critical of the Alliance and SDLP jimmy?

Whether we like it or not Abortion and Same Sex Marriage are already on the statute books in this jurisdiction - SF have already campaigned on behalf of both. Do you think SF should object to the imposition of rules that pertain south of the border, just because it's the HOC that threatened it as a lever to try get the DUP back into Stormont and when the DUP refused to go back to Stormont on the previously agreed terms, the HOC carried out their "threat" of regularising the legislation right across these islands, even on the last hold-out corner?
Old 22-10-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
That's always been the DUP way though. They've ruled the roost in the north for so long they see nothing wrong with their Chameleon Politics as there was never anyone strong enough on their own to punish their hypocrisy in the ballot box. Changing times.
They never take responsibility and now the Tories have dumped them and the E.U. had out muscled them as a bigger power that could not be bullied.

The R.H.I. inquiry will be out shortly to deliver the coup de grace and they are having a meltdown as N.I. will not even be in the U.K. single market shortly.
Old 22-10-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Are you similarly critical of the Alliance and SDLP jimmy?

Whether we like it or not Abortion and Same Sex Marriage are already on the statute books in this jurisdiction - SF have already campaigned on behalf of both. Do you think SF should object to the imposition of rules that pertain south of the border, just because it's the HOC that threatened it as a lever to try get the DUP back into Stormont and when the DUP refused to go back to Stormont on the previously agreed terms, the HOC carried out their "threat" of regularising the legislation right across these islands, even on the last hold-out corner?
I have seen videos of elisha mccallion sf mp who i think is martina andersons
niece saying Britain has no right to impose laws on ireland and should have no say in Irish affairs, But i saw a post from her this morning hailing the decision,
I have no issues with the north being brought into line with the south ansd the UK, but it cant be a case of we will fight British interference on some issues but gladly accept others,
Old 22-10-2019, 09:04 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
I have seen videos of elisha mccallion sf mp who i think is martina andersons
niece saying Britain has no right to impose laws on ireland and should have no say in Irish affairs, But i saw a post from her this morning hailing the decision,
I have no issues with the north being brought into line with the south ansd the UK, but it cant be a case of we will fight British interference on some issues but gladly accept others,
jimmy, what should SF say to people wanting Same Sex marriage or Abortion in the north. SF campaigned for it. Parity of Esteem is a basic tenet. Should SF tell those from the north wanting to marry their partner, or deciding they really need an abortion, that they should just suck it up until SF come into power, whenever those that are anti-Same Sex Marriage, and anti-Abortion eventually go back to the agreement on returning to Stormont? That could be months, even years away still jimmy.
And justice delayed is justice denied.
Old 22-10-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
jimmy, what should SF say to people wanting Same Sex marriage or Abortion in the north. SF campaigned for it. Parity of Esteem is a basic tenet. Should SF tell those from the north wanting to marry their partner, or deciding they really need an abortion, that they should just suck it up until SF come into power, whenever those that are anti-Same Sex Marriage, and anti-Abortion eventually go back to the agreement on returning to Stormont? That could be months, even years away still jimmy.
As i said i have no issue with this being implemented , Peadar Toibin is very vocal in saying SF actively lobbied The British government on this, I cant say for sure if they did or didnt but is that not an Ala CARTE approach if so?
Old 22-10-2019, 09:24 AM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
What say you if Westminister decreed there would be no ILA in NI?