tempobet Instagram Profiles
Iron Sky in Cork? - Page 4 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Arts & Culture
User Name
Password

Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Celluloid View Post
We booked the film due to the demand and popularity of it on forums such as this. It isn't listed in our May brochure so please try and promote the screening as much as possible!
Fantastic news.

Can I wear my SS Obergruppenfuhrer uniform and bring my light sabre ?

Is there a soundtrack available on record ?

A "Vinyl solution" if you will ?
Old 13-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Senior PROC Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Fantastic news.

Can I wear my SS Obergruppenfuhrer uniform and bring my light sabre ?

Is there a soundtrack available on record ?

A "Vinyl solution" if you will ?
Heh heh.....
Old 15-05-2012, 01:34 PM

Yehaw! Can't wait
Old 16-05-2012, 01:35 PM

Jaysis. The boys are really gunning for Revolver Films;

Iron Sky team does not approve the UK release strategy.

As some of you may already know, our UK distributor Revolver Entertainment decided to release Iron Sky for just one day in cinemas in the United Kingdom, and then never again. The film has been opening all across Europe during the last six weeks, with excellent results (nearly 850 000 cinema admissions so far!), but Revolver refuses to give it a proper run in UK theaters. What they are doing is basically stabbing us in the back.

Revolver misled us by assuring us a proper cinema release during the production, but came out suddenly and last minute with their new plan, the one-day-only release, and refused to listen to our arguments against it.

We even asked our fans to contact Revolver and let them know what they think of the plan, they received thousands of comments in just few days from people who want to see Iron Sky but even that wasn't enough for them to change their plans.

The fact that they are releasing Iron Sky for just one day (in the middle of the week) shows a great disrespect for us, the filmmakers, who have been slaving to make this film as cinematic - with big special effects, sounds and great action - as possible. It's also a major middle finger to the fans, followers and investors who have been following the production for years and now suddenly have only few hours to run to the theater, and then enjoy their quickly rushed DVD and Blu-Ray release. A release that will be missing all the material we've planned for it – documentaries, commentaries, artwork and whatever we've gathered during our six long years of production.

Thus, we, the filmmakers of Iron Sky, cannot support their one-day cinema release strategy and rushed DVD release.

We apologize to our fans for our bad judgement in choosing a company like Revolver to take care of the distribution in the UK. We also want thank everyone who have so far been supporting our efforts to change Revolver's mind by sending messages to their Facebook page, their email addresses and their Twitter accounts. We are humbled to see so many of you have stepped up and you deserve our greatest thanks.

But we're not giving up! The release date is getting close, but we will continue our efforts to get you a proper chance to see Iron Sky like it was meant to be seen - on the silver screen. And once more we ask you, our fans, friends, followers, collaborators and investors – and all your friends to do whatever you can to try to turn Revolver's head.

Please send email, Facebook message, Tweet and even a darn post card to Revolver to let them know that you are not supporting their release strategy and demand a proper, longer cinema release period!

The Iron Sky Team:
Tero Kaukomaa, producer
Timo Vuorensola, director
Samuli Torssonen, VFX producer

Contact info for Revolver

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/revolverentertainment
Twitter: http://twitter.com/revolveruk & http://twitter.com/ironskyuk
Email: info@revolvergroup.c o.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7243 4300
Mail:
Revolver Entertainment
48 & 49 Princes Place
Holland Park
London W11 4QA
United Kingdom
Old 16-05-2012, 06:49 PM

It's been getting messy, several cinemas booked the film for a regular theatrical run last month and the film was pulled at the last minute - after many of them had gone to print on their listings. Delighted to have gotten a booking for Triskel though, and it looks like it'll be the only Irish screening the film will get in a cinema!
Old 16-05-2012, 07:55 PM

Just a heads up guys - Tickets are selling fast guys so if you're gonna see the movie get your tickets sooner than later!!!
Old 18-05-2012, 03:48 PM

As of 20 minutes ago over 50% of the tickets for Iron Sky are sold! Book now to avoid disappointment.
Old 19-05-2012, 02:52 PM

For a chance to win an Iron Sky poster check out the Twisted Celluloid Facebook page - competition ends 12:00pm on Sunday 20th May.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Twist...57767987608252
Old 21-05-2012, 07:28 AM

What are the odds on Deccy winning that one too?
Old 23-05-2012, 11:37 AM

Iron Sky is bieng shown tonight at the Triskel at 11. Tonight is the only UK/Ireland showinh. I've booked my ticket all ready. It could be the best worst film ever!