Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-01-2008, 06:00 PM

Default Neil Delamare for 12e in UCC

Neil Delamare is leading the comedy from of UCC's RAG week - half the price of the opera house the week after it should be a good night!

http://sinuccshop.com/store/index.ph...d&productId=39

Neil Delamere is one of the top headline acts working in the Irish comedy scene today. Having performed on 5 continents, he staged his debut solo show in the Edinburgh festival in 2004.

”One of the funniest things you'll see at the Fringe this year”
- Edinburgh Fest Magazine

His live stand-up set was then recorded for the BBC comedy series One Night Stand. Presently working on The Panel the RTE comedy news show alongside Ed Byrne and Colin Murphy and hosted by Dara O'Briain, Neil is also a regular on the Blame Game, a topical tv show for the BBC. Hailed by the Irish Independent for his countless MC skills, Neil is the regular compere at several gigs around Dublin. He has performed all over Ireland as well as at the prestigious Kilkenny Cats Laugh festival, the Montreal Just For Laughs Festival and the Adelaide Fringe Festival. He featured in both series of Liffey Laughs, RTE's stand-up show in 2005 and 2006 as well as The World Stands Up for Paramount.

”Endless top-notch material that had this audience in stitches” - Adelaide Fringe Festival 2004

2006 also saw Neil return to the Montreal Just for Laughs Festival where he performed in the Irish gala show and presented a 6 part series on the festival for RTE.

”Neil Delamere is beginning to emerge as a contender, his sweet, faux-naive style a refreshing contrast……the rising star of Irish comedy, a wryly brilliant live performer” - Sunday Times

Neil will be playing the Boole for less than half the price available from the Cork Opera House only a week later. So take advantage. Go on. It'll be great!
Old 19-01-2008, 08:21 PM

Saw him before Christmas CLASS
Old 19-01-2008, 09:26 PM

jaysus i think hes shit.
Old 19-01-2008, 10:03 PM

I saw him about four years ago I'd say in Nancy Spains, and I thought he was very good.

But I got his DVD a few weeks ago and it's shit. The worst of the Irish stand up DVDs I've seen (Ed Byrne, Tiernan, Bishop, O'Briain, even Andrew Maxwell).

Might go along to this anyway.
Old 19-01-2008, 10:08 PM

I saw him about the same time in NSpains too - he was fairly feckin funny - then again in the city limits comedy store - he ripped me for about 15mins. Could do nothing but laugh (awkwardly)