Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Arts & Culture
User Name
Password

Old 31-05-2007, 06:17 PM

Post Cork Cabby Capers

One morning I was passing the Bridewell down in the Coal Quay when I heard a load of shouting and roaring. I stopped my Cab to see what was going on there was this fellow shouting at the Garda standing on the Bridewell steps saying you locked me up all night and you expect me to go home without my breakfast the Garda was shouting at him go home boy will ye and if you dont go home now I will lock you up again never mind not getti ng your breakfast but you wont get no dinner or tea either.Any one interested in the Cork Cabby Capers Book can get in touch re email everybook sold the Alzheimers Foundation get a donation up to today 698 Books have been sold. Email happycabby@gmail.com
Old 02-06-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Cork Cabby Capers

Travelling to mayfield the other day and of course I had the radio on and of course it was 96fm and of course again the presenter Neil Prendeville was his usual not taking criticism from any one.I said to the people in my Taxi here is a good one for yee.This chap bought a car for his wives birthday and she took it out on her own to get the hang of it. When she came back she said to her husband its a wonderful car but I could not get the hang of the radio dont worry my dear I will go back in the morning and get that fixed up, Next morning he spoke to the chap that sold him the car and he was told that the radio is authomatic.As you go along you just say I want Rock and Roll a Rocker will come on and what other type of songs you want you just say it and they will come on oh ya great stuff as he was proceeding towards the gate a lorry pulled across it he lowered the window and shouts out hey ye plonker you must be corks number one plonker then the radio came on good morning Im Neil Prendeville.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:00 PM

What a wonderful day we had on Monday Re the Marathon .It was a day of Laughter all round. People were just fantastic from the participants.spectat ors.Garda.What a day to be driving a Taxi with all the road blocks etc Most of us it did not matter anyway for we were all Messenger Boys when we were young so we were able to get around easy and at the same time having great crack with all the people envolved.I took a lot of people to the Airport the next day and they all had a wonderful time but this is allways the same when we have Celebrations like this. Its about time we were nice to our own just the same as we are to people that come here.
Yours The Happy Cabby.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Cork CABBY Capers

We had a contract with the Cork Corporation and we would have done a lot of work for them. I collected one of the workers one day and took him out to Bishopstown.As I was writing out the Work Docket for him to sign he took the gear from the boot of the Cab.He started to put the gear on he started with the Overalls, Then the steel toed boots. then the goggles,then the helmet, then the gloves, Then he took Clippers from his bag and started to clip the hedge that was overgrown covering Road Signs as I was leaving I shouts out the window HEY you have more gear on ye than the men going to the Moon Yours happycabby@gmail.com
Old 18-08-2007, 05:44 PM

I do hope this thread gets printed as the last few did not. people have been

emailing me people have been getting into my Taxi all enquiring why l have not

been on the PROC Lately l told them that l have been trying to get material on

but some one is stealing it. l said l will give it one more try and if this succeed

l will definately put some funny material on again as l know people really

enjoyed it and l have some very good material to put on.

Yours The happycabby@gmail.com

P.S. l promise not to mention the BOOKS.
Old 20-08-2007, 07:17 PM

Default cork cabby capers

Cork Cabby Capers Taxi Base

Phone rings hello Cork Cabby Capers The Happy Cabby Speaking, You want a

Taxi sent to the Dogs Home, No problem there is one on its way, Taxi Base to

Paddy Paws, Paddy will you go down there to the Dogs Home and collect

some by the name of jack russell.

Email happycabby@gmail.com
Old 21-08-2007, 07:51 PM

As l stated a lot of the threads l put on the PROC had gone missing how this came about l just dont know. But l wonder had this guy that l collected in blackpool and brought him to victoria cross a few weeks ago, had anything to do with it.
When he got into my Taxi Cab he said oh Cork Cabby Capers as l have it well advertised on the windscreen and the back window, Ya l said do you know about the Book l wrote he said l do and he was mad smiling and by the time we got to Victoria Cross he was pissing himself laughing.
He told me he was working in the Computer Business.Any way l did not have to tell him like l tell all my passengers that your guaranteed to leave my Taxi Cab laughing. But this guy took the bisket he left my Taxi Cab pissin himself with laughter l know l am a bit funny but l did not think l am that good. Any way he know who he is and he might reply to this or he might cut me off again.

Yours happycabby@gmail.com
Old 22-08-2007, 08:15 PM

Camden Quay Bus Lane
Why cant Taxi;s use this Bus Lane. We can use every other bus Lane in Cork

but we cannot use this one. These Bus Lanes were put in place so Bus;s and

Tax;s and Hackneys could get thier passengers to thier destinations quicker.

The Taxi Representative is Elvis so come on Boy get your guitar and go down

there to the City Hall and give Mr Gavin a few bars of LOVE ME TENDER

And he might change his mind.

Old 22-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork cabby capers View Post
Camden Quay Bus Lane
Why cant Taxi;s use this Bus Lane. We can use every other bus Lane in Cork

but we cannot use this one. These Bus Lanes were put in place so Bus;s and

Tax;s and Hackneys could get thier passengers to thier destinations quicker.

The Taxi Representative is Elvis so come on Boy get your guitar and go down

there to the City Hall and give Mr Gavin a few bars of LOVE ME TENDER

And he might change his mind.

The fact you can use bus lanes is a balls, Derek.
Old 23-08-2007, 01:28 AM

Location: in the back of cabby capers taxi screaming to get out..aaaaahhhh it hurts it hurts

hackneys cant use a bus lane as there a private service vehicle .. only public service vehicles can use bus lanes...

feel free to put that in your book you fuckin creep