tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Chelsea thread - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-02-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop-d Showcase View Post
booooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo!
Good point.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Senior PROC Member

didn't want to open a new thread for this, John Terrys wage demands in the times......

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle1496727.ece

"limitless parity" clause for the next 9 years....i think he's starting to believe all the tabloid hype about himself
Old 22-03-2007, 02:39 PM

A Chelsea Legend - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7gjz1JG6AE&NR
Old 22-03-2007, 08:33 PM

Real chief backs Mourinho

Soccernet

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon is using flattery to persuade 'exceptional' Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho to join the Spanish club in the summer.
Mourinho touted himself for a job at the Bernabeu when in Spain last week to spy on Valencia, who Chelsea face in the Champions League.
Calderon has praised Mourinho's achievements at Chelsea and claimed he could do the same with Real.
'He is an exceptional coach, who would be successful at any club and also for Real Madrid,' Calderon said.
Current boss Fabio Capello is expected to leave as coach in the summer, with Mourinho, Liverpool's Rafa Benitez and Bernd Schuster of Getafe in the running.
Meanwhile, Marcello Lippi has rejected suggestions that he has been offered the chance to take over from Mourinho at Chelsea this summer.
The Italian has responded negatively to reports that he and former Blues boss Gianluca Vialli could become the new management team at Stamford Bridge.
Frank Rijkaard, Juande Ramos, Didier Deschamps, Guus Hiddink, Ronald Koeman and Roberto Mancini have all been strongly linked with Chelsea in recent months.
Now World Cup winning coach Lippi has made it clear that Chelsea have not made him an offer and that he harbours doubts about working abroad.
Lippi said: 'These are just rumours and I hear many of those. The truth is that I haven't received any offers from Italian clubs, but only from foreign outfits, although Chelsea are not one of those.
'I am enjoying my time, I don't miss working and I might not start a new job this year.'
Lippi is concerned about moving outside of Italy where the language problems can often be a hindrance to coaches.
He added: 'The main issue is the language, perhaps it would be better to avoid foreign outfits.'
Old 23-03-2007, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post

I once went to a fancy dress party in Nancy Spains as Frank Sinclair......but I hired out a gorilla suit and put on my "Commodore" Chelsea Kit over it......not very PC I know thinking back on it.... ....but I was a big fan of Frank for some reason.......
Old 23-03-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy feen View Post
I once went to a fancy dress party in Nancy Spains as Frank Sinclair......but I hired out a gorilla suit and put on my "Commodore" Chelsea Kit over it......not very PC I know thinking back on it.... ....but I was a big fan of Frank for some reason.......
Old 26-03-2007, 12:30 PM

Chelsea lads have a bit of a chat about which players they think are cute..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gGk-x4kt47w
Old 27-03-2007, 11:27 AM

This would be a savage bargain if they could pull it off. Despite his undoubted ability Robben has increasingly become a peripheral figure at Chelsea and there have been strong rumours to suggest that Jose doesn't like his attitude (not that it matters if the special one is handed his p45 in the summer).

Quote:
BARCA EYE CUT-PRICE ROBBEN DEAL

Posted 27/03/07 08:11
EmailPrintSave

Chelsea winger Arjen Robben could be on his way to Barcelona in the summer for as little as £4million, according to Catalan daily El Mundo Deportivo.
The Dutch international has been linked with a move to the Nou Camp, but Barca were unwilling to meet a reported asking price of upwards of £12million.
However Andy Webster's move from Hearts to Wigan last summer appears to have given the Catalans hope they could lure Robben for a fraction of that fee.
The defender freed himself early from his contract at Tynecastle by using a FIFA law that allows players under 28 to leave for a club in a foreign country once they have spent three years at one club.
And as Robben moved to Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2004, he reaches that length of service with the Blues this year.
All Barcelona need to do is pay Chelsea Robben's £2million-a-year salary for the rest of his contract, which expires in 2009, as 'compensation'.
Old 27-03-2007, 11:36 AM

It would be if they didn't have so many wide players out there

Ronaldinho may move though

Robben is still crucial player at Chelsea but they miss Joe Cole more
Old 27-03-2007, 11:52 AM

They have many player who they choose to deploy in nominally wide positions but the majority of these players tend to drift inside and would prefer to play more centrally if given the choice. Guily is their only attacker that I can think of, off the top of my head, who is more comfortable out wide.