Your Mental Health - Page 55 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 08-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard View Post
So the parents knew the names of the bullies before the poor girl committed suicide?
Yeah, see above. The Gardai were utterly useless.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:19 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
I didn't know that. Making racist comments is illegal.

At a guess though, this may have been the issue the guards had

"Ms O’Neill was advised to try and use her phone to record some of the incidents but she was never able to capture anything."

Without some sort of evidence it is very hard to bring a criminal prosecution. We could move to a system where the evidence of the alleged bullied person alone is enough, but that would be ripe for exploitation.

I am in no way trying to minimise what happened to this poor girl, or to excuse those who bullied her. I'm just trying to explain why bullying is so hard to deal with from a legal pov.

FWIW, I have written cease and desist letters to parents of alleged bullies. It worked out reasonably well in that case. There were three bullies involved. The parents of two were really proactive and apologetic. The parents of the third were cunts (I honestly cant think of a better word for them). They rang my office to scream abuse at me, told me they would sue me for suggesting that their daughter was a bully, called me all sorts of names. Not hard to see why their daughter was a bully like!!

The parents of the other two bullies stopped them from hanging out with her and it subsequently emerged that those two girls were actually afraid of her and joined in the bullying to protect themselves basically.

The intervention didn't entirely fix the bullying, and the school didn't expel the ringleader out of fear of a lawsuit, but it made the situation a good bit better.

Saw the ringleaders name on a court list a few years later, up for assault and threatening and abusive behaviour to a guard. No sign of mammy and daddy in Court though!
That's interesting, thanks for the insight . Girls can be horrible to each other.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
That's interesting, thanks for the insight . Girls can be horrible to each other.
And boys!
Old 08-11-2019, 12:02 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
I didn't know that. Making racist comments is illegal.

At a guess though, this may have been the issue the guards had

"Ms O’Neill was advised to try and use her phone to record some of the incidents but she was never able to capture anything."

Without some sort of evidence it is very hard to bring a criminal prosecution. We could move to a system where the evidence of the alleged bullied person alone is enough, but that would be ripe for exploitation.

I am in no way trying to minimise what happened to this poor girl, or to excuse those who bullied her. I'm just trying to explain why bullying is so hard to deal with from a legal pov.

FWIW, I have written cease and desist letters to parents of alleged bullies. It worked out reasonably well in that case. There were three bullies involved. The parents of two were really proactive and apologetic. The parents of the third were cunts (I honestly cant think of a better word for them). They rang my office to scream abuse at me, told me they would sue me for suggesting that their daughter was a bully, called me all sorts of names. Not hard to see why their daughter was a bully like!!

The parents of the other two bullies stopped them from hanging out with her and it subsequently emerged that those two girls were actually afraid of her and joined in the bullying to protect themselves basically.

The intervention didn't entirely fix the bullying, and the school didn't expel the ringleader out of fear of a lawsuit, but it made the situation a good bit better.

Saw the ringleaders name on a court list a few years later, up for assault and threatening and abusive behaviour to a guard. No sign of mammy and daddy in Court though!
Great post.

Friend of mine has ran a crèche for twenty five years. In that time she said the biggest change in parents (not all but a sizable amount) is the refusal of them to accept even benign criticism of their children.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
Friend of mine has ran a crèche for twenty five years. In that time she said the biggest change in parents (not all but a sizable amount) is the refusal of them to accept even benign criticism of their children.
If only abortion had been legalized 20-30 years ago.
Old 15-11-2019, 05:01 PM
PROC Member

Been a while since I've posted on the local talkpage but I've come back from edge of death.

Quit my job, quit life, hit the gargle and had my suicide planned but reached out to someone which led to a stay in hospital. Have gone through intensive therapy CBT & DBT (Dialectical behaviour therapy) which is something I found to be life altering and saving.

Back in a job, stable and life is back on track. Oh how I have missed the local talkpage, can't wait to argue with mattie on a daily basis and have the bantz.
Old 15-11-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFate View Post
Been a while since I've posted on the local talkpage but I've come back from edge of death.

Quit my job, quit life, hit the gargle and had my suicide planned but reached out to someone which led to a stay in hospital. Have gone through intensive therapy CBT & DBT (Dialectical behaviour therapy) which is something I found to be life altering and saving.

Back in a job, stable and life is back on track. Oh how I have missed the local talkpage, can't wait to argue with mattie on a daily basis and have the bantz.
Good man and remember if you ever hit the bottom again you managed to climb back out of it previously,
Old 15-11-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:

Fair play for getting back on track. I wish you well.

P.S : Avoid Bard on here, because he’ll have you feeling down again within minutes.
Old 15-11-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:

Fair play chief, asking for help is the hardest thing.
Old 15-11-2019, 05:56 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

Well done Jack.

More evidence for anyone feeling down, reading this, that it can be done.