Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Music Mart
User Name
Password

Old 16-02-2007, 02:01 PM

Default System of a Down

I quite fancy setting up a band which plays heavy melodic music aka SOAD, TOOL etc.

I've played bass in bands years ago. I mainly play guitar and sing these days, and record my own tunes. But I'd like to joing up with a few heads and see what we come up with.

So anyone on for this throw yer names down, influences and what ye play. Then we'll get a good gang of us together and see who clicks with who and if we can come up with the good shit that only comes out of a collection of like-minded musicians getting down and jamming.
Old 16-02-2007, 02:24 PM

I might be interested, huge tool fan.
Playing guitar for about four years, trying to start producing, 18 years of age, male, doing the leaving at the moment which will be a huge problem but once i'm finished that it's smooth sailing.

Influences ok hard one for me cause i like so much music but sure i'll put down some of my favorites,
Tool,deftones,team sleep,mono,godspeed, protest the hero,sikth,between the buried and me,killswitch engage,isis,dredg,pe lican,65daysofstatic ,mogwai....etc etc.
Old 16-02-2007, 02:55 PM

i would throw my hat in there.. but I'm focking ancient!
Old 16-02-2007, 06:37 PM

Yeah sounds good. I play bass and I have my own gear and transport. Give us a shout if u want me.
Old 17-02-2007, 10:30 PM

Sweet. 3 responses in a day. How bad.

mr_fruitbowl - I hear you on the influences. Got plenty myself but have always been a huge Tool fan.

Mango - ancient?! I am 32! Hasn't stopped me yet. Yet.

Spango Joe - nice one. Be cool if we can get this together. We'll see if we can get a couple more heads involved, then perhaps arrange a meet and a jam.
Old 19-02-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbobdobalina View Post
Sweet. 3 responses in a day. How bad.

mr_fruitbowl - I hear you on the influences. Got plenty myself but have always been a huge Tool fan.

Mango - ancient?! I am 32! Hasn't stopped me yet. Yet.

Spango Joe - nice one. Be cool if we can get this together. We'll see if we can get a couple more heads involved, then perhaps arrange a meet and a jam.
Awright Bob! I'm in.. played my first gig in '88! My fists of metal fury forged in the fires of Mordor!
I'm up for a lash of this anyway.. let us know if anything comes of it.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:42 AM

Well it looks like we got the basics here anyways. Should we meet up for a chat, or just meet up and jam, and see what comes of it? I have found in the past that jamming without a plan can sometimes work, but you need some sort of recording device there otherwise it is all forgotten. I have played in bands where I wrote the songs, and in ones where we jammed and came up with the basics. What say ye?
Old 01-03-2007, 08:32 PM

Jam
Old 02-03-2007, 12:43 PM

jam and a bag of cans!

maybe pick 1 cover song to have the gist of in case of emergency?
Old 02-03-2007, 01:44 PM

Yeah sounds good to me. Any ideas?

This is the second band we have tried to start on this thing mango. If it doesn't work out we should start one.