tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Airport rules 'costing musicians' - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 22-08-2006, 09:50 AM

Default Airport rules 'costing musicians'

Strict security measures at UK airports are having a "devastating impact" on musicians.

more here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5273576.stm

http://myspace.com/paddypaws123
Old 22-08-2006, 09:59 AM

not just that, but extra weight charges (from several airlines) on baggage are costing touring bands a small fortune too . . . ask Rulers of the Planet who have been abroad touring a couple of times this year ..

air guitars might just be the way to go
Old 22-08-2006, 10:16 AM

Why don't the violinists just get a massive flight case for the violin? Say, a 15U rack stuffed with foam. It wouldn't weight much, and would protect the fiddle from any accident. If the thing is worth €30,000, I'm sure the musicians benefactor would be happy to spend €300 on a box for it! Actually, there are many violins in use that are worth more than €30,000...

But it is such a pain, these so called "security measures"- it's all down the the extreme paranoia of the Bush admin. I came thru Heathrow at 7 pm Sunday with two large wooden bowls. Security didn't give a damn, they were thoroughly sick of the nonsense, and rightly so.
Old 22-08-2006, 10:21 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtheory
Why don't the violinists just get a massive flight case for the violin? Say, a 15U rack stuffed with foam. It wouldn't weight much, and would protect the fiddle from any accident. If the thing is worth €30,000, I'm sure the musicians benefactor would be happy to spend €300 on a box for it! Actually, there are many violins in use that are worth more than €30,000...

But it is such a pain, these so called "security measures"- it's all down the the extreme paranoia of the Bush admin. I came thru Heathrow at 7 pm Sunday with two large wooden bowls. Security didn't give a damn, they were thoroughly sick of the nonsense, and rightly so.
Try saying that when one bollock's in Wexford and your others in Cork..
Old 22-08-2006, 04:37 PM

Wa...???