tempobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Chelsea thread - Page 5 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 05-04-2007, 12:32 PM

Ha ha class

This thread is where it's at for the big issues

I don't think Blackwater and co ever even bother coming in here it's like an oasis from the wums
Old 05-04-2007, 02:09 PM

Is Blackwater:

...one of the SFI's little brother?

...a spin off?
Old 05-04-2007, 03:17 PM

The Chelsea thread

The only place where the SFI and cronies don't post!
Old 08-04-2007, 03:46 PM

Hose-A tries to wind up the drunk Scot

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has taunted Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson by claiming United are "lucky" not to be playing the Blues next week.

Chelsea cut United's lead at the top of the Premiership to three points at the weekend after beating Tottenham, while United lost to Portsmouth.
Mourinho said: "United are very lucky they don't have to play here next week. Can you imagine them here next weekend?
"That's the game where they will slip up, against us, so they're very lucky."

But Mourinho said: "I was not surprised Ferguson complained about our fixture because he is intelligent and maybe he thinks other people are stupid.
"But the truth is United are very, very lucky with the fixtures because, until now, they have always played before us."
Mourinho added: "Ferguson is an intelligent man, a successful man with a great career. "But when you think other people are stupid it is not a good quality."

The Run-in

Man Utd's remaining Premiership fixtures:
Tuesday, 17 April
(H) Sheff Utd
Saturday, 21 April
(H) Middlesbrough
Saturday, 28 April
(A) Everton
Saturday, 5 May
(A) Man City...........this will be an interesting tie

Wednesday, 9 May
(A) Chelsea
Sunday, 13 May
(H) West Ham

Chelsea's remaining Premiership fixtures:
Wednesday, 18 April
(A) West Ham
Sunday, 22 April
(A) Newcastle
Saturday, 28 April
(H) Bolton
Sunday, 6 May
(A) Arsenal
Wednesday, 9 May
(H) Man Utd
Sunday, 13 May
(H) Everton
Old 08-04-2007, 03:50 PM

Hmm, the only thing is that Chelsea still haven't quite reached the heights Utd have at their best this season.

He'd better hope that his suspicions about Utd's bottle are correct for the Bridge.

If Utd breeze past them with a performance on the day to win the title down there, he'll get sacked I'd say.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:59 PM

Saturday, 5 May
(A) Man City.

Sunday, 6 May
(A) Arsenal

This is the key weekend for me. Our next three games are highly winnable. There's are also winnable, but more difficult.

But assuming all game before then are won, this will go a long way to deciding the title. I'm not sure there's ever an ideal time for us to travel to Eastlands, but surely this will be as opportune a moment as any- notwithstanding their desire to put a spanner in the works.

God only knows which Arsenal side will turn up that weekend. Will it be the side who beat us twice, and should have turned Chelski over at the bridge? Or will it be the comedy act of recent weeks?

If United win, and Chelski drop points, the game at the bridge will be of little consequence. Conversly, if the opposite happens we'll be up against it.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KolaKubes View Post
If Utd breeze past them with a performance on the day to win the title down there, he'll get sacked I'd say.
Barring a quintruple, he's gone anyway, which is sheer lunacy.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho chi feen View Post
But assuming all game before then are won, this will go a long way to deciding the title. I'm not sure there's ever an ideal time for us to travel to Eastlands, but surely this will be as opportune a moment as any- notwithstanding their desire to put a spanner in the works
Even though they are at home you could see putting out a very robust line-up intent on avoiding defeat (and by extension potentially giving Chelsea that chink of light that they're hoping for).

If the title is undecided by the time Utd play Chelsea that game will be as tight as a nun's cnut.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:27 PM

I think the League Cup final settled any questions about whether Arsenal will be up for that game at the Emirates.

There's a few other problems looming for Chelsea too.

They'll have a tough game away in Valencia and losing out there will burst their little bubble from this weekend fairly sharpish.

I also think that Blackburn will kick seven shades out of them next weekend. Though I think they'll win anyway, that's going to be a hard hard game for them following on from the trip to Valencia.

After that, it's West Ham away while Utd have Sheffield at home, we could feasibly see Utd stretch their lead again there. West Ham are flying right now and that's a proper local derby.

To be honest, I think they've been very very fortunate with their fixture list since Anfield and even still they've been struggling, just getting over the line 1-0 most of the time, often thanks to Cech.

They will have to pick up their form considerably despite their breakthrough this weekend. Much tougher fixtures ahead and they still need to win them all realistically.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:49 AM

Its Uniteds title to lose.....