tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official French League Thread - Page 95 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #941  
Old 15-02-2020, 08:05 PM
marco 2005 marco 2005 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 23,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpYaBoya View Post
4-4
Haha

Yeah, just saw that, turned it off when they went 3-4 up
Reply With Quote
  #942  
Old 31-03-2020, 08:37 PM
marco 2005 marco 2005 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 23,240
Default

RIP Pape, he was loved at Marseille

‘We are saddened to report the death of former Marseille President Pape Diouf, who recently fell ill with COVID-19. May he rest in peace.’
Reply With Quote
  #943  
Old 28-04-2020, 02:07 PM
marco 2005 marco 2005 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 23,240
Default

Ligue 2019-20 is OVER

I repeat

it's O.V.E.R

Same for Top 14
Reply With Quote
  #944  
Old 28-04-2020, 02:24 PM
marco 2005 marco 2005 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 23,240
Default

so Lorient won't be promoted is it?

fuck ye you pangolin eating cunts!
Reply With Quote
  #945  
Old 28-04-2020, 02:55 PM
shez1987 shez1987 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco 2005 View Post
so Lorient won't be promoted is it?
You follow Lorient? Where were you after the first round of matches (when everyone played each other)? That is one option been explored and isn't the worse shout. Presumably that is after 19 games?

The other discussed option would send Lorient up, based on current standings. The mooted 'ranking established by a performance index' or PPG for Ligue 1 wouldn't apply as everyone in Ligue 2 has played the same amount of games.

Another option is enlarge Ligue 1 by two teams, again Lorient would be promoted.

Sounds like you are promoted. Go mad and celebrate. Promotion will be confirmed offically on Twitter when they decide what to do.

I can't wait for Leeds to be promoted as well on Twitter on a Tuesday afternoon in a few weeks. What a time to be alive.
Reply With Quote
  #946  
Old 28-04-2020, 03:17 PM
marco 2005 marco 2005 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 23,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post
You follow Lorient? Where were you after the first round of matches (when everyone played each other)? That is one option been explored and isn't the worse shout. Presumably that is after 19 games?

The other discussed option would send Lorient up, based on current standings. The mooted 'ranking established by a performance index' or PPG for Ligue 1 wouldn't apply as everyone in Ligue 2 has played the same amount of games.

Another option is enlarge Ligue 1 by two teams, again Lorient would be promoted.

Sounds like you are promoted. Go mad and celebrate. Promotion will be confirmed offically on Twitter when they decide what to do.

I can't wait for Leeds to be promoted as well on Twitter on a Tuesday afternoon in a few weeks. What a time to be alive.
You must never venture in this thread if you don't know by now it's my hometown club

My school used to be right across the stadium and training ground

Lorient were 2nd, 1 point behind Lens after 19 games (going into the winter break)

Right after the break, Lorient won 4 games on the bounce and took control of L2

It'd be a right kick in the teeth if they dont get promoted

There are talks of keeping L1 with 20 teams but still relegate 2 teams from L1 and promote 2 from L2

From a sporting point of view, Lorient deserve to be promoted
Reply With Quote
  #947  
Old 28-04-2020, 03:19 PM
Cloudy O'Ranieri Cloudy O'Ranieri is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 17,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post
You follow Lorient? Where were you after the first round of matches (when everyone played each other)? That is one option been explored and isn't the worse shout. Presumably that is after 19 games?

The other discussed option would send Lorient up, based on current standings. The mooted 'ranking established by a performance index' or PPG for Ligue 1 wouldn't apply as everyone in Ligue 2 has played the same amount of games.

Another option is enlarge Ligue 1 by two teams, again Lorient would be promoted.

Sounds like you are promoted. Go mad and celebrate. Promotion will be confirmed offically on Twitter when they decide what to do.

I can't wait for Leeds to be promoted as well on Twitter on a Tuesday afternoon in a few weeks. What a time to be alive.
I'd say the bigger question is where were you if you don't know Marco follows Lorient.
Reply With Quote
  #948  
Old 28-04-2020, 03:37 PM
shez1987 shez1987 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco 2005 View Post
You must never venture in this thread if you don't know by now it's my hometown club

My school used to be right across the stadium and training ground

Lorient were 2nd, 1 point behind Lens after 19 games (going into the winter break)

Right after the break, Lorient won 4 games on the bounce and took control of L2

It'd be a right kick in the teeth if they dont get promoted

There are talks of keeping L1 with 20 teams but still relegate 2 teams from L1 and promote 2 from L2

From a sporting point of view, Lorient deserve to be promoted
Nice one. I rarely pop into this thread tbh, but based on the scenarios been considered and voiding the season not being one of them, then...

Reply With Quote
  #949  
Old 28-04-2020, 03:50 PM
marco 2005 marco 2005 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 23,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post
Nice one. I rarely pop into this thread tbh, but based on the scenarios been considered and voiding the season not being one of them, then...
hopefully that'll indeed be that
Reply With Quote
  #950  
Old 28-04-2020, 07:02 PM
marco 2005 marco 2005 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 23,240
Default

Plenty tweets from journos saying PSG and Lorient will be crowned champions and Rennes will play in the CL

Get the feck in!

Please, be right
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.