tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2 - Page 3992 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-04-2020, 03:38 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
65,000+ deaths are predicted for the U.K. up until August.

By the end of June the T.V. companies will be looking for £740 million in money back from the league for an incomplete season as the lawyers get called in as they have paid for an undelivered product.

The whole thing will have to be just abandoned as players cannot even train together for months as Professional Sport will not re-start until September at the very earliest.
Sensible post.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:44 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Sensible post.
Most of it, but I don't think Sky and BT can play hardball for the 740 million. If they do, the EPL can always look for new suitors, and there are probably a lot of internet giants who would be interested.

Sky subscriptions are heavily dependent on the EPL I'd say. Lose that and they're fucked.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
65,000+ deaths are predicted for the U.K. up until August.

By the end of June the T.V. companies will be looking for £740 million in money back from the league for an incomplete season as the lawyers get called in as they have paid for an undelivered product.

The whole thing will have to be just abandoned as players cannot even train together for months as Professional Sport will not re-start until September at the very earliest.
Everything is speculation. There are points for abandonment and points for just finishing it out whenever possible. I’d say between a few of us debating it in the last month; we haven’t missed much. Let’s not continue to go around in circles on the matter because that is all we are doing.

From my own point of view, I just want to see the title lifted in front of a full house. Otherwise they can keep it.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:49 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post
Everything is speculation. There are points for abandonment and points for just finishing it out whenever possible. I’d say between a few of us debating it in the last month; we haven’t missed much. Let’s not continue to go around in circles on the matter because that is all we are doing.

From my own point of view, I just want to see the title lifted in front of a full house. Otherwise they can keep it.
I'd say behind closed doors is the best you can hope for, in all seriousness. If they manage to finish the season, can't see it being in front of crowds, at all.
Old 09-04-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:

The pay-out for defaulting on the T.V. contract is huge and voiding it would trigger insurance rather than pay SKY and BT Sport etc huge sums that would bankrupt the Premier League itself.

Too many games left and not enough time as the weeks go by and it will all come down to contracts and money in the end.
Old 09-04-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:

I think the title will eventually go to Liverpool but I am not sure how that will happen.

However, I do believe that the only time it will presented before a full crowd will be just before a game sometime into the 20/21 season.
Old 09-04-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
The pay-out for defaulting on the T.V. contract is huge and voiding it would trigger insurance rather than pay SKY and BT Sport etc huge sums that would bankrupt the Premier League itself.

Too many games left and not enough time as the weeks go by and it will all come down to contracts and money in the end.
All about money - not only England but across Europe. Best case scenario is that football can be played again from August. In which case they'll play out 19/20 and then have condensed 20/21 with league split in two after all teams have played 19 games.
Old 09-04-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
To be honest, I wouldn’t like to be given the title. The record books would say we won 19 but it wouldn’t be the same at all. The elation would be sucked from it. If the league was to be cancelled it would pretty much the same feeling. We’d know we’d basically won it and while the record books wouldn’t say 19, the elation just wouldn’t be there.

For me; this is about having our moment. About watching my team finally rightfully win and lift the PL trophy and celebrating it with a few pints and having that moment of elation. That’s what the players would want too. Being handed the trophy would only upgrade the record books but it’s about living the moment. They’ll want to lift that trophy at Anfield in front of a full house and parade it on the streets of Liverpool. Anything else wouldn’t mean a whole pile.

We will have to wait and see what becomes of this. All I do know is that there doesn’t appear to be closed minds when it comes to finding a way to finish the season which I can accept for now, as a fan of LFC.
If won on pitch behind closed doors may not be ideal but it's still a title, il certainly settle
For promotion for Leeds in that manner,
Old 10-04-2020, 06:50 PM

King Kenny hospitalised. Tested positive for COVID-19
Old 10-04-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post
King Kenny hospitalised. Tested positive for COVID-19
Ah Christ. 😢