tempobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Spurs thread - Page 659 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-06-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingin View Post
I'm sure he was sent off for it in the league cup final v martin o neills leicester, was it 1998?
1999 it was, when Allan Nielsen scored a header in the last few minutes. I'd forgotten about the sending off.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:38 PM

Spurs have sold Trippier and look to be trying to offload Danny Rose too.

Appreciate that Trippier had a big WC hangover but to offload both in the same window feels a little odd.

Any prominent replacements lined up?
Old 17-07-2019, 12:53 PM

Cafu and Maldini are being genetically modified at Spurs' training centre so that their body clocks are switched back to 1996.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:59 PM

Seriously though, Trippier I can handle but Rose is disappointing. I'd say that's at least partly on the player's side and not necessarily the club getting rid but replacements would want to be brought in.

I would have been mad for Atal but he broke his collarbone in Egypt. Not sure what the longer term implications of that are.

Davies signed a contract recently but he's simply not top class, no matter how well 17/18 went for him.
Old 18-07-2019, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
Seriously though, Trippier I can handle but Rose is disappointing. I'd say that's at least partly on the player's side and not necessarily the club getting rid but replacements would want to be brought in.

I would have been mad for Atal but he broke his collarbone in Egypt. Not sure what the longer term implications of that are.

Davies signed a contract recently but he's simply not top class, no matter how well 17/18 went for him.

🤔
It's surprising to see both Trippier and Rose being moved on tbh. Spurs seemed to be building something solid but are they going to dismantle it now? Strange really.
Old 18-07-2019, 12:30 PM
dan ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post
🤔
It's surprising to see both Trippier and Rose being moved on tbh. Spurs seemed to be building something solid but are they going to dismantle it now? Strange really.
Trippier had a poor season. Had become a weak link defensively, no harm to move him on, just hope Aurier doesn't become first choice, but i think it's more likely to be Foyth or someone new. Rose is disappointing, suspect he wants a new challenge himself but i am speculating. But also it's only a matter of time before Sessegnon is signed and suspect he could be used as a left back as well as left winger.
Old 18-07-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post
🤔
Dismantle is ott, RB was a weak spot last season anyway. It's not as if they can't be replaced. Getting 21m for a 28yo after a "bad" season is good business. We'll see what happens with Rose, and hopefully Eriksen can be persuaded seeing as his "come and get me" doesn't seem to be springing the big boys into action so far.
Old 18-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
Dismantle is ott, RB was a weak spot last season anyway. It's not as if they can't be replaced. Getting 21m for a 28yo after a "bad" season is good business. We'll see what happens with Rose, and hopefully Eriksen can be persuaded seeing as his "come and get me" doesn't seem to be springing the big boys into action so far.

😎
Real Madrid's directors want Eriksen. Zidane wants Pogba.
Watch this space!
Old 19-07-2019, 09:40 AM
PROC Member

Sessegnon and maybe Tierney with Davies would ensure LB.
Foyth with Aurier and KWP should ensure RB with Aurier last option.
Old 19-07-2019, 10:26 AM

Rose is a fine player. Wasn’t he complaining about wages over the last season or two? I think he could be after a payday. Surprising United or other top english clubs aren’t sniffing about him. Big loss to Spurs though.