tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Corona Championship Final Antrim v Cork - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: Antrim v Cork
Antrim 10 43.48%
Cork 13 56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2020, 06:07 PM
Senior PROC Member

Default Corona Championship Final Antrim v Cork

And so we have our two all-ireland finalists in outsiders Antrim and hosts Cork. The next 24 hours will be full of excitement as we visit both camps and get their thoughts ahead of tomorrow’s final. There are a couple of interesting links in both camps and our reporters hope to highlight them in articles over the next 24 hours
Old 04-04-2020, 06:33 PM
Senior PROC Member

https://images.app.goo.gl/iCa5sUTJos5n1qpbA

Cork v Antrim - A distant rivalry

Cork and Antrim have only met 8 times in the Championship, their first meeting was way back in 1906 and their most recent meeting was in 2010 with Cork coming out on top on all 8 occasions.

The gulf in terms of success between the two counties is stark, Antrim will be appearing in only their third all-ireland final and have never won the title while Cork will be looking to claim their 31st title.

Cork are managed by Gallant1 who is known for his hard line approach when dealing with his players, his back room staff and even his own County Board. Rumour has it Gallant1 was on the verge of being released by the Cork County Board as recently as last Monday night before video evidence was used to help his case.

Which brings us nicely to Antrim manager and hurling evangelist jimmym who it is fair to say is more a lover than a fighter. jimmym had the unenviable task of trying to bring two polar opposite traditions together for the good of Antrim hurling and he has certainly succeeded in doing that.

So who will come out on top on Sunday? The lover or the fighter? Time will reveal all but for now we look foward with anticipation to what should be a fascinating battle.

Last edited by red&blue; 04-04-2020 at 07:20 PM..
Old 04-04-2020, 06:42 PM
Senior PROC Member

https://images.app.goo.gl/yrb95QryHMNLG3Nh9

Breaking News

Then referee for Sundays final has just been announced. It is former Laois manager finbarrog, also formerly known as Chedderog (pictured above)

finbarrog is known for letting the play flow which should lead to a fast flowing game. finbarrog last served as a referee 3 years ago and has just finished his suspension for attacking players on both sides during his last game.

Best of luck finbarrog

Last edited by red&blue; 04-04-2020 at 07:21 PM..
Old 04-04-2020, 06:53 PM

https://youtu.be/BFhNqYf5Qao
Old 04-04-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue View Post
https://images.app.goo.gl/yrb95QryHMNLG3Nh9

Breaking News

Then referee for Sundays final has just been announced. It is former Laois manager finbarrog, also formerly known as Chedderog.

finbarrog is known for letting the play flow which should lead to a fast flowing game. finbarrog last served as a referee 3 years ago and has just finished his suspension for attacking players on both sides during his last game.

Best of luck finbarrog
Extremely honored for the opportunity and proud of my club and County. I will do my best and yes it’s true I will be 🎤 up live during the game.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finbarrog View Post
Extremely honored for the opportunity and proud of my club and County. I will do my best and yes it’s true I will be 🎤 up live during the game.
Finbar your envolope will be behind the bar in O Neils 😉
Old 04-04-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallant1 View Post
Finbar your envolope will be behind the bar in O Neils 😉
Ya cute Langer. When do I pick it up next year 😅
Old 04-04-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finbarrog View Post
Ya cute Langer. When do I pick it up next year 😅
Youll have to ask Tony Houlihan of.the HSE on that one 😂
Old 04-04-2020, 07:11 PM

I got a package as well from Antrim. Didn’t open yet but I think it’s a clock ⏰ because I heard tic toc. Thanks both sides.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:16 PM
Senior PROC Member

https://images.app.goo.gl/FgeMhryCfdm8ap4j6

Tracy Kennely - Torn between two lovers

Sundays final will be an occasion full of mixed emotions for Cork Chairperson Tracy Kennely, pictured above with both managers Gallant1 on her right and jimmym on her left, A few years back Tracy became the first female Chair in the history of Cork GAA but little did she know at the time she would find herself torn between two lovers as she is on Sunday.

For in her private life Tracy recently became entwined with current Antrim manager jimmym, and now finds herself battling against the love of her life who only took over Antrim in recent weeks following ex manager Babs Keating walking away having called his players terrorists in a heap following a very disappointing league campaign.

jimmym took a call from the Antrim County Board and then rest as they say is history. Tracy had this to say about jimmym

"jimmym is away a lot at the moment but every time he can he helps me clean my pipes on the kegs". jimmym works very fast and has it all done and dusted in a matter of seconds, no matter what the result of Sundays game is I hope jimmym will help clean my pipes again Sunday night"

So win lose or draw its back to basics for jimmym after Sunday