tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Man Utd Thread - Page 4 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 20-02-2007, 09:02 AM

I'd take 1-1 right now. I'm not sure if Bodmer is fit but if so himself & Makoun are a decent midfield and IMO are no weaker against Carrick & Scholes.

I dont really mind Fergie playing the 4-5-1 but having Rooney on the left is a disaster. Let him be the one dropping deep not Giggs.
Old 20-02-2007, 10:33 AM

henrik tells utd to get fooked

Quote:
Larsson will not extend Reds stay

Swedish striker Henrik Larsson has ruled out staying at Manchester United beyond his current loan spell which ends next month.

Larsson is set for his first Champions League appearance for United in Tuesday night's last-16 first leg clash against Lille.

But the 35-year-old has revealed he will return to parent club Helsingborgs on March 12 as originally planned, a week after the second leg against the French club.

"I am not saying that I am not flattered or grateful to get the opportunity to extend my stay but there are other things I need to think about," he said.

"The Swedish season starts at the end of March and I need to get back to that. I will stay only until March 12."

The former Celtic and Barcelona forward is becoming affected by travelling to and from Sweden, saying: "I am going back and forward and it's not an ideal situation."

He added: "This is a great adventure for me.

"I arrived in January and I'm going home in March to play in Sweden. It suits me perfectly."
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/sto...929607,00.html
Old 20-02-2007, 10:36 AM

It does'nt make sense for him to leave when United are 6 points ahead in the league & still in 2 cups (hopefully that will be the case on march 12) but you've got to respect his decision.
Old 20-02-2007, 11:57 AM

Much better midfield than last season but it will be tough i'd also take 1-1 but hopefully United can sneak something
Old 20-02-2007, 12:10 PM

I can appreciate yere sense of apprehension because united tend not to turn up on some European away nights and we saw in Lille last time round and copenhagen this campaign. But christ, i certainly think that anything less that a win tonight and they should be shot, Lille imo. have to be the weakest team left in the competition and if United in their current form cant get past them comfortably we shouldnt be there. I cant anything but a united win.
Old 20-02-2007, 12:16 PM

He's a strange character, Larsson. Can't complain, he's done very well for us on his little stint. Need Saha to get a goal or two before he leaves mind you - was a very important player for us in the first half of the season.
Old 20-02-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
I can appreciate yere sense of apprehension because united tend not to turn up on some European away nights and we saw in Lille last time round and copenhagen this campaign. But christ, i certainly think that anything less that a win tonight and they should be shot, Lille imo. have to be the weakest team left in the competition and if United in their current form cant get past them comfortably we shouldnt be there. I cant anything but a united win.
Ah but Utd are engaging in a bizarre love affair with conservative football away in Europe at the moment. I'm hoping it will come to an abrupt end tonight as we're clearly not well suited to cagey football, at least as being currently implemented. I don't think we're clinical enough finishers to play like Arsenal did last year in making the final.
Old 20-02-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
This is a Lille side that went to the San Siro & beat Milan so they cant be a bad outfit. As I've pointed out already I think their 2 central midfielders probably form a better partnership than Carrick & Scholes & I was very impressed by Bodmer when United played them last year.

United as an attacking force away from home have been non existant in Europe since 2003. Too conservative entirely but then again not many goals are conceded. Chances are'nt even being created either.

Hence take 1-1 & if you cant beat Lille at home you dont deserve to progress in the comp & it shows that you are not good enough.
Old 20-02-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnyB View Post

Hence take 1-1 & if you cant beat Lille at home you dont deserve to progress in the comp & it shows that you are not good enough.
Yup they are a physical outfit too

It has to be remembered that Lille's two games against the reds last year were played when morale was at an all-time low
Scholes getting sent off in OT didn't help but a woeful united should still have won that
If United play as bad as they did away they may well lose tonight but they (United) are a much better team now in the middle
Old 20-02-2007, 01:03 PM

Utd should win tonight. Anyone who thinks 1-1 will be a good result is a cagey fool.