Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Cork Jobs & Recruitment
User Name
Password

Old 11-04-2011, 11:02 AM

Default Great TEFL Jobs starting from Jun 2011 in Indonesia

EF English First is a world renowned language institution and we now have nine schools in our group and the newest school no 9 in Tangerang City started in August 2010.

Our team will help you reach your full potential as a TEFL teacher ; each school has a standardized induction program, regular training and observations, an extensive TEFL resource library as well as ,of course, constant support from the Director Of Studies and teaching team.

You could have the opportunity of working either in the faster pace of city life or in the quieter green suburban environment. The schools are located in North, South and West part Jakarta city, the outskirts of Jakarta and the neighboring city of Bogor.If you like city life we have EF Pluit,Tebet,Tanjung Duren,Puri and Cengkareng.
If you prefer suburb or outskirt of Jakarta, we have EF Bogor, BSD Tangerang, EF Gading Serpong and the newest one EF Tangerang City. Each area is unique and has varying features that our teachers enjoy living and working in. Between the nine schools there is an attraction for every professional teacher.

All of the schools are equipped with the latest in teaching aids, materials and educational multi-media technology. For more details regarding our schools, please visit: www.efjakarta.com

Indonesia is one of the most beautiful, fascinating and culturally absorbing nations in the world. As the capital city, Jakarta is a gateway to the natural and human treasures found throughout the islands. Jakarta is a busy metropolis, yet it is only a 60-90 minute boat ride to the Thousand Islands; a tranquil weekend getaway that’s a great place for diving and snorkeling with its vibrant coral reefs, or just to relax and sunbathe on the beaches.

As one of the largest groups of schools in Jakarta that continues to grow; we employ over 65 native speaking teachers. We are continually looking for EFL teachers with a minimum of CELTA, CTEFL or equivalent throughout the academic year. In some cases other qualifications will be considered, depending on the nature and extent of experience. A few of our teachers are continuing to the next contract. some are completing the contract and we will need replacement for them.
Our next available vacancies will be for June, July, August and September 2011.

The ideal candidate will be someone who works well within a team, has a positive outlook, enjoys making friends and has the ability to adapt to living and working in a developing country.

We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes:
-Highly competitive salary allowing a comfortable lifestyle and travel within Indonesia.
-A return air ticket.
-22 days paid leave.
-Accommodation assistance.
-Medical insurance.
-Incidental medical allowance.
-A renewable one year contract.
-The chance to work within a professional team teaching English to the highest standards in Indonesia today.

Please send your full CV, a recent photograph and contact details of two professional referees to:

Lydia
HRD Secretary
EF Swara Group
Tlp : +62 - 21 - 5694 2002
Fax : +62 - 21 - 5694 2112
E-mail : efswara@pacific.net. id

We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but regret that only those qualified will be contacted. However, all resumes received will be kept on file for future positions.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:20 AM

I have some questions, please respond at your earliest possible convenience.

Regarding salary; Can you please define competitive? EF Swara pay a little over 8 million rupiah per month, roughly €600 give or take. T.B.I. pay 14.5 million per month, Direct English pay something similar, A.I.M. and Wall Street pay roughly 13 million. These schools, however, all require a minimum of one years teaching experience. Does the salary with your company match that of other English language schools in Jakarta if a teacher has one or more years experience?

Regarding accommodation; Will I be living in a house owned by the school? If so will I have to pay rent and bills? Can you give me a rough idea of how much these costs would come to, if in fact they have to be paid? Who deals with the maintainance of the house?

Regarding medical insurance; Can you please tell me how much I will be covered for? Which insurer will I be covered by? Will I be fully covered for in-patient care? What is the claim procedure? Also, please explain incidental medical cover.

Regarding professionalism; What are your minimum requirements for teachers? Is a C.E.L.T.A. necessary? What experience do you require? What do you offer in terms of professional development?

Regarding working hours; As you didn't mention anything about this in your original post so I have some questions regarding what is expected of a teacher. Will I have weekends free? What time can I expect to start and finish? Will I work split shifts? Will I be expected to cover classes at very short notice? Can you please explain your over-time structure?

Regarding Visas; What will my working status be within Indonesia? Will get a KITAS? Will I be registered for tax? I am aware that the Dept. of Education in Indonesia has clamped down on E.S.L. teachers in the last few months and require all prospective teachers to have a minimum of a BA in English (and are unwilling to accept applicants with BA's in other fields) before being approved for a work permit; will this pose a problem?

Thanking you in advance you for swift reply,

Regards,

Jeff.