tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Coronavirus In Sport - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 13-03-2020, 09:48 AM

All SPFL games still going ahead until at least Monday.

Liverpool v Barca legends charity match in two weeks just got postponed this morning.
Old 13-03-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly sham View Post
Every peaky blinder - no sock wearing gobshite that comes back from Cheltenham should be forced into quarantine at the airports and ports. I include John Duggan from TodayFM in that, now playing the 'poor me' card, he's mad for Cheltenham and would never have thought of not going.
Duggan said this morning that speaking to people in cheltenham yesterday they reckon football season will be suspended,the man is a prick
Old 13-03-2020, 10:01 AM

Entire Everton squad and coaching staff in self isolation after a player reports symptoms.
Old 13-03-2020, 10:02 AM
Senior PROC Member

Full schedule of EFL games to go ahead.
Old 13-03-2020, 10:06 AM

Season will be postponed indefinitely. Finished in the summer months. Euros will go to next summer. New season will start in September, no winter break.

Money involved in promotion/relegation and European places will mean that season will have to be played out I’d imagine.

It’s grand for some dopey Liverpool fans to say that it needs to continue until a champion is determined, that’s incorrect.

Difference in finishing 1st/2nd is bragging rights essentially. Difference for likes of Sheff Utd playing in CL or not is massive. If league resumes it’ll have to be until every possible outcome is resolved.

If league is suspended for 65 consecutive days it’s in the rules that season can be voided.

I thought I’d seen it all when it comes to reasons for Liverpool not winning the league.

Fuck it, it’s only sport I suppose.

Also I wouldn’t be as apoplectic as some on here over Cheltenham attendees. It’s the clowns in charge that should have pulled it. There’s always an element of stupid people that’ll take risks. Remove the options to do so and that’ll help
Old 13-03-2020, 10:44 AM
Senior PROC Member

English Football League has agreed to suspend all games until at least 4 April due to the virus outbreak
Old 13-03-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post
You would imagine a decision will be made to suspend all football indefinitely, postpone the Euros until next week and allow the domestic leagues to finish, if and when they can over the summer months.

The alternative is to void the season, which a 'small minority' of Premier League clubs apparently want (the relegation-threatened teams obviously). But that should be the nuclear option and would fly in the face of sporting integrity and open up a slew of lawsuits.
I'm not too sure about that. Playing matches behind closed doors eliminates home advantage.

If a relegation threatened club thinks that a rival stayed up because they played an "away" match behind closed doors then maybe they could sue?

Best thing to do would be to freeze things and abandon the season and start again in August from scratch.
Old 13-03-2020, 11:02 AM
Senior PROC Member

Confirmed: Premier League, Football League, WSL and Women's Championship suspended until 3 April
Old 13-03-2020, 11:09 AM

The Premier League for 2019-2020 should now be abandoned.

Sheffield United for example could say that Paul Pogba, Harry Kane, and others will have more time to recover from long term injury and therefore their clubs will have an unfair advantage. They sued West Ham over Carlos Tevez a few years ago.

They could miss out on Champions League football over this.
Old 13-03-2020, 11:16 AM
Senior PROC Member

Vietnam and Bahrain GPs likely to be scrapped.