tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The official Cork and Irish Basketball thread. - Page 1167 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 17-06-2019, 02:40 PM

I was a gaa player that played a bit so lacked finesse but I could rebound. Nothing worse than a pushy parent but you want them to learn properly. I think there is a lot of better young players coming up due to lots of second generation kids from basketball countries ie Nigerian and Lithuanian. I saw the Irish u16 squad named and only counted 2 traditional Irish names out of 15.
Old 17-06-2019, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetyouatgrandparade View Post
I was a gaa player that played a bit so lacked finesse but I could rebound. Nothing worse than a pushy parent but you want them to learn properly. I think there is a lot of better young players coming up due to lots of second generation kids from basketball countries ie Nigerian and Lithuanian. I saw the Irish u16 squad named and only counted 2 traditional Irish names out of 15.
Most club academy's are on summer break but from September onwards you have the Neptune academy on Wednesday evening in Neptune and Blue Demons is on Sunday morning in the prochail hall and ballincollig is on Saturday out in the school.

If you want your smallie to learn the fundamentals they are your best options by far by reading your two posts I'm only thanking the gods I'm no longer coaching as you have ticked several of the key my son my son and only my son boxes or as I would say nightmare parent alert.

The Irish teams are pay to play more or less as it costs a small fortune for a young g person to represent their country.
Old 17-06-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Post View Post
Most club academy's are on summer break but from September onwards you have the Neptune academy on Wednesday evening in Neptune and Blue Demons is on Sunday morning in the prochail hall and ballincollig is on Saturday out in the school.

If you want your smallie to learn the fundamentals they are your best options by far by reading your two posts I'm only thanking the gods I'm no longer coaching as you have ticked several of the key my son my son and only my son boxes or as I would say nightmare parent alert.

The Irish teams are pay to play more or less as it costs a small fortune for a young g person to represent their country.
Don’t think I’d be one of those parents. I played gaa at a high level and know where you’re coming from as I be seen it when coaching myself. Just want to do some home schooling to supplement club coaching
Old 17-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don’t think I’d be one of those parents. I played gaa at a high level and know where you’re coming from as I be seen it when coaching myself. Just want to do some home schooling to supplement club coaching
Jodi Noonan down in Neptune is your coach she knows her stuff and makes it fun for the kids. Personal experience has me cynical when it comes to parents who played basketball getting to involved with coaching any team their own little darling may be on. But I sense you are genuinely looking to improve your smallie so the basic footwork and shooting stances should all be well covered across YouTube but the most important thing is make it fun for the kids you want them to come back to the next session.
Old 17-06-2019, 04:58 PM

Cheers. I may not make all the academy sessions due to work etc but is essentially just copy what I see. I just don’t want to be confusing them. I think I was a decent coach of smallies in GAA as I wasn’t a naturally talented player and got ahead by Practising properly and consistently. It’s all about fun and I just hope that games are not win oriented and proper player rotation until 13/14 which doesn’t happen a lot in gaa to its detriment.
Old 17-06-2019, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Cheers. I may not make all the academy sessions due to work etc but is essentially just copy what I see. I just don’t want to be confusing them. I think I was a decent coach of smallies in GAA as I wasn’t a naturally talented player and got ahead by Practising properly and consistently. It’s all about fun and I just hope that games are not win oriented and proper player rotation until 13/14 which doesn’t happen a lot in gaa to its detriment.
Basketball is all fun and every child has to play at least one full quarter and no scores are kept until U12 here in Cork.
Old 18-06-2019, 08:26 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Post View Post
Basketball is all fun and every child has to play at least one full quarter and no scores are kept until U12 here in Cork.
Have Neptune a big academy ?
Stadium should be busy with bad weather and children off school,great asset .
Old 23-06-2019, 11:25 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thman View Post
Raptors or warriors,no one knows great for NBA .
What's happening ,so are Demons just playing intermediate locally or what ?
Old 23-06-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhopping View Post
What's happening ,so are Demons just playing intermediate locally or what ?
Again ,not sure but can't see them playing national League next season...maybe they are praying for a miracle or might have some players we don't know about🤔
Old 23-06-2019, 05:53 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thman View Post
Again ,not sure but can't see them playing national League next season...maybe they are praying for a miracle or might have some players we don't know about🤔
No national League team sad to see

Last edited by ballhopping; 24-06-2019 at 08:26 AM..