tempobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Spurs thread - Page 656 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-05-2019, 04:55 PM

Salah and co. will be licking their lips at the thoughts of running at Trippier I’d say.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'luck View Post
Fair play to Spurs last night, that's a massive result considering the sides that very talented Ajax team have put aside on the route to the semi final. Although I'd have rathered Ajax it's a great achievement by Spurs to get this far. I'm delighted they were able to stop City getting their greasy hands nearer to the European Cup for another year at least.

To win it like they did has made these set of semi-finals the most thrilling in recent memory. Moura is an odd one in the sense of he can look almost detrimental at times to the flow of the team in some ways but then goes and bags a hatrick with some very nice finishing after getting into good positions, be pretty harsh not to start him in the final after that though.

I may live to eat my words but I'd almost rather Kane is ''fit'' for the final and plays as I believe VVD will eat him alive considering the Kane layoff and the form the Dutchman has been in this season. He's a fantastic player though and read that he had made a fiery entrance in the dressing room at half time and looked like that made a difference. Whether he makes it or not I'm sure he'll be claiming any goals Spurs happen to score anyway. I'd be mostly worried of Son from a Liverpool point of view. Could have been in for a goal at Anfield if not for top VVD defending and Sissoko panicking.

Ajax also were unlucky at times yesterday though and if Liverpool play like they played against Barca(with added Mo & Bobby) then I think we're winning this one. The Dutchmen were very naive late on in the game with how they tried to see it out but Liverpool will be much wiser to that(hopefully). Any bit of complaceny and Spurs will punish Liverpool though. Either way, been a pretty outstanding year for PL sides in Europe.
Oh dear, I'll ask you this once: who set up that chance by dropping deep, as he does regularly these days, and plays incisive passes in behind?
Old 09-05-2019, 05:09 PM

Under no circumstances would I prefer Kane to be playing. You only need look at Spurs goals stats with and without him to see his influence. They managed 3 at City and Ajax when the pressure was on but they have struggled in the PL for goals without him.

His link up play along with ability to score all types of goals make him among the top strikers in the world. Spurs will have a lot more belief for having him fit and I can’t see him not making it when the game is so far away. He seemed to run onto the pitch fine last night!
Old 09-05-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post
Under no circumstances would I prefer Kane to be playing. You only need look at Spurs goals stats with and without him to see his influence. They managed 3 at City and Ajax when the pressure was on but they have struggled in the PL for goals without him.

His link up play along with ability to score all types of goals make him among the top strikers in the world. Spurs will have a lot more belief for having him fit and I can’t see him not making it when the game is so far away. He seemed to run onto the pitch fine last night!
That's it. He's scored and created chances against the best defences in Europe over the last few years. He's not just going to stand on van Dijk and hope his buddies create for him. Just hopefully it's Son running on to the ball and not Sissoko the next time!
Old 09-05-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon Langer View Post
Dawwwwwwwww!!!

Missed it last night but well done to Spurs, some going!
BL, are you fu##ing mad. if Spurs win it be the biggest disaster in The Arsenals history.
Liverpool till i die or for a few weeks.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:00 PM

Calm down the two of ye, I've said in the very same post Kane is a fantastic player and of course if he's fit then he is a huge danger to Liverpool, not sure where I said otherwise. I was talking more in the sense of if he is rushed back and hiding the injury to some extent,, eg how it looked in the latter stages of the world cup (with the added difficulty of not having played a competitive game for almost 2 months).

"I'd be amazed if we didn't learn in the next few days that Kane wasn't carrying an injury since the Colombia game," Neville said on ITV Sport. "I'd be amazed.

"He wasn't even moving around in the second half against Colombia. Against Sweden he was static.

"It's not an excuse, he's just not looked right."

That was Gary Neville summing it up pretty well at the time IMO. Carrying an injury may hamper the abilities you two are rightfully crediting him for. Call me crazy but I'd be more worried of a fully fit Son than a half fit Kane at this moment in time. I don't think that's too outlandish in a match that will surely be played at a huge intensity. Obviously I'd prefer if he was out altogether but the reason I'm commenting on it is it looks like it's going to be touch and go whether he makes it.

Anyway congrats Cloudy on getting to the final. Fantastic achievement for Poch and Spurs.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat_boy View Post
Vertonghen left the ground last night wearing a protective boot and on crutches. Suspected ankle ligament damage doing the rounds on twitter.
Well. Twitter isn’t for the faint of heart.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'luck View Post
Calm down the two of ye, I've said in the very same post Kane is a fantastic player and of course if he's fit then he is a huge danger to Liverpool, not sure where I said otherwise. I was talking more in the sense of if he is rushed back and hiding the injury to some extent,, eg how it looked in the latter stages of the world cup (with the added difficulty of not having played a competitive game for almost 2 months).

"I'd be amazed if we didn't learn in the next few days that Kane wasn't carrying an injury since the Colombia game," Neville said on ITV Sport. "I'd be amazed.

"He wasn't even moving around in the second half against Colombia. Against Sweden he was static.

"It's not an excuse, he's just not looked right."

That was Gary Neville summing it up pretty well at the time IMO. Carrying an injury may hamper the abilities you two are rightfully crediting him for. Call me crazy but I'd be more worried of a fully fit Son than a half fit Kane at this moment in time. I don't think that's too outlandish in a match that will surely be played at a huge intensity. Obviously I'd prefer if he was out altogether but the reason I'm commenting on it is it looks like it's going to be touch and go whether he makes it.

Anyway congrats Cloudy on getting to the final. Fantastic achievement for Poch and Spurs.
Nice one, it's hard to believe. I had a feeling the CL (once they got out of the group miraculously) was always going to be where the action was for Spurs rather than a title race but the way the last two rounds have come about have been from the realms of fantasy.

Apparently Vertonghen is grand.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post

Agree completely. Don't forget Kane was the top scorer in the World Cup too. A serious player.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:33 PM
Senior PROC Member