tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Do you have a tulpa? - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-09-2019, 02:00 PM
Perry_Mace_On Perry_Mace_On is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Shady Grove Convalescent Home
Posts: 16,838
Thumbs up Do you have a tulpa?

What's a tulpa, you ask? Well, let me enlighten you, my benighted friend.

https://www.tulpa.info/what-is-a-tulpa/

Many people have a tulpa, perhaps more than one. I have three!

More info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tulpas/
__________________
LawrenceSummers;6484 814
That’s not art, that a stick.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-09-2019, 02:07 PM
Dr. Aaoouh Dr. Aaoouh is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,642
Default

Do you mean something like this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lit...s_Magic_fandom
__________________
Her eyes were like the stars, not because they twinkled, but because they were so far apart.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-09-2019, 02:12 PM
Perry_Mace_On Perry_Mace_On is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Shady Grove Convalescent Home
Posts: 16,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Aaoouh View Post
No, Doc, nothing like that. If we were gonna really dumb down, we might call them imaginary friends for adults.
__________________
LawrenceSummers;6484 814
That’s not art, that a stick.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-09-2019, 02:19 PM
Dr. Aaoouh Dr. Aaoouh is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry_Mace_On View Post
No, Doc, nothing like that. If we were gonna really dumb down, we might call them imaginary friends for adults.
We might. But a tulpa is not necessarily imaginary, is it?
__________________
Her eyes were like the stars, not because they twinkled, but because they were so far apart.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-09-2019, 02:43 PM
Perry_Mace_On Perry_Mace_On is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Shady Grove Convalescent Home
Posts: 16,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Aaoouh View Post
We might. But a tulpa is not necessarily imaginary, is it?
There are different schools of thought on that. Many believe that they're independent spiritual beings that exist outside of ourselves.

I don't, but I'm not into harshing anyone's mellow.

My thinking is that the imagination is the most powerful force human beings can call on. We come up with philosophies and ideas that change our world. Should we really be so dismissive of beings that exist only in our imaginations?
__________________
LawrenceSummers;6484 814
That’s not art, that a stick.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Dr. Aaoouh Dr. Aaoouh is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry_Mace_On View Post
There are different schools of thought on that. Many believe that they're independent spiritual beings that exist outside of ourselves.

I don't, but I'm not into harshing anyone's mellow.

My thinking is that the imagination is the most powerful force human beings can call on. We come up with philosophies and ideas that change our world. Should we really be so dismissive of beings that exist only in our imaginations?
It's a mixed blessing, knowing that I am an imaginary being that exists in the imagination of certain other people here, as you know.

But I'm not dismissive, since by and large I think that we are imaginary beings in our own minds.
__________________
Her eyes were like the stars, not because they twinkled, but because they were so far apart.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-09-2019, 02:11 PM
Mike Strutter Mike Strutter is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,414
Default

Is it to do with a lot of voices in your head?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-09-2019, 02:12 PM
Hordes'a'Fopperies Hordes'a'Fopperies is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In the Jungle, the mighty Jungle, the Langer sleeps toniiiiight!
Posts: 17,803
Default

Wtf?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by oul'doll View Post
I think we'd all like to see Micks bits.

Or anyone's bits really. I'd just like to see some bits.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-09-2019, 02:14 PM
Hordes'a'Fopperies Hordes'a'Fopperies is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In the Jungle, the mighty Jungle, the Langer sleeps toniiiiight!
Posts: 17,803
Default

Is this an alternative view on split personalities?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by oul'doll View Post
I think we'd all like to see Micks bits.

Or anyone's bits really. I'd just like to see some bits.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-09-2019, 02:22 PM
SunshineSupporter SunshineSupporter is offline
Banned
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry_Mace_On View Post
What's a tulpa, you ask? Well, let me enlighten you, my benighted friend.

https://www.tulpa.info/what-is-a-tulpa/

Many people have a tulpa, perhaps more than one. I have three!

More info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tulpas/

I said yes but Tyler said no.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.