tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
sunderland till i die - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-04-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerchantOfEnnis View Post
He seemed like a prick at the beginning but I warmed to him at the end of that speech.

Stuart Donald seems like a good lad, I hope it works out for him.

Lol @ the call into the radio show. The club has just gotten relegated for the second season running and a fan is concerned that some of the seats have faded from red to pink
I thought the seats fading to pink were a legit concern. On the face of it, it’s a tiny thing but overall it just further shows how the club was constantly letting small things go and eventually they all add up to create bigger issues. No proper club would let seats look as shoddy as that.

As a side note, that is why PUC has white seats because they don’t look as bad when they fade.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
He seemed like a prick at the beginning but I warmed to him at the end of that speech.

Stuart Donald seems like a good lad, I hope it works out for him.

Lol @ the call into the radio show. The club has just gotten relegated for the second season running and a fan is concerned that some of the seats have faded from red to pink
Tbf, think he was using it as example of general drift within the club.Brilliant show - heart went out to old dear in last episode wondering "why always us that lose" after play off.
Sorry to hear no season 3.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:39 PM
Senior PROC Member

I never knew a check a trade final could be so exciting.

And gut wrenching. What a brilliant series. You’d find yourself willing them in to win.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
I never knew a check a trade final could be so exciting.

And gut wrenching. What a brilliant series. You’d find yourself willing them in to win.
Seemed to be more emphasis on that final than the play-offs. Their attendance for the home play-off semi was quite poor also which made you wonder if they felt they were too big for it.

Great series though. Netflix struck gold with Sunderland and their timing on this. Two different sets of ownership, various managers, relegation, cup final and a play off final defeat. You’d nearly think it was scripted. I’ve seen the Leeds one and it’s not even half as good.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post
Seemed to be more emphasis on that final than the play-offs. Their attendance for the home play-off semi was quite poor also which made you wonder if they felt they were too big for it.

Great series though. Netflix struck gold with Sunderland and their timing on this. Two different sets of ownership, various managers, relegation, cup final and a play off final defeat. You’d nearly think it was scripted. I’ve seen the Leeds one and it’s not even half as good.
The bearded fan said it: most probably held off in the hope of getting to Wembley.

That, coupled with the disappointment of missing out on auto promotion in the regular season, probably accounted for the low attendance.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:00 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
The bearded fan said it: most probably held off in the hope of getting to Wembley.

That, coupled with the disappointment of missing out on auto promotion in the regular season, probably accounted for the low attendance.
Watching it, you really have to admire the die hards. It can’t be easy going to games week in week out watching that shite, as the cabbie put it.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:33 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post
I thought the seats fading to pink were a legit concern. On the face of it, it’s a tiny thing but overall it just further shows how the club was constantly letting small things go and eventually they all add up to create bigger issues. No proper club would let seats look as shoddy as that.

As a side note, that is why PUC has white seats because they don’t look as bad when they fade.

Fair point. And you could see what a thing like that meant to the fans when they were invited in to help change the seats with the players.

I particularly like the taxi driver, he just seems like a salt of the earth fella who likes his few pints with the lads and loves the football. Some accent on him too.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:51 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Fair point. And you could see what a thing like that meant to the fans when they were invited in to help change the seats with the players.

I particularly like the taxi driver, he just seems like a salt of the earth fella who likes his few pints with the lads and loves the football. Some accent on him too.
The documentary did a great job of showing the heart of the club, the committed supporters, the canteen staff, the ticket office etc etc.

It’s for them you’d be gutted when it keeps going tits up.

The new owners were in it for all the right reasons too.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:53 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
The documentary did a great job of showing the heart of the club, the committed supporters, the canteen staff, the ticket office etc etc.

It’s for them you’d be gutted when it keeps going tits up.

The new owners were in it for all the right reasons too.

Definitely, like the ticket staff and the two in the canteen, they're the ones who suffer when the likes of Jack Rodwell sit around doing nothing on €70k a week.

The scene in the first series when the chief executive gets the call to say Rodwell is staying is brilliant, shows just how much access the film crew had when they can record emotion like that.
Old 21-04-2020, 04:18 PM

Remember when Maradona built a ship in Sunderland? Nobody does, because it didn't happen.

Here's a critique on the Josh Maja saga...

https://www.coachtechsoccer.com/sustainable-til-i-die/