Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-07-2018, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
We've had a President of this country who hailed from the North and I don't think anyone interested in a United Ireland has any issue with someone from the north getting an appointment in the 26 and/or 32 per se. The problem, as anyone with any clue about what's going on and isn't trying to make political capital out of it, is that Drew Harrison has a track record of not properly investigating British involvement in the killing of innocents across this island; he has been involved in the coverup of information that would help investigation of the Dublin and Monaghan Bombings (amongst others); and he was also involved in the politically motivated arrest of Adams which subsequently came to naught.
I'd have no problem at all with someone from the north, or even the UK, being appointed to the head of the Gardaí as long as he/she didn't have a track record of using their position previously to confound the wheels of justice.

But of course that doesn't suit the agenda of those who want to try take another pop at Sinn Fein. After a while people start to wise up to such tactics.
Im not a republican but northetn Ireland is an english province. That woman had no buisness in running for president unless she revoked her british citizenship and used a ROI passport.

These a-la-carte irish boil my piss. Only irish when it suits them.

#nounitedireland
#26sayno
#buildthewall
Old 09-07-2018, 11:07 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictac View Post
Im not a republican but northetn Ireland is an english province. That woman had no buisness in running for president unless she revoked her british citizenship and used a ROI passport.
How do you know that she doesn't use her Irish passport? And calling MaryMc a-la-carte Irish is very much in line with the rest of your inane posts here, cop on to yourself
#simpleton
#dimwitted

Last edited by Choice is yours; 09-07-2018 at 11:20 PM..
Old 10-07-2018, 05:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice is yours View Post
How do you know that she doesn't use her Irish passport? And calling MaryMc a-la-carte Irish is very much in line with the rest of your inane posts here, cop on to yourself
#simpleton
#dimwitted
Ok. So she came here in 75 after graduating on belfast as a brief in 73.
If she holds a ROI passport then fine but i hsve no respect for her if she a dualist and holds multiple passports. (Same with every other dualist in this country).

Her current behaviours as regards the RCC are bordering on the insane. If she doesnt like the church then leave. Nobody is forcing her and her family to ransom
Old 17-07-2018, 12:45 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictac View Post

These a-la-carte irish boil my piss. Only irish when it suits them.

#nounitedireland
#26sayno
#buildthewall
Your ignorance really is astounding. Firstly, NI is a UK province, NOT an English one. Big difference.

Secondly, all NI residents are entitled to an Irish passport. McAleese has lived in the Republic for over 45 years anyway.

She was a fine President who served us very well.
Old 23-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Senior PROC Member

It has emerged that while there was no member of Irish security or Garda on the selection panel for the new Garda Commissioner, there were not one but in fact two British police officers.
Old 23-07-2018, 02:01 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
It has emerged that while there was no member of Irish security or Garda on the selection panel for the new Garda Commissioner, there were not one but in fact two British police officers.
I thought there was someone from the Dept of Justice on it, maybe i misread. I know that revenue one was on it, tough as old boots
Old 23-07-2018, 04:25 PM
Senior PROC Member

I've no doubt a civil servant or two was on the selection committee but two British police officers and they give the gig to a guy who has served in what he sees as an arm of british police. All a bit smelly don't you think?
Old 23-07-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Throw up a link there fella.
Old 17-01-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffs View Post
Throw up a link there fella.
Sound_Y?

We're still waiting.