tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Garda Commissioner Resigns - Page 11 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 28-06-2018, 07:36 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice is yours View Post
That's him but I think some said here that he borrowed the bolt cutters from a nearby business and I don't know if it was a disabled parking space either
Correct on both counts. And he also paid the fine. He claimed he had to attend an important and urgent meeting at that time hence his use of the boltcutters to remove the clamp.
Old 28-06-2018, 08:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
That's him but I think some said here that he borrowed the bolt cutters from a nearby business and I don't know if it was a disabled parking space either
But he's a SF MLA - he can park where ever he wants.
Old 28-06-2018, 09:15 AM

Stephen Travers.

Unless PSNI / RUC Assistant Chief Constable Drew Harris publicly denounces the PSNI / RUC application for a Public Interest Immunity Cert to deny us the files on the notorious RUC SB agent and mass murderer, Robin Jackson, then he is not fit to be Ireland's Garda Commissioner.
Old 28-06-2018, 09:30 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffs View Post
But he's a SF MLA - he can park where ever he wants.
Even for by dullard standards you're not very bright are you?
Old 29-06-2018, 07:18 AM
PROC Member

Time will tell how Harris performs. The fact that he’s not an internal appointment is very refreshing. I really hope he shakes up the Gardai and brings in badly needed root and branch reform.

The shinner bots must be foaming at the mouth...
Old 29-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin75 View Post
Time will tell how Harris performs. The fact that he’s not an internal appointment is very refreshing. I really hope he shakes up the Gardai and brings in badly needed root and branch reform.

You must point them out when you see one. So far the person who has expressed the deepest concern about the appointment that I've come across is yerman Travers who survived the Miami Showband attack and references the coverups by RUC and PSNI

Though the ex high ranking Garda officer interviewed by RTE yesterday mentioning the fact that Drew Harris was an agent of a foreign government having major implications for his new position as head of Irish secret service gave him a lot of concern too.

They the "shinner bots" you have in mind
Old 29-06-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:

I'd say they'll hold fire as the party is trying to present itself as a viable option for government. Might change of course if Harris opens investigations into "good republicans" like Slab Murphy or uses that pesky Special Criminal Court to pursue erm.. criminals!!

I'd say the last thing young ambitious SF tds like say DOL in Cork South Central want is old relics banging on about agents of the crown being appointed to Guards, or what about all the security force collusion that he must know about.
Old 29-06-2018, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:

They will be under orders from the Army Council to keep their mouths shut (remember Muintir ), because Harris knows more about SF/IRA criminal activities than anyone.
Old 29-06-2018, 11:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post

Though the ex high ranking Garda officer interviewed by RTE yesterday mentioning the fact that Drew Harris was an agent of a foreign government having major implications for his new position as head of Irish secret service gave him a lot of concern too.
That is code for we don't want an outsider coming in and upsetting our cozy setup.
Old 29-06-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
That is code for we don't want an outsider coming in and upsetting our cozy setup.
Spot on - lad is worried more about pension entitlements, use of Garda facilities and cheap beer at the Garda clubs etc than national security.

In terms of serving Gardaí, the big issue with new appointee is will he be looking at current duty rostering and overtime budget!!