Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 06-02-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhopping View Post
Where were the Neptune young guns last night ? The Yank too?
Probably planning for next season now ,developing the bench and blooding players for next season anyway
Ya like G.Noonan who was i think top scorer!!!!
Old 06-02-2019, 06:18 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Sad to see 😪
The focus the last few years for the senior committee was making sure teams got to Dublin for the cup weekend and all the fun involved in that and they will pay that price for a number of years to come. The one saving grace is that from U12 down the Neptune house is in order but there is no guarantees at that age.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:39 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thman View Post
Who will they have going forward so ?
Probably 2 more gone stateside
Lads getting older
Bench getting no experience ?
Old 09-02-2019, 01:50 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
No disrespect to him but 🤔🤔
Old 09-02-2019, 01:52 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroc View Post
have neptune signed any new players at superleague , un 20 or un 18 . With a few new recuits could do okin superleague. Think neptunes best signing will be liam oconnell i would rank him as one of the best irish coaches of all time All his teams played great defense
Just came across this
Who actually teaches defense nowadays?
I don't mean sticking in a zone press
Old 11-02-2019, 07:20 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Post View Post
The focus the last few years for the senior committee was making sure teams got to Dublin for the cup weekend and all the fun involved in that and they will pay that price for a number of years to come. The one saving grace is that from U12 down the Neptune house is in order but there is no guarantees at that age.
I don't understand ?
They won cups cos they were the best ,
First u20 win v Vincent's being the best imo as they were underdogs and well down.
Rest of the teams were odds on favourites .
They have proven this season they can beat the best ,should have beaten templeogue and Tralee for example and much better than demons now.
But bottom of the league ?
I'd be interested /curious in people's opinions . Tia
Old 11-02-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
I don't understand ?
First u20 win v Vincent's being the best imo as they were underdogs and well down.
They have proven this season they can beat the best ,should have beaten templeogue and Tralee for example and much better than demons now.
losing players cause they are too good for ireland, but a few will be back hopefully for neptune sake so I wouldn't panic, congrats on neptunes u12s and u17 age group v good,the best underage teams are now in Galway all it takes is one big fella in them age groups to be a game changer so let the u12s enjoy their moment and put absolutely no pressure on them, believe me one big can change a league position from challenger to winners ..
Old 12-02-2019, 12:24 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
I don't understand ?
Nothing at all to do with the cup teams they had the players and coaches to get the job done and yes the first U20 win was the best iout of all of them in my own view. The point I was making was that the rest of the underage section didn't get the same attention and the player quality dropped bar one or two talented players. But the future is very bright with the U12 winning the Cork tournament at the weekend.
Old 13-02-2019, 09:02 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Post View Post
Nothing at all to do with the cup teams they had the players and coaches to get the job done and yes the first U20 win was the best iout of all of them in my own view. The point I was making was that the rest of the underage section didn't get the same attention and the player quality dropped bar one or two talented players. But the future is very bright with the U12 winning the Cork tournament at the weekend.
Oh I understand now ,old story,top team is successful and they don't see the bigger picture .
Old 13-02-2019, 09:05 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
losing players cause they are too good for ireland, but a few will be back hopefully for neptune sake so I wouldn't panic, congrats on neptunes u12s and u17 age group v good,the best underage teams are now in Galway all it takes is one big fella in them age groups to be a game changer so let the u12s enjoy their moment and put absolutely no pressure on them, believe me one big can change a league position from challenger to winners ..
Moycullen and Maree have been very consistent for years
But lose players to college ,immigration etc