Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 08-11-2005, 10:50 AM

Default The Cobh Ramblers thread

Come on. Cork has a second team. They're doing well. We could even get local derbies next season.

Express your love here.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:53 AM

Come on Cobh Ramblers

I think Rooney has the potential to be a great midfield player
Old 08-11-2005, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~odb~
Come on. Cork has a second team. They're doing well. We could even get local derbies next season.

Express your love here.
i aint got enough love to go around to be giving cobh any
Old 08-11-2005, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelred
i aint got enough love to go around to be giving cobh any
Cobh doesn't need your love!!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 02:44 PM

while i have no particular love for cobh, i have recently moved to one of the cube farms on the outskirts of the town. and since i'm not even from cork, i will hereby declare my support for the beys from great island.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~odb~

Express your love here.
Queenstown Ramblers???

Shouldn't they be playing in the English league anyway.

You'll get no support from me for Ramblers. It's a well known fact that Queenstown people are ... well ... just plain weird.
Change His future mind?

DERP!
Old 08-11-2005, 04:14 PM

I've some great memories of going to Ramblers games - Mick McCarthy telling me in no uncertain terms to f*ck off (friendly Vs Milwall ,we were hanging off the top of the dugout annoying him), trying to get Quinn's autograph and not being tall enough for him to even notice, George Wilshaw scoring direct from a corner, Pakie Kelly bombing down the wing, half-time oxtail soup which quite literally burned a hole in your mouth, "Bring on the Dustbin", pint of orange & red lemonade in the bar after games, the 3 replays against Sligo in the FAI Cup semi (I've only heard about this from my dad & uncles but it sounded great), the amount of times we nearly went to the wall, the memories of one of the greatest players of our time taking his first steps in the game (and no, he wasn't even the best player on the team back then which is amazing), the post-match kickarounds on the pitch (until you were hunted off)..great times, great memories
Old 08-11-2005, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby
I've some great memories of going to Ramblers games - Mick McCarthy telling me in no uncertain terms to f*ck off (friendly Vs Milwall ,we were hanging off the top of the dugout annoying him), trying to get Quinn's autograph and not being tall enough for him to even notice, George Wilshaw scoring direct from a corner, Pakie Kelly bombing down the wing, half-time oxtail soup which quite literally burned a hole in your mouth, "Bring on the Dustbin", pint of orange & red lemonade in the bar after games, the 3 replays against Sligo in the FAI Cup semi (I've only heard about this from my dad & uncles but it sounded great), the amount of times we nearly went to the wall, the memories of one of the greatest players of our time taking his first steps in the game (and no, he wasn't even the best player on the team back then which is amazing), the post-match kickarounds on the pitch (until you were hunted off)..great times, great memories
Thsoe replays against Sligo were unreal
The amount of abuse the black feen playing from Sligo got was ridiclous, the only black people seen around Cork and Cobh then were playing B-ball with Burgerland (Jasper mcElroy the legend!)
How times have changed
Inevitably he scored the winner and shoved it right down the racists throats
Poetic Justice!
Old 08-11-2005, 11:20 PM

Their result against Dublin City was a real blow to them. They need to bounce back
Old 09-11-2005, 03:46 AM

been down there once to watch them play longford. nothing match. freezing cold. about 3 fella's behind the goal bushing and an old fella and his dog. pretty sure he was lost coz he kept calling out "bingo". remember nothing of the game bar this fella walking behind the goal with a bag of chips and got clung with a stray free kick right across his mug. chips went everywhere. funniest thing i've seen in years. Hurrah for St Colmans park, coldest place on the planet.